Shiny Jewel Chao (Invisible Chao, Transparent Chao and More)

Wanna make a new Chao? Look in here for how to make various Chao, or post your own recipes!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Shiny Jewel Chao (Invisible Chao, Transparent Chao and More)

Post by Crazo3077 »

Contents
What are Shiny Jewel Chao?
How to Obtain a Shiny Jewel Chao
Different Shiny Jewel Chao
  • Transparent Chao
    Invisible Chao
    Other Shiny Jewel Chao
    Shiny Jewel Chao in SADX PC
Absence of Shiny Jewel Chao on Modern Versions
Theories
Help
Topic History
  • Old Version
Notes

What are Shiny Jewel Chao?
Shiny Jewel Chao are the result of a Shiny Chao and a Jewel Chao mating. They have unique characteristics that are exclusive and unusual to what you would expect out of their parents. If the Shiny Jewel Chao is an offspring of a Shiny White Chao and a Gold Chao you would call it a "Shiny Jewel White Chao", though saying "Shiny Gold White Chao" would also be correct. It isn't important which you use. What matters is the Shiny Chao, not the Jewel Chao.

How to Obtain a Shiny Jewel Chao
To obtain a Shiny Jewel Chao you need to have a Shiny Chao and a Jewel Chao.

Depending on which game you are playing, a Shiny Chao should appear in the Black Market once you are halfway through the game in all stories. If you mate a Shiny Chao with a Non-Shiny Chao to obtain a different Shiny Chao is can cause a different result when mating to get a Shiny Jewel Chao.

Obtaining a Jewel Chao can be a bit more difficult. If you are playing Sonic Adventure DX, you can easily find a Gold Chao and a Silver Chao in Station Square and Mystic Ruins fairly easily. If you are playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Jewel Chao can only be obtained by using a Tiny Chao Garden. You can either purchase a Jewel Chao on the Tiny Chao Garden or send one over from Sonic Adventure DX. This is the only way to obtain a Jewel Chao on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

Different Shiny Jewel Chao
As stated at the beginning, Shiny Jewel Chao do not behave like other Chao. They take on many forms that are easy to obtain, but sometimes hard to differentiate.

Invisible Chao
There are three Shiny Jewel Chao that have completely invisible bodies. Those Chao are Shiny Jewel Light Green Chao, Shiny Jewel Yellow Chao, and Shiny Jewel Grey Chao. The Chao's body is completely invisible except for the eyes, the wings, and the ball above its head. No matter how you raise this Chao it will remain like this. Many people enjoy using the Black Group Animals to make the Chao look like a floating item.

Transparent Chao
The most plentiful of Shiny Jewel Chao is the eight Transparent Chao. These Chao have partially solid bodies that are easy to see through. These Chao all have a shininess to them and have highlights. The following chart explains what each Shiny Jewel Chao should look like.
  • Shiny Jewel Red Chao = Transparent Green Chao
    Shiny Jewel Orange Chao = Transparent Yellow Chao
    Shiny Jewel Green Chao = Transparent Yellow Chao
    Shiny Jewel Light Blue Chao = Transparent White Chao with a Yellow Tint
    Shiny Jewel Blue Chao = Transparent White Chao with a Blue Tint
    Shiny Jewel Purple Chao = Transparent Light Blue
    Shiny Jewel White Chao = Transparent White Chao with Green Tint
    Shiny Jewel Black Chao = Transparent White Chao
Some Transparent Chao will have strange tints to them which alter their color slightly. They can also vary in intensity, but that is no very important.

Pseudo Chao
The remaining three Shiny Jewel Chao are what I like to call Pseudo Chao. They look like real and plausible Chao but are different when they mate. Each variation is different.
  • Mint Chao
    The Shiny Jewel Pink Chao has an interesting trait about itself. It is a Shiny Two-Tone White Chao with a Green Tint. It is the solid equivalent to the Shiny Jewel White Chao. This Chao has been given many other nicknames, but Mint seems to be the most common.

Pseudo Shiny Two-Tone White Chao
    Oddly enough, the Shiny Jewel Brown Chao looks just like a Shiny Two-Tone White Chao. The only difference is that this Chao will not mate like a Shiny Two-Tone White Chao would. Always remember that a Shiny Two-Tone White Chao will look like a Shiny Normal Chao unless it is raised to be a Dark Chao or Neutral Chao.

Shiny Jewel Normal Chao
    This is a rather sad result. When you get a Shiny Jewel Normal Chao is till look exactly like a Shiny Normal Chao. There is no difference other than how they mate. This can get very confusing, but is easy to understand.
Shiny Jewel Chao in SADX PC
On the PC version of Sonic Adventure DX you will notice that the Invisible Chao and Transparent Chao are replaced with Pseudo Chao. Because of how many there are, and how strange they look, it is a fun adventure to figure out what each Shiny Jewel Chao has been replaced with.

Absence of Shiny Jewel Chao in Modern Versions
When playing Sonic Adventure on Xbox 360 or Play Station 3 you will be unable to get a Shiny Jewel Chao because mating Chao works like it did on the Dreamcast, which means traits no longer cross like they did on the Gamecube and PC.

Theories
Many theories exist as to why Shiny Jewel Chao have such interesting results. Some believe that it was an unexpected glitch while others believe SEGA had planned it to be exactly as it is. Why it was changed on later versions brings up even more questions and more theories. No exact answer is known, so it is up to you to decide.

Help
If you are confused about any of the terms used or are having issues with obtaining a specific Chao, you can message me, Crazo3077, though you should get the information you want by browsing Chao Island. No question is a dumb question.

Topic History
The oldest known Chao Island research toward understanding Shiny Jewel Chao can originate from a user named hammy_ham_ham. Her research later inspired me, Crazo3077, to search even deeper for more information. The older version of the topic can be found in the spoiler bellow.
Spoiler:
NEWS!: We now have a complete video guide that explains all of the Translucent and Invisible Chao in their proper name, Shiny Jewel Chao!

This is Chao Island's official page for Translucent Chao and Invisible Chao. Because Mooncow is always working on new things, he doesn't have time to put EVERYTHING on Chao Island's main site. Thus, we have sticky topics in places such as the Chao Recipes board to help explain some things that will eventually be on the main site, but have yet to be put there.

You're probably wondering what a Translucent Chao or an Invisible Chao is. Other than that their names speak for themselves, they aren't that hard to follow.

Translucent Chao: These Chao are Chao that you can see a basic shape for, but also see through. Like how you can see through a colored window. You know it is there, but you can still see through it. It is the same for their eye lids. The only parts that aren't like that are their eyes and their wings. No matter what someone tells you, all Translucent Chao are Shiny. It looks like the Shiny Cover that goes over the Plain Color doesn't have a color under it. Why it happens isn't well known, but the theory seems accepted. People enjoy these Chao because they are very fun looking and not too hard to get.

From most of the research we have done, there are two kinds of Translucent Chao. Highly Translucent Chao and Low Translucent Chao. The difference is that the Highly Translucent Chao are REALLY faded. You can hardly see their body compared to the others. The Low Translucent Chao are much more solid and it is harder to see through them. From a distance you could easily mistake them for Shiny Chao.

Translucent Chao are also known as Ghost, Foggy, Water, and Crystal.

Invisible Chao: Unlike any other Chao, this Chao is completely see through. You can't even see the shape of the body. The only thing you will see is a floating set of eyes and wings. There isn't much to say about these Chao that isn't theories. The theory is that this Chao was meant to be a Mono-Tone Chao but it doesn't have a color in it or it has too many different clashing colors. There isn't a real reason why this happens, and few people care why. It is also fun to give these Chao items on their head and giving the Chao a Bat. The Bat will take away the wings, and giving the Chao headgear will make it look like a lone floating object. It is very entertaining.

Invisible Chao are also known as Transparent, Clear, and some other names.

You're probably wondering how to get these Chao. Well, I have a chart to explain it.

Shiny Pink+Jewel=Shiny Two-Tone White with Green Tint (aka "Mint" Chao)
Shiny Red+Jewel=Low Translucent Two-Tone Green
Shiny Orange+Jewel=Low Translucent Two-Tone Yellow
Shiny Yellow+Jewel=Invisible
Shiny Lime Green+Jewel=Invisible
Shiny Green+Jewel=High Translucent Two-Tone Yellow
Shiny Sky Blue+Jewel=High Translucent Two-Tone White with Yellow Tint
Shiny Blue+Jewel=Low Translucent Two-Tone White with Blue Tint
Shiny Purple+Jewel=Low Translucent Two-Tone Sky Blue
Shiny Brown+Jewel=Shiny Two-Tone White

Shiny White+Jewel=High Translucent Two-Tone White with Green Tint (aka Translucent "Mint" Chao)
Shiny Grey+Jewel=Invisible
Shiny Black+Jewel=High Translucent Two-Tone White

Shiny Normal+Jewel=Shiny Normal

Let me explain the chat a bit. When you breed a Shiny Chao with a Jewel Chao, you will get these results. The Shiny Chao should be bought from the Black Market so they're pure and don't have other breeds mixed in. It does not matter what Jewel Chao you use, because they will all react the same. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you don't know what a Shiny Chao is, you haven't been in the Chao Garden much at all or don't have enough emblems. Jewel Chao are like Silver Chao and Gold Chao. You can find those two free on Sonic Adventure(DX). You can find those and other Jewel Chao on a Tiny Chao Garden on the Gameboy Advance Games Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2, and Sonic Pinball Party. For help with transferring one of these eggs from your Gameboy Advance to your Gamecube, click here.

Other Involved Chao:

Two-Tone White with a Green Tint: This Chao is the strangest of all the Chao there are. For a while, it was only known by nicknames, most commonly known as the "Mint" Chao. A topic about it can be found here.

High Translucent Chao with Tints: If you don't understand, don't feel bad. It is kind of weird. An error or something has made a lot of Highly Translucent Two-Tone White Chao have a miscoloring. To be specific, there is a Blue, Green, and Yellow Tint. Each one just makes the Chao look slightly more that color than before. Not much else can be said about it. They are a bit fun because of the fact they are so strange. They also have the longest names compared to any other Chao.

Shiny Brown resulting in Shiny Two-Tone White: This result is just plain funny. It is completely random and is the only result that isn't a Chao that you can't already get. This can also throw someone off because if you breed it with a Normal Chao you could get a Two-Tone Brown Chao or a Jewel Chao and someone would freak out to see that happen. You also want to remember this when watching any videos of Chao breeding and resulting in this.

If you have anything you want to ask, post it here.
Notes
When referring to a Light Green Chao it means Lime Green on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
When referring to a Aqua Chao it means Sky Blue on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
The term Transparent was chosen because of how the Chao's body works. The definition of Translucent doesn't apply to these Chao.
Last edited by Crazo3077 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Re: Translucent and Invisible Chao (Updated and Unlocked!)

Post by Crazo3077 »

I've updated this to 100% Finished information and unlocked it so people may ask questions.
tailsfan4ever
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by tailsfan4ever »

i have one question about making a chaos chao,lets say my chao had animal parts on it,and the chao is about to reincarnate for the second time and the chao that just reincarnated came out with the animal parts still on.the animal parts were a seals am i supposed to not give it a seal or give it a seal and all 21 animals?
Check out meh sprite topic!Image<-----click da chao for my sprite topic!
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Wrong place to ask that. Go ask that somewhere else.
sonek
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by sonek »

how much emblems do i need for the shiny sky blue egg or shiny yellow?
and is all eggs from tiny chao garden is a jewel chao ?
Basshunter LOL <(^^,)> kicks n'asses
RACS*
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by RACS* »

sonek wrote:how much emblems do i need for the shiny sky blue egg or shiny yellow?
and is all eggs from tiny chao garden is a jewel chao ?
every egg but the free one is a jewel chao. And for the skyblue one, can't help you with that, I heard that if you have lime green chao in the market, you can't get a skyblue chao on that same chao data, but that'd just a rumour, I'm at 117 emblems and I saw a lime green chao, I'll get more emblems on sonics missions and rouges missions and if I see a sky blue chao, I'll tell you here. Oh, and I'll tell u when I start seeing shiny lime green chao because that's the same as skyblue, so yeah.
sonek
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by sonek »

i was lucky i don't remember how but my game was deleted i had alot of emblems and i could buy the shiny sky blue and many more
but i needed to start to get my emblems back and when i saw that i had a Shiny sky blue chao in my evil garden i picked it up and i drop with my other favorite
so now i just got my 2 egg i wanted but i only need the shiny yellow but how do i know when i can give hearth nuts? so the can make the egg because i gived them 4 time the 2 of them and nothing happen they just start running after me so i can pet them
do they need to be 2 year old or something? or i need to wait till one make its flowers naturaly?

nm guys i just got my High Translucent Two-Tone White with Yellow Tint :wink:
thanks for this Topic this chao is awsome ill still try to get the shiny lime green or the shiny yellow one
thanks again Crazo3077
Basshunter LOL <(^^,)> kicks n'asses
ChaoChampion
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by ChaoChampion »

i bred my translucent green with a purple and blue two tone and got a clear chao.
krazykikikat
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by krazykikikat »

Okay I know this topic is really old but I do have an interesting question:

How does a translucent chao react to breeding? I once got a lime green translucent by accident, and that was really cool. But if I'm going to get a really cool-looking chao, I'd like it to have really good stats, too. And unless I get REALLY lucky with the shiny and jewel eggs, I'm not going to get a perfect translucent chao the first time. So what happens if you breed a translucent chao? Is there a chance that the offspring will be translucent, too? Does the color of the other chao matter?
Just trying to figure out how I would combine the long, complicated process of breeding and reincarnating for perfect stats with creating a special-colored chao. I'm actually wondering this for other things, such as two-toned, as well.
Image <--- Hottest echidna evar.
Master Chao
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Master Chao »

Translucents breed like jewel chao do. If you breed a translucent with any other chao, it will have a chance of being the same color as the translucent parent. However it will never be a different color and be translucent, because translucency isn't a mixable trait. Make sense?
Went back to my original avatar.
I'm back?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Another way that I have been looking at Translucent and Invisible Chao is as Shiny Jewel Chao. They react just like Jewel Chao but are all Shiny. So we could easily add Shiny Jewel Chao to the charts, thus meaning there are Mono-Tone Chao, Two-Tone Chao, Jewel Chao, Shiny Mono-Tone Chao, Shiny Two-Tone Chao, and Shiny Jewel Chao. Quite simple.
krazykikikat
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by krazykikikat »

Master Chao wrote:Translucents breed like jewel chao do. If you breed a translucent with any other chao, it will have a chance of being the same color as the translucent parent. However it will never be a different color and be translucent, because translucency isn't a mixable trait. Make sense?
I see, that does make sense. Wait, let me just make sure I understand. The offspring of a translucent chao has a chance of being a translucent chao of the same color, or a monotone of the same color?

Hmmm. So if I want an all-S grade translucent... Gah, there's so many ways to go about it. I suppose I could make half the chaos I breed Jewel, and half Shiny, until I find an almost-perfect of each... but that would be a lot of rings. And as it is, I've already started breeding my perfect stats with Normal chao that I brought over from Sonic Advance. I suppose I could just take the final result of the breeding chain I've started, and breed it with a chao I've already made translucent, and hope for the best...
Image <--- Hottest echidna evar.
Master Chao
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Master Chao »

^ Yeah, you've got it right, krazykikikat. And as for breeding for an all S chao, I just raise my chao into all S. I know my way takes longer, but I don't mind it. I just like to care for my chao. ^_^;
Went back to my original avatar.
I'm back?
Master13
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Master13 »

Wow, are all those above that you listed the possible combinations or there's more to come?
"Life is like a dream, you never know when it ends"
the sprite by MTT Thx man!
And Banner by Kosen Thanx a lot!
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Those are all there are. There is no way to get any others unless you hack.
Master13
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Master13 »

Wow, but how can you get more if you hack? If all of the possible combinations are there, what's left???
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

There are quite a few that could be done, but it requires coding. There is no way to breed for them.
Master13
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Master13 »

Ohh, did it take you a while to come up with all of these combinations or no?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Quite very long. Lots of hours of research and double checking.
Master13
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Master13 »

Wow, I understand how you are a Mod, you are really devoted. I hope I can get that rank someday...
CHAOKEEPER
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by CHAOKEEPER »

I have two of these twotone white chao with the green tint I mated my gold Jewel chao with a white shiny. I did not know they where so rare :chaohappy: :darkhappy:
" I Am a Chao Expert and I come in peace" Feel free to PM me on anything about chao I will be more then happy to help you!
http://dragcave.net/user/ZORAGON <<< See My Dragons
ChaosEnd12
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by ChaosEnd12 »

Crazo, you really know what you're talking about. I wish I knew that much about raising chao.
Chaos own. End of Story.
My Garden (Omega is translucent)
Shadic222
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Shadic222 »

tailsfan4ever wrote:i have one question about making a chaos chao,lets say my chao had animal parts on it,and the chao is about to reincarnate for the second time and the chao that just reincarnated came out with the animal parts still on.the animal parts were a seals am i supposed to not give it a seal or give it a seal and all 21 animals?
Well I can awnser that question.
Awnser: If you have to give it all 21 animals that means all 21 animals(Including the seal)
But I can't help you about when it reincartinated 2 times and it has seals.
But thats all I can help with
:omochao:
Feeling Powerful Yet? Image
explosion
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by explosion »

My friend might be able to answer that question easily. he knows a lot about that stuff. his name is Mobius
Awesomeness.....
Image Image Image Image
Image Click us and you will be lucky today!
SuperTailz
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperTailz »

Oh. Cool. Wait...I think he's on this site.