Chao Recent Happenings

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: Chao Recent Happenings

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

My black two toned all s chao dusk is about to become a hero chaos chao :herosurprise:
He has all the unicorn parts and Phoenix wings and feet. I would post a pic but I don't know how :herocry:
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

In the Station Square Garden, I named the two Chao that were originally in the garden Fondant and Toffee, I named the Gold Jewel Chao Aurum, and I named the Chao that I created by using Fusion's Chao Editor in order to take the pictures of the Shiny Jewel Chao Chroma.

Edit: Fondant evolved into a Neutral Run Chao while Toffee evolved into a Neutral/Fly Chao. Aurum hasn't evolved yet, but I'm planning for it to evolve into a Neutral/Normal Chao. Here is a picture of the four Chao in the Station Square garden.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc ... B11E99F20/
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

Alas, I've almost totally lost interest in my Chao Worlds. :chaocry: I'm considering doing a complete reboot of the series, but I don't know... I'm exploring options at this point.
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

My Chao in the Starlight Lobby in Chao World Extended have unlocked the Jewel, Challenge, Hero, and Dark Races. I guess that it's time to increase their stats.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

A brand new memory card received! That means a BRAND NEW CHAO WORLD! Maybe this time, I'll get a Sky Blue chao :herosway:
I tranferred quite a few of my chao over from the other worlds. Mainly because those memory cards were about to die, and I didn't wanna lose my precious chao :chaohappy:
I'm still getting it all together, ready for one big transfer to bring all of my babies to their new world, with fresh memory to last another 8 years! :darkhappy:
I've had to do all the races and karate all over again, which has been a struggle. But Bubbles is a shining star, winning about 75% of them all now.

I bought SADX for PC about 2-3 years ago, and finally found it while cleaning my room. Decided to try Fusion's chao editor, and it was a lot of fun. I had 6 pearly eggs which hatched all sorts of crazy chao! I've never hacked before, so I was amazed at all the things I could do.

That about wraps it up for now! I'm still recovering from major surgery, so CI and SA2B/DX have been keeping me well entertained from my bed. I sure do hope to recover soon :chaocry:
Image It's still thinking...
MeganAKTyler
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Oi, you! Yes, you! With the face! Yes! Hello!

Post by MeganAKTyler »

I recently was able to reconnect my Gamecube and officially be able to play SA2B without relying on others or being interrupted.
So what happens when I visit the hero garden containing my oldest known and most loved chao(s)? Two Reincarnate!
The first was my shiny sky blue SASSS chao (The first bought chao I ever had) who reincarnated within five minutes of me being there, the second one of my two gold chao (first jewel I ever owned) who's stats I cant remember from the top of my head.

Best welcome-back gift ever.
Dragons!
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

My Dark monotone black Chaos Chao with a 99 in everything except stamina somehow was in a crawling pose not moving and floating up a hill, then got up normally. Wut. :darkno: :darkwalkback:
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
MeganAKTyler
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Oi, you! Yes, you! With the face! Yes! Hello!

Post by MeganAKTyler »

Fedorabrella, that sounds like the seal/penguin (I forget which) mannerism. They'll just slide on there bellies for a moment and then sit up/move along like nothing happened. Nothing unusual! :heroblink:
Dragons!
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Oh, Ok! :chaohappy:
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: An adventure is no fun if it is too easy!

Post by noahthehedgehog »

hey there,
I just read some FAQ online to get into the Chao topic again because I wasn't into it for a while. So I read about some recipes and in the section of character Chao the author said that the official Knuckles and Amy Chao where available in Japan at an event or so. Now, would it be possible to convince Sega in some way to bring them to Europe and US, what do you think? I ask because I got the Tails Chao from PSO lately and would love to get the other character Chao officially and legally. Now I wonder if there would be some way to get them.
I downloadet SA2 on my XBox 360 and I am thinking of doing the 180 emblems challenge again on it. On GCN, I almost achieved everything that is possible the legal way.
Therefore, I just feed my Chao on 360 to win the races and karate and am not breeding for special purposes.
Besides, there is not that much to tell about my Chao :no: but I try to get into it again!
the servers are the seven chaos. chaos is power. power is enriched by the heart. the controller is the one that unifies the chaos.
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

My chao Latios and Latias became Swim chao! I'm gonna make them Nuetral/Swim/Runs!
:chaohappy:
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

Ivogoji wrote:^A chao made out of Hama beads sounds cool, love to see it.
Sorry it took so long - but I've got a photo of it now!

CatTreats
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by CatTreats »

FrankT wrote:
Ivogoji wrote:^A chao made out of Hama beads sounds cool, love to see it.
Sorry it took so long - but I've got a photo of it now!

I love it! :D Great job! I used to make those things when I was younger ... and I bought a few Pokemon ones at this nerd/geek warehouse place recently.
Echo2VX
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Echo2VX »

I tried using a PS3 garden for the first time. The controls bugged the heck out of me, and it was filled with glitches already.
I left the game on over night after caring for all the chao, getting their happiness as high as I could, and working on their stats...I woke up to find that every chao in the garden was stuck crawling/walking against the name machine. The moment I moved them away, they all died. The End :herocry:
Back to Gamecube I go!!
Together, we can stop chao abuse! :herocry:
IshiftChao
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: You're unique, I'm just more unique

Post by IshiftChao »

My two Chao just mated ^^
Now I have a Bright Chao :chaohappy:
IshiftChao
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

My mint chao named Mint reincarnated, and evolved into a hero chao (I wanted him to be neutral, and accidentally saved instead of resetting... :chaocry:). On his next life, I'm making him a chaos chao.
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Post by Jack the Person »

My Chao drew a picture of a cake and imminently after drew a picture of Tails on top of it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =520933002 It's difficult to insert pictures.
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

Disaster has struck. The hard drive I stored SA2B on failed. Fortunately I was able to save the program folder and everything inside, but this puts a spanner in restoring my pictorials - a lot of my images are now missing! Fortunately I got Imageshack to bring back most of the pictures so I could transfer them over to imgur, but they could only go so far. Anyway the process is going slowly. It takes half an hour to transfer one pictorial to imgur. I'm not kidding.

As for my Chao.... well... it's an inevitability that they'll make a comeback one day. Who knows when, though?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

So today I left the game on for an hour to make my Chao age faster. My oldest Chao GBA reincarnatd and at some point two of them mated and I got a newborn (Saul). Not sure want I want to do with the extra since its birth was not anticipated. Earlier today I had a Chao (Brand) evolve into a Dark/Run Chao. I've actually spent very little time with this Chao, so I'm surprised it evolved so soon. I've been trying to get another Chao to evolve into a Neutral/Run/Swim Chao but it hasn't reached first evolution yet. I could swear I spent more time in that one's garden though...

I'm thinking of breeding my Shiny Sky Blue Chao (Lazuli) and my Turquoise Jewel Chao to make a Shiny Jewel Chao. I've always wanted one but never got around to it.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Chapon93
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Chapon93 »

I had 2 chao on the PS3 version of SA2 that were going to transform soon as I'm trying to get all 3 Chaos Chao by keeping 3 Chao in the same garden.

I freaked out because the chao kept shaking it's head when entering the cocoon so I thought that meant it was going to die. :chaocry:

I kept leaving the garden until I could get to it and kept petting it but it kept doing so. When I let it finish the cocoon was pink despite it shaking it's head and the egg came out normal. :no:

While I'm relieved they're okay, I'm not sure why this happened as I never abused my chao at all. :thinking:
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

Welcome to the laboratory of John Paul Gassey.

You'll witness before you a phenomenon like no other: a Childish Happiness Adoration Organism - CHAO. This legendary creature will impart on you, the reader, a sense of comfort and joy whatever they do. We'll begin right here in Gassey's laboratory. Where is this laboratory? What awaits you within? You know what Chao is and how it evolves, but how it affects this family is something you must find out for yourself - there is a helping of documentation to help us on the way. My name is FrankT, and I will be your guide.

Well... this is our first day with the Chao World kit. Our first step will involve preparing the garden for the Chao's arrival.
Spoiler:
First of all, we take six coloured eggs from the storage matrix, and place them in the garden.

One by one, they begin to hatch. The green and blue ones are first to hatch; we'll call the green one Lewa, after the Toa of Air.

And the blue one Gali, after the Toa of Water.

The black egg is next; we'll call him Onua, after the Toa of Earth.

The brown one follows soon after; we'll call him Pohatu, after the Toa of Stone.

And finally, the red and white eggs hatch within a few seconds of each other. The red one is called Tahu, after the Toa of Fire...

...and the white one Kopaka, after the Toa of Ice.

Our six subjects.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Now that they're hatched, their namesakes play a very important role in the Chao's development.
Spoiler:
Four of the Chao get Chaos Drives. Gali is a swimmer, thus the colour yellow.

Lewa is a flyer, thus the colour purple.

Pohatu is a runner, thus the colour green.

Onua is a powerer, thus the colour red.

Tahu and Kopaka get Chao fruits for an all-round effect.
ImageImage

...if they could be bothered to eat them, that is. They didn't.
These Chao are born with behaviours related in some way to their powers, too.
Spoiler:
Onua is seen beating his chest.

Tahu is seen sort of buckling his feet
ImageImage

Lewa sings a little bit, and Gali sits down and applauds him.
ImageImage

And Pohatu demonstrates his ability to bound forward at an incredible speed.
Eventually, they tire and start to settle down to sleep.

Next time, a different character is brought along to influence them, and they start school.
dustyoni
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: ayylmao

Post by dustyoni »

After a few months hiatus I just got back into Chao raising!
I'm still a bit frazzled with dividing attention over 3 gamecube cards.
(I have a habit of not sending anyone away, I feel too bad to do it even though I'm an adult now)...
Tonight wasn't too eventful, other than hatching my third transparent.
But now I'll have one of each Chaos evolution alignment when they're all 'done'.
And I went back and renamed some of my others to more fitting names!
:herocool:
:darkblink: :blink: :heroblink:
party time
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

First, let us have an introduction to my Chao:

(WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY)
Spoiler:
Greyti and Power have mated!

Let's hatch this egg open...

And here is Greyti and Power's child, Dust!

(Hopefully I will get back to playing on my Wii and putting SA2B in to give some more exciting news than this, but this was sort of just to say I've come back to take care of my little colourful critters.)
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

I obtained my 9th Chaos Chao today, and my first one on the Dreamcast (his name is Axl)! Currently I have him in Chao Adventure 2, and he's working on a recipe to make Knuckles feel better.
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

It is good to be back again... three weeks have passed since I last visited the laboratory. At the moment the habitat contains 6 Child Chao. They appear to be very hungry. So let us head over to the garden...
Spoiler:
Four Chao were selected to train for spin dancing. The other two stayed behind for Chaos Drive invocation.

Gali passed level 5 in her Swim stats, which means she can now stay in the water without drowning.

There she is, awesome.

When the others returned, they ate.

Later, Tahu and Lewa actively practised their learnings.
Spoiler:
Possibly as a result of falling into the pond once too many, Pohatu came down with a cold. He had to be treated for it.

Presently the Drive program enabled him to be the first to walk on two feet.

His Stats card show his Run ability at less than 100 points. I'm guessing they need about 50 or 60 to start walking?
Spoiler:
Meanwhile, Onua passed level 5 in Power. Both he and Gali, as a result of being trained with Rouge, are inclined toward the Dark side.

Then they start holding conversations with each other! It is quite amazing!
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Not long after, Lewa also takes his first stumbling steps.

At one point, he makes this sort of begging motion, I'm not sure what it is.

Unfortunately he wound up with the hiccoughs, and needed treatment.

Then Pohatu came down again with a stomachache and had to be treated for that!

Spoiler:
Pohatu made the same sort of begging motion thing Lewa did. I'm not sure what it indicates, but... it's cute.

Aw, who can say no to that face?

Adorable lil' buggers. :sway:
Next, we'll try some racing, see if any of them can win anything in their present condition.