Which game has the best Chao Garden: SADX or SA2B?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 1 day old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Which game has the best Chao Garden?

Sonic Adventure DX
18%
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
82%

Total votes: 17

somethingsomething
Egg
Egg

Which game has the best Chao Garden: SADX or SA2B?

Post by somethingsomething »

So I think it's pretty obvious that Sonic Adventure 2 has a better Chao Garden than Sonic Adventure 1. It has many improvements over the first game, and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle even more so. However, Sonic Adventure DX actually came out after SA2B and had some features from SA2B ported to it. It's still missing some stuff from SA2B though, but I'm wondering which game is considered to have the best Chao Garden. I figure that it's still SA2B, but I wanted to see what you guys think since many of you have likely spent hours in your Gardens. Are there any things that the SADX Chao Garden does that's better than in SA2B?
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Re: Which game has the best Chao Garden: SADX or SA2B?

Post by CitrusCat »

I think the SA2B one is better.

I often get frustrated in SADX because my Chao keep ignoring me when I try to pet them. ._.
Like, I'll be petting them but they won't react and will just walk (or crawl) away.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

Citrus_Chao wrote:I often get frustrated in SADX because my Chao keep ignoring me when I try to pet them. ._.
Like, I'll be petting them but they won't react and will just walk (or crawl) away.
Interesting - the same thing would happen to me! :thinking:
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

p much unanimously sa2b
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Hard to say which version of the Chao Engine is "better" due to there being few Major differences in the engine itself and the more subtle ones not being well documented.

That said, here are some of my comments:
I prefer using alignment fruits in SADX to petting in SA2B since it makes it easy to raise all three alignments without having to switch characters.
I like having quick access to the other gardens, Black Market, and name changing that the Station Square garden affords(The Lobby in SA2B looks cool and has coll BGM, but having to cross it every time I want to visit the Market gets annoying, especially when trying to force feed Chao to Level 99 in everything with Chao Fruit).
SA2B has the better races, both in terms of corse design and mechanics.
Its nice that SA2B makes so much more of a Chao's attributes visible to the player(to bad most of it requires going to the Doctor.
Having only 15 animals to track down(plus some of the Gold/black animals being somewhat rare) makes SADX my preferred game for making Chaos Chao.
Mataxia
Egg
Egg

Post by Mataxia »

SA2B definitely has superior mechanics, being able to see your chao's grades via the doctor being the most important in my opinion. And as Jeffery said the races are better (and it has karate). But I've always thought that the gardens themselves are much cooler in SADX. It's a shame that SA2B has such boring gardens, because other than that the chao system is much better in that game.
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Mataxia wrote:SA2B definitely has superior mechanics, being able to see your chao's grades via the doctor being the most important in my opinion. And as Jeffery said the races are better (and it has karate). But I've always thought that the gardens themselves are much cooler in SADX. It's a shame that SA2B has such boring gardens, because other than that the chao system is much better in that game.
I pretty much agree with this. SA2B is more refined, SADX has the better gardens. In this instance, the new features and refinements added in SA2B totally outweighs the gardens, but if they could somehow be mixed that'd be wonderful.
Another thing is that SA2B is way easier to mod as far as the PC version goes. So that's another reason I'd go with the SA2B garden.

Edit: While SADX did get some of the features added, the ones that it missed are really key in making the SA2B gardens better.
ZeroAlpha
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: ⍟ Prince Dignity ⍟

Post by ZeroAlpha »

My favorite garden designs go to SADX, but SA2B was definitely more polished overall. And mentioned above, I do find the chao doctor helpful for checking stats. Chao races are also a little more manageable, although I still like some of the SADX courses. The stat raising glitch is a little more difficult to pull off in the latter though, since usually my chao don't respond when I pet them (+ not sure if Sonic Adventure gardens have a glitch similar to the pillar/grave/fence glitch to keep your chao still while raising stats).
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

The SADX gardens have that nostalgia factor, you know? But SA2B is more functional.
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Raising Chao in SA2B is definitely easier and more enjoyable than in SADX, but I find it difficult to decide which game had better gardens. I'm leaning towards SADX though; it seemed like there was a lot more space, and the fact that the gardens' appearance matched the locations they were found in-game added some charm to them. Plus, it was possible to get around much more quickly thanks to the teleporters and the doors to the races and black market being located right in the Station Square Garden.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
LJ DARKTHUNDER
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.

Post by LJ DARKTHUNDER »

I like DX because of the bigger gardens but the bad parts are you cant always keep a eye on your chao and 2Battle has smaller gardens but u will be able to see your chao. I think its better to raise chao in DX then in 2Battle.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

evry garden hawe their pluses and minuses I would better put evry 6 gardens in 1 game :thinking:
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Stelly
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Stelly »

Like many others here, I prefer the designs of the SADX gardens over those of SA2B (as much as I like how there's one for every alignment). I like how the animals cut out the need for a middleman (Chao Kindergarten) too.

Overall, though, I like SA2B's better. The mechanics were more polished, the races better, the variety of animals bigger, and there were chaos drives. :herosway:
Drinking_Water
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: this is my Motto.

Post by Drinking_Water »

I like the Chao Gardens from DX over 2B. But 2B's Chao System is better.

The real question: DX Gardens or 2B Gardens or TCG?
I click every Dragon/Leetle I see! :)