Hero chao always get the short end of the stick

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Hero chao always get the short end of the stick

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

Normal chao have their extreme looking types and diversity

Dark chao have their personality and spunk. their mix of bright and dark really makes their colors pop

Hero chao are just boreing. They are the only chao who have the same base color for each type. Their designs hardly vary. only having a different stringy coming out of there head. Their faces are completely flat. They are generally the fatest looking.Their eyes are cold and emotionless. They have no personality. I don't hate hero chao. They are just dissapionting.
Last edited by The_Awesome_Chao on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Re: Hero chao always get the short end of the stick

Post by Chao Professor »

In my opinion, the fattest chao are the neutral swims and powers. But I'll always love heroes. They're very gentle and happy, and when given the right animals and influence, they look beautiful. Like for example, all the chao in SA2's Dark Race, flying angels level. Plus, you can have any colour with breeding and the Black Market. Hero Running types look so cute and sporty, Hero swims look really shy but lovely, Hero powers look like they wanna knock a dark chao out, and Hero fly types look a little strange, but with the help of gradual evolution... wow...... and the plaine normal heroes are just so cute :herosway:

But I respect your opinion, and I do agree that if they had a bit more colour to them, they might be more appealing :heroblink:
Image It's still thinking...
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Chao Professor wrote:In my opinion, the fattest chao are the neutral swims and powers. But I'll always love heroes. They're very gentle and happy, and when given the right animals and influence, they look beautiful. Like for example, all the chao in SA2's Dark Race, flying angels level. Plus, you can have any colour with breeding and the Black Market. Hero Running types look so cute and sporty, Hero swims look really shy but lovely, Hero powers look like they wanna knock a dark chao out, and Hero fly types look a little strange, but with the help of gradual evolution... wow...... and the plaine normal heroes are just so cute :herosway:

But I respect your opinion, and I do agree that if they had a bit more colour to them, they might be more appealing :heroblink:
When I mean "fat" I don't just mean big. But the deal is the fatest looking chao to me are hero powers, and normals. I think the art work tends to capture the her chao better the. The in game models :herosway: plus hero chao got completely screwed over in the hd ports
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

It sounds more like you're disappointed in the lack of diversity Hero Chao experience, which I don't entirely agree with. I'd argue that Hero Chao are just difficult to appreciate, since their body does not take on as many changes as the other alignments. Though when it comes to reception, Hero Chao preform as well as Dark Chao, according to our own forum's poll.

I will note that Dark Chao definitely look more like corrupted versions of the Neutral Chao, when comparing alignment examples, where as the Hero Chao only vaguely look like their Neutral counterparts. My current theory is that Chao heads, or at least the Hero and Dark heads, relate to the study of phrenology, at least to some extent.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

No I just don't like there designs and really don't see why I would make a hero Chao over neural or dark.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Hero Chao are beautiful. I have, like, way more Hero Chao than Dark Chao. Between purchasing colorful eggs and breeding Chao, I find they can be just as diverse and appealing as the other alignments. One of my favorites is a Shiny Sky Blue Hero/Swim Chao. Hero/Swim Chao and Hero/Fly Chao have lovely designs.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

My problem with them is they don't seem to have any advantage over neutral and dark chao. Neutral Chao have the best looking eyes and the most diversity and are the strongest looking. Dark chao have personality and the only alinement with specific behaviors plus the light and dark really brings out there color. Hero chao have cold emotionless eyes and ten to look the weakest that's about it.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

They look beautiful and elegant. That's their advantage.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Ivogoji wrote:They look beautiful and elegant. That's their advantage.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I'll admit to not being particularly fond of how normal colored hero chao are predominantly white with minor highlights, though I'm not particularly fond of how most dark chao are predominantly black. Neutral chao are far more interesting in how each type as a distinct coloring. Would've been nice if only Hero/None and Dark/None had white/black as their primary color with other Heros being done up in a pastel rainbow, and Dark chao having dark shades with black reserved for highlights.

As for personality/behavior/etc. I'd say the Chao in general could do with a major upgrade to their behavior routines.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:I'll admit to not being particularly fond of how normal colored hero chao are predominantly white with minor highlights, though I'm not particularly fond of how most dark chao are predominantly black. Neutral chao are far more interesting in how each type as a distinct coloring. Would've been nice if only Hero/None and Dark/None had white/black as their primary color with other Heros being done up in a pastel rainbow, and Dark chao having dark shades with black reserved for highlights.

As for personality/behavior/etc. I'd say the Chao in general could do with a major upgrade to their behavior routines.
Actually dark chao are not black a newly evolved normal dark chao is actually dark red and a fly type is dark purple
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

Compared to Neutral and Dark Chao, the Hero Chao's highlights can change color. This means that all two-tone Hero Chao can change color even though the base color doesn't change, which makes them unique in a way. Also, Dark Chao's highlights change the coloration of most parts of their bodies.
chaounderworld
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by chaounderworld »

I always liked how the Hero Swims colors looked, and all swim second-evolutions have really cute headshapes, but other than that, meh. At least two-tones and animal parts can make the Hero Chao you raise a little more varied.
I like how their eyes look, but I end up making them with closed eyes or half closed (since they glitch and look like neutral chao eyes, haha)
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Post by Jack the Person »

To be honest, I usually only ever have one Dark Chao and unless it's a Run or Fly Dark Chao (because they look cool) to unlock torture town the dark garden, it usually ends up being neglected. They scare me. If they had Neutral Chao eyes I'd be okay with them.
I also inexplicably don't like Neutral/Swim either, maybe it's because it's size threatens me... Maybe?
Hero Chao on the other hand, I love. Hero/Fly has to be my favourite evolution, after I gave them Pheonix wings. I'd still love them more if they had normal eyes.

In fact, as I'm speaking typing, I'm about to evolve two Normal Chao into a Hero/Fly and a Dark/Run.

My favourite is a Baby Two-Tone Neutral Normal, if petting them didn't change their appearance and they didn't change green after evolution, I'd have 25 of them, screw the limits and being a sane person.

I actually think Hero Chao aren't shown enough love while Dark Chao get all of it. ALL OF IT.
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

While I love the dark chao with a passion, I also love the hero chao.

The whole white+other color as highlights thing is awesome and it makes the chao look so pretty.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

It is not even the colors that make hero chao boring. It is the shapes. They tend to have flat faces, larger middles compared to the rest of their body, pointed at the back of the head... The main thing is unlike Neatral and dark chao. The only thing that really changes shape when hero chao evolve is the spaghetti on top of their head. Which looks bad anyways.

They are by far the easiest to obtain. So much so when I first started I thought hero was the ONLY evolution. The nuetral chao have the most pronounced evolution and can participate in both hero and dark races. Dark chao have unique behaviors and faces. Hero chao have nothing whatsoever. Just stringy heads and fat torsos.....

Oh and by the way the textures on hero run and hero power chao are now glitched on the Hd versions and look terrible now. So there is that......
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

1. The Hero Chao have larger torsos?

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

2. How are Hero Chao easier to obtain? They're literally equally difficult to get. Just use Shadow, Eggman, or Rouge, instead of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. (Or get Dark Fruits instead of Hero Fruits in SADX.)

3. I don't think Dark Chao can bow to the player's character in the Garden. I'm pretty sure that's Hero and Neutral Chao exclusive.

If I remember correctly: Hero Chao can bow to the player. Dark Chao give a thumbs up. Neutral Chao do both.

Anyways, I'm less picky about which alignment I like or not. It's more specific Chao I don't like as much, like the Dark/Power. Personally, I like the stringy Hero heads, but that's just me.
Of course, If you want bland (Of which, I like them for.) Neutral/Normal has you covered.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.