It Takes a Village to Raise a Chao

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

It Takes a Village to Raise a Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

(Or a forum, in this case.)

Hello, guys! I was beginning to get back into Chao again lately, and I was thinking that maybe we could make it a sort of... Group effort? I mean, yes, I'll be doing the actual Chao raising, but I'd give frequent updates on my progress, and you guys can suggest things I can do. Here are some examples:

-Chao name suggestions! I'd give a description of any new Chao I'd get, and you guys can come up with name ideas! Just make sure they fit in the 7-character limit, and no inappropriate names of course. Or, you can just tell me to take whatever name the Fortune Teller gives me first.

-Evolution suggestions! Similar to the above, but instead suggest what type I should try to evolve the Chao into. First and Second Evolution suggestions are accepted.

-Black Market purchases! Want me to buy a new Chao Egg of a specific color? Want me to buy a hat? A Heart Fruit? A seed? Feel free to suggest that, too! If I don't have enough Rings right away, though, don't be too disappointed.

-Kindergarten! Of course, we have no control over the current lesson, but you can suggest for me to bring any Chao to class.

-Characters! Want me to raise certain Chao as a specific character? Go ahead and suggest that.

-Races and Karate...? This one is slightly iffy, since I already have almost all of the Emblems for these anyway. But, if you still want me to enter a Chao in a Race or Karate, go ahead and tell me. Just keep in mind that I might not actually do it unless the Chao in question has the proper stats.

-Specific Chao interactions! Want me to spoil a specific Chao? Want me to neglect another one for some reason? Want me to completely beat one of the Chao senseless? You monster! But, nothing's stopping you from suggesting this.

Unfortunately, I don't have any way to take good screenshots of my progress, but like I said before, I will try to give written updates as often as I can, if this takes off. (I do have school, but if I have free time/it's the weekend, things should work out.) Also, keep in mind that I still have the right to reject suggestions (and I might also do a few things on my own, depending on the number of suggestions I get), but I will probably accept most of them.

So, let's begin...

Entry 1:

Our Chao data has just been created. I chose to enter as Tails for now, but that can and will change soon, since we will need to use Dark characters as well. But anyway... Let's step into the Chao Garden and hatch our first 2 Eggs!

I'm a bit eager to get this started, so I throw both of the Eggs at the walls to hatch them. Anyway, it's time to meet our first Chao!

...And they both look exactly the same. Of course, they are both Two-tone Normals, but they even have the same face: Normal Eyes, No Mouth.

Let's see what the Chao Doctor has to say...

Our first Chao is a Cry Baby, who likes Round Fruit.
Stats: C/B/C/B/C

Our second Chao is a Big Eater, who likes Square Fruit.
Stats: C/D/B/C/C

Now, you guys get to suggest names! Also, you can suggest potential evolutionary goals. However, keep in mind that one will have to be Hero, and the other Dark, so that we can unlock the remaining Gardens more efficiently. Don't worry, though, you will be able to choose the alignments of any other Chao we get later on.

Also, the Eggshells are still in the Garden. I'll most likely sell them, but let me know if I should keep them to use as Chao hats.

Anyway, I hope this will be a somewhat fun thing we can do to bring a little activity to CI...

EDIT: Also, this is SA2B's Chao Garden, in case you couldn't already tell. I feel it'd be a bit easier that way.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Re: It Takes a Village to Raise a Chao

Post by Snowy »

I has idea. The Cry baby chao should wear it's shell as a hat and should become a dark/run/run. I wanna see what the fortune teller suggests as a name first and they I'll see what I got for a name.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

^
OK. I might not give him the Eggshell hat until after Evolution, though. As for the name... The Fortune Teller first suggested... Elvis. Oh god plz no. I really hope you can come up with something better. e.e
What is my life anymore?
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Yay! Also, um Elvis sucks so... Hm. I'm really tired right now so maybe try asking for a new one and if you don't like i'll probably come up with something by tomorrow
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: START DA BUS!

Post by JHock115 »

The Big Eater chao should become a Neutral/Swim/Power and have a food related name.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

^
I had a feeling I'd get a suggestion like this for the Big Eater. But, this Chao needs to be a Hero Chao, so that we can unlock the Hero Garden sooner.
What is my life anymore?
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by JHock115 »

^ How about a hero/Run then? They look like they never eat!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

^
Alright! That works! Should I still give it a food name of some sort?
What is my life anymore?
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by JHock115 »

Hmm. A food name would be funny xD
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Call Chao #2 Dinner Lettuce. The Hero/Run Chao's heads look kinda like some sort of leafy green.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

JHock115 wrote:The Big Eater chao should become a Neutral/Swim/Power and have a food related name.
I see we chose a different path for the big eater, but Hero/Swim/Power is nearly as fitting as Neutral/Swim/Power.

Anyway, I propose the purchase of a Sky Blue, Purple, or Blue chao. Or shiny of any of those.
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by JHock115 »

Oh! I didn't even think about the hero/swim/power! That could work too. It also lets you get the hero garden so thats a plus.
Last edited by Mamkute on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the above post. Since your post is directly following, it is assumed to be a direct reply.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Sorry I'm late! I wanted to post this earlier, but I ended up having to go to bed before I could do so. And then I had to go to school today. But, it's nice to see I got some more suggestions in the meantime! That always helps, since then I can provide more interesting content in an entry.

Entry 2:

This time, I enter the Chao Garden as Shadow. To find the Chao I was looking for, I give one of them a Fruit. It turned out to be the Big Eater (this Chao was eating the fruit rather hungrily), so I go get the other Chao... Who happened to be struggling in the water. Lovely.

I take this little guy to the school to get a name for him.

The first name suggested by the Fortune Teller was "Elvis" (as I told Snowy), but I found that to be... Kind of a bad name for a Chao. So... Time for the 2nd attempt.

"Buzzy"...? No...

3rd time's the charm...? I hope...

"YS"...? OK seriously, what the heck even is that name?! How is it even pronounced?!

4th attempt...

"Kosmo"...? OK, I'll take it! Funnily enough, the Chao data I deleted in order to create this one had a Chao named Kosmo on it. Perhaps he is coming back from the realm of erased data... The realm of nonexistence... Or something like that. Or, you know, it's just a coincidence.

I leave the Chao Garden and return as Tails. I take the currently unnamed Chao to the Fortune Teller, who suggests the name "Buzzy"... Um, didn't you already suggest that earlier? Be more original! Anyway, I name the Chao myself.

L-e-t-t-u-c-e... Lettuce! Just fits the character limit!

Anyway, one final task for now...

I head to the Black Market. However, none of the desired Egg colors were in stock. Well, actually, there was a Shiny Blue Egg, but it was too expensive. I had 1,724 Rings, but it costed 5,000. So, I'd have to wait for a while... Darn.

Sorry, Mamkute, but don't worry, I'll check regularly until the proper color (nonshiny, so that I can afford it) appears!

UPDATE: Finally found the (normal, cheaper) Blue Egg! I hatch the Chao.

Normal Eyes, No Mouth.

I take it to the Doctor...

It is Carefree, and likes Triangle Fruit.
Stats: C/D/D/B/C

The fate of this little guy is up to you guys.
What is my life anymore?
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by JHock115 »

A Dark/Run chao named Sonic would be funny. Or maybe a neutral/swim in refernece to the Zorra(Zora? Idk how to spell it)
dewottlover
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Strange, dark, but cute

Post by dewottlover »

eheheheheh... You should try to get a yellow egg and name it Buzzy XD (because... Bees)
It's obvious that the fortune teller wants someone to be named Buzzy
No idea what type it should be, but maybe you can try to give it those weird green antennae things

(Pst... pssssssssst, hey Snowy... Hai... long time no see :P)
NightSmudge!:http://nightsmudge.deviantart.com/

mer... hello peoples

I am the Empress of the Demons, I control the power of the Unnamed Evil within my worlds.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

JHock115 wrote:A Dark/Run chao named Sonic would be funny. Or maybe a neutral/swim in refernece to the Zorra(Zora? Idk how to spell it)
I second this. The Dark/Run chao named Sonic thing' tho. ouo

Also, hey smudgy, long time no see indeed. i'd chat but this isnt the topic/place for that and besides i cant keep conversations going for much anyway
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I'm gonna third that then. Also take care of him with Eggman.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Make the carefree Chao a Neutral-Normal-Fly. Name him Onion, because that is what his head would look like. I mean, non-carefree people would be a bit upset with having a head like an onion, but Onion wouldn't really care because he is carefree.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

A Shadow Chao named Sonic? Alright then... XD
As for the Onion idea, I'm don't recall ever seeing a blue onion. Except in Pikmin. But, I might consider the idea if we ever get another Chao that is similar, because the one we have now is already decided to be Sonic the Shadow Chao. You see, I can't really do a full entry all in one go (I save it as a draft and edit it as I play, and then I post when it is ready), so I actually already named the Chao by the time you posted that. Sorry...

As for the Buzzy the Bee Chao, I'll have to see if my Chao data actually has access to Yellow Eggs in the Black Market... For some reason, Eggs appear in sets of three, with three sets total. One set you basically start off with, the second requires a lot of Emblems (?), and the third will just not appear. It's randomly selected. The Egg set I have so far does not contain the Yellow Egg, so we'll have to see if the second Egg set is the right one (if I can even meet the requirements for it to appear)... If not, I'm afraid I simply can't do it... Let's hope for the best here, but there are no guarantees.

Anyway, the next entry.

Entry 3:

In the stages, I collected as many Green Chaos Drives as I could. I then proceeded to enter the Chao Garden as Tails, and used a particular glitch to reuse the Drives on Lettuce as much as I could. They eventually ran out, though, since I would occasionally get too close and a Drive would be used up.

Now, Lettuce is the first Chao in the Garden who has learned to walk.

I then go get more Drives as Dark Characters such as Shadow and Rouge, and return to the Garden to do the same thing on Kosmo and the soon-to-be-named Sonic. Speaking of, I decided I might as well name him now. So, off to the Fortune Teller once again!

She suggests Chaggy, but that isn't what we want right now. I type in the name "Sonic", and we're good to go!

All three Chao can walk now, and they start to gradually change.

And so, we wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Finally, Kosmo is the first to Evolve. Not surprisingly, he becomes a Dark/Run! After this event, I go get a Skeleton Dog from Pumpkin Hill and return to the Garden to give it to him. I then give him the Eggshell Snowy wanted him to wear. He looks cute. :3

Not too long after, Lettuce Evolves into a Hero/Run.

This means we now have both the Hero and Dark Gardens! Finally!

But now, we should wait for Sonic first. He is close to Evolving, but we still have to be patient, just for a little while longer...

And so, we- oh, he's Evolving right now! Never mind, then.

Sonic is now a Dark/Run.

So... Finally, it's time to hatch the Eggs in the Hero and Dark Gardens.

HERO GARDEN:

Normal Eyes, No Mouth.
It is a Big Eater, and likes Square Fruit.
(That sounds familiar...)
Stats: B/C/D/A/E

DARK GARDEN:

Normal Eyes, No Mouth.
It is... A blank personality? There's nothing there... And it likes Triangle Fruit.
(Hmm...)
Stats: A/E/D/B/C

You guys know what to do. Go crazy.

UPDATE: I got enough Emblems to access the second Egg set, but... It wasn't the one with the Yellow Egg.
-R.I.P. Buzzy the Bee Chao-
You never even got to be born.
What is my life anymore?
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

If you can't get a yellow egg to be Buzzy, what about a normal dark/run/fly? It's black and yellow like a bee, and a flying chao would be fitting.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
dewottlover
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by dewottlover »

^ that could work

Lets see... I kinda want the blank personality chao to be a dark type of some sort
Maybe it's name can be Glitch, since... well... it's a glitch :P

mer... hello peoples

I am the Empress of the Demons, I control the power of the Unnamed Evil within my worlds.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

^
But I don't think it's a glitch. I've had this happen before on previous Chao save files, so I think it's normal. It's just a little odd to me that they included it in the game, since the idea of something having literally no personality just seems silly to me. :P
What is my life anymore?
dewottlover
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by dewottlover »

0D0 I HAZ IDEA
call the no personality chao IceBear instead (since Ice Bear always talks in a monetone voice) and make it a hero/swim with bear animal parts

mer... hello peoples

CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

*Claps*

:D

I like that idea, let's go with that. XD
Hmm... I wonder what the other Chao should be? I mean, yes, there's the new Buzzy idea, but... Dark/Run/Fly doesn't really remind me of a Bee, despite having similar colors. It reminds me more of lightning bolts.

EDIT: Actually, wait, no... The problem is, the Bear Parts are purple. It will look kinda weird.

Hmm...
What is my life anymore?
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

A chao with Dragon, Phoenix, and Unicorn parts might look cool.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!