Why Breeding Chao is better than Buying Eggs

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
MinunTheElectricChao
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Chao did a do.

Why Breeding Chao is better than Buying Eggs

Post by MinunTheElectricChao »

So breeding Chao is better than buying eggs because some of the stats carryover,you can get rare and special chao,and you dont need to use rings.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Why Breeding Chao is better than Buying Eggs

Post by Mamkute »

There are quite a few caveats, namely, breeding chao when you want to does require money, in the form of purchasing heart fruit, and additionally, buying at least a few chao from the Black Market is pretty necessary to get a lot of cool colors. Although I would agree that most of the cool chao to produce do involve breeding on the part of the player.
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

Accidental two-tones are the best reason.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
MinunTheElectricChao
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Chao did a do.

Post by MinunTheElectricChao »

Yeah but its actually easier to wait than losing time waiting to your Chao to reincarnate.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I wouldn't say breeding is inherently superior, because it entirely depends on what you're trying to do.

If you want a Chao that performs well in its skills, yes, breeding is the best route. It is the only route to ensure an All S Chao, without reincarnating the Chao dozens of times. It also makes you connect with the Chao better, and associate them as a family of sorts.

But if you're looking to breed Chao for their breeds, and get specific combinations, buying a Chao is always the better route. Chao you buy have 100% purity, so any breeding combinations will have perfect success rates, unlike if you had to breed for your Chao. For example, if I bred for a Shiny Black Chao using a Shiny White Chao and a Non-Shiny Black Chao, I'd have a 50% chance that this new Chao would give its White Gene, rather than its Black Gene, if I later wanted my Shiny Black Chao to have a Shiny Two-Tone Black Chao offspring. And if I'm trying to avoid doing that, my only option is to find a way to make the Chao more pure, which comes with more risks.

I myself focus on breeding for breeds, so I tend to find Chao I buy more useful. I guess you could say breeding Chao is also more ethical, but you have to buy some Chao if you want some color diversity in your garden to begin with. Its hard to have the same game without buying Chao, unless you wanna play the Sonic Adventure titles on Dreamcast. Can't purchase Chao on them anymore.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
DropkickGiggles
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Always grinding!

Post by DropkickGiggles »

I agree that, on the whole, breeding is superior to buying eggs because of the ability to control more variables at play in terms of stat grades. :herosway:
Life is Water Temple. Image