What we know about Sonic World Chao Garden so far.

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I like making friends :3

What we know about Sonic World Chao Garden so far.

Post by Rinku »

Updated 12/5/2015

While there is a topic on the new Chao Garden in Sonic World, there is still much not known about the mechanics unless you start playing. That is because there are a few things I couldn't find anywhere even though I'm sure most people have figured some of this out. So I have decided to list EVERYTHING or what I think would be helpful about the Chao Garden in Sonic World. Anything you want to add or any mistakes I make let me know. ( will be updating this post )

Important message from Darky if you havn't or arn't going to scroll down -
DarkyBenji wrote:Don't buy the Dumbbell

if you give a dumbbell to a chao THAT don't know how to use toy, your game crash, not only that, you crash everytime you enter chao world so you ruin your save, GG

for unknow reason the ballon toys disapear when you throw them (or chao play with) in chao garden SA2, and don't respawn, so you just waste rings

NEW MECHANIC Chao Skills (or abilities that unlock at a certain level)
- at lvl 2 intellect your chao learns how to play with toys
- at lvl 3 swim your chao learns to actually swim. This stops the drowning message from appearing
- at lvl 4 run your chao learns how to run. Instead of crawling it will have a new animation (it is unknown if the chao will increase in speed when higher lvl or not)
- at lvl 6 fly your chao learns how to fly
- at lvl 8 intellect your chao learns how to wear hats

NEW MECHANIC Farming
The most effective way to train your chao is fruit, but you don't have to buy them, all the time. After every fruit your chao eats there is a chance it will drop a seed. You can then plant it by stomping almost anywhere in the garden. (even bridges and tall stuff)
Theres a limit of XX amount of seeds (im guessing 20 but ill double check and post the exact number soon)

Chao Evolution/Breeding Mechanics
- You cannot hatch a chao manually. It has one evolution in a cocoon and does not gradually evolve. It only ever changes form once after the evolution.
- To my knowledge normal chao that stay normal don't show cacoons and cannot evolve after it was supposed to (unless I just didn't see 3 of my normal chao evolve before they reincarnated)
- I believe only Sonic Tails and Knuckles are for Hero chao and Shadow/Rouge for Dark chao.
- for breeding your chao will randomly go in to mating season and have flowers. It will mostly be immobilized but will be able to walk or eat once in a while (or if you pick it up and set it down), only to follow the flowers coming back. I believe you HAVE to breed the chao before the flowers go away

Race/Karate
- There are 4, straight, SADX themed races and also a difficulty adjuster from 1-5
- both races and karate seem basic but they reward RINGS!
haven't been able to test them all so ill update this section when I complete them all

And now for the Black Market

Chao Eggs
Spoiler:
- Normal (Celeste) - 100 rings
- Blue - 500 rings
- Red - 500 rings
- Yellow - 500 rings
- Azure - 600 rings
- Orange - 600 rings
- Purple - 800 rings
- Green - 800 rings
- Brown - 800 rings
- Pink
- Grey - 1000 rings
- Lime - 1500 rings
- Black
Fruit
Spoiler:
- round - 40 rings
- Cubicle - 80 rings
- Triangular - 80 rings
- Heart - 300 rings
- Orange - 120 rings
- Banana - 120 rings
- Pear - 120 rings
- Grape - 200 rings
- Watermelon - 200 rings
- Lemon - 120 rings
- Mango - 250 rings
- Mandarine - 150 rings
- Coconut - 300 rings
- Peach - 150 rings
- Blackberry - 200 rings
- Pineapple
- Apricot
- Pitaya
- Carambola - 300 rings
- Plum - 120 rings
- Juicy - 400 rings
- Cobalt
- Parsley - 80 rings
- Tomato - 120 rings
- Potato
- Corn - 250 rings
- Pepper - 120 rings
- Lettuce - 100 rings
- Cucumber - 120 rings
- Onion - 150 rings
- Radish
- Bread - 200 rings
- Cheddar
- Pizza - 600 rings
- Burger - 500 rings
- Rice ball - 400 rings
- Cookie - 300 rings
- Chilidog - 400 rings
- Marshmellow - 150 rings
- Popsicle
- Chocolate
- Pie
Eternal fruit - 9500 rings (Grants chao immortality and changes their eyes

Hats
Spoiler:
Currently my chao cannot wear a hat and I do not know why.
- Cat ears (white black and brown) - 500 rings
- Wool hat (green/red and yellow) - 5000 rings
- Formal hat - 3000 rings
- Bucket - 3000 rings
- Neck tie (green/red) - 2000 rings
- Bow tie (grey/blue/red) - 1500 rings
- Tunic hat (looks like loz/green/purple/blue/red) - 3000 rings
- Breanie (red/orange/blue/black) - 4000 rings
- Flower pot - 3000 rings
- sunglasses - 4000 rings
- Pacifier (blue/red/yellow/purple) - 250 rings
- Cardboard box - 2000 rings
- Broken shell - 100 rings
- Bunny ears - 750 rings
- fake moustache - 5000 rings
- Hockey mask - 5000 rings
- Top hat - 5000 rings
- glasses (blue/white) - 2500 rings
- Headphones (grey/yellow) - 6000 rings
- Plumber cap (purple/red/yellow/green/blue) - 3000 rings
- Bandana (purple/blue/red/dark red) - 4000 rings
- Headband (blue/red/purple/yellow) - 2000 rings
Toys
Spoiler:
- Beach ball - 2000 rings
- Soccer ball - 3500 rings
- Microphone - 3500 rings
- Rubber duck - 3000 rings
- Rattle - 2500 rings
- Pillow - 2000 rings
- Dumbbell 1 unit - 2000 rings
- Dumbbell 2 unit - 2500 rings
- Dumbbell 4 unit - 3500 rings
- Dumbbell 5 unit - 4000 rings
- Toy car - 7000 rings
Last edited by Rinku on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:55 am, edited 7 times in total.
Rinku's personal Discord - http://rinkutalks.pro/image/dcover.png
πŸ”₯ Twitch Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/rinkutalks (β—‘β€Ώβ—‘βœΏ)
(β•―Β°β–‘Β°)β•―οΈ΅ ┻━┻ Twitter - https://twitter.com/RinkuTalks
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: What we know about Sonic World Chao Garden so far.

Post by DarkyBenji »

now let's talk about the problem more like Glitch

i test many fruit, toys and hat cause i hacked rings (yeah cheat is bad but that was worth it for this)
and the first things i will say is :

Don't buy the Dumbbell

if you give a dumbbell to a chao THAT don't know how to use toy, your game crash, not only that, you crash everytime you enter chao world so you ruin your save, GG

for unknow reason the ballon toys disapear when you throw them (or chao play with) in chao garden SA2, and don't respawn, so you just waste rings

and there a immortal fruit that cost 20 000 rings, that just give chaos chao eye to your chao and make your chao immortal (this one is not a glitch)

that's all i have to say..
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
Youtube β‘Š Other Mods β‘Š DeviantArt Image
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Post by Jack the Person »

Rinku wrote:Randomly my chao became happy, another one became sad, and its prevalent that when I accidentally hit a chao it also becomes sad. I do not however know how to effectively make them happy. I have had several sad chao now for a while even though I pet and feed them.
Hmm, strange, I tried testing Chao reactions by hitting them and petting them. I think I speed one like a hundred times, in succession, it just got up and walked away, same reaction when I try to pet it. Strange, how do you get it to display emotions, mine wouldn't so much as cry or show affection.

I also noticed Chao are born with a higher variety of faces, 9/10 Chao are born with normal eyes and no mouth. In this 1/3 Chao were born with that. I got one with angry eyes and a closed frown and the other with happy eyes and a closed smile.

EDIT: Wait, noticed something, Chao cry for about 3 seconds once they hit the ground, no sound though.
Last edited by Jack the Person on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Rinku »

Jack the Person wrote:
Rinku wrote:Randomly my chao became happy, another one became sad, and its prevalent that when I accidentally hit a chao it also becomes sad. I do not however know how to effectively make them happy. I have had several sad chao now for a while even though I pet and feed them.
Hmm, strange, I tried testing Chao reactions by hitting them and petting them. I think I speed one like a hundred times, in succession, it just got up and walked away, same reaction when I try to pet it. Strange, how do you get it to display emotions, mine wouldn't so much as cry or show affection.

I also noticed Chao are born with a higher variety of faces, 9/10 Chao are born with normal eyes and no mouth. In this 1/3 Chao were born with that. I got one with angry eyes and a closed frown and the other with happy eyes and a closed smile.
At first it was because i left my game on for them to age for like an hour and then my dark chao became sad (in the notifications it said ninja is sad idk if he actually did anything) and accidentally i hit another and pet him a ton. I left my game on for an extended period of time and almost all of my chao were sad. So i guess you definitely have to pay attention to them. This is annoying in such a big garden with lots of chao.

also EVERYONE should look at DarkyBenjis post
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Rinku »

Updated with a lot more information. At the top I have new mechanics highlighted which includes a lot of revised info and new info. I also updated some of the prices and added items to the black market section (but its going to take me many more black market visits to come close to finishing that... idk if I ever will there's so much food).

I think I covered most of the info but If anyone has anything to add, feel free to speak up. I will continue to update this post as long as there are new things being discovered. If a new version comes out, I will also revisit this and maybe condense the updates into a video instead. This however should remain the main hub.
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Post by Jack the Person »

Wait, I noticed that Chao cry (no sound) for approximately 3 seconds after they get up from being hit, they will also cry if being held which I find a neat new addition
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Rinku »

So I'll edit the main post later but I want to point out that when a chao dies, there is a glitch which will delete another chao you own to clone another. Meaning you will lose a chao that's not dying and have a clone of another chao that wasn't dying while still having the chao that died being dead.

Another thing to note, is that apparently when your chao becomes immortal, it can no longer learn skills such as swimming or running. That is only based on the fact that my baby immortal chao cannot wear hats at 8 intellect. I will test this more when I have time.
Alicia Jewel
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Alicia Jewel »

I don't know if this happens with every Chao machine, but it's possible for your Chao to get stuck inside the one in the part of the garden that looks like SA2's Neutral Garden. I have not yet figured out how to get them out once they get stuck back there because attempting to pick them up results in an invisible Chao in your hands while the actual Chao is still inside the machine. I've tried taking it to races and other machines, but I've had no luck getting it back.

So if you see one of your Chao wandering toward a Chao Departure machine, get it the heck away from it ASAP.
Last edited by Alicia Jewel on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Rinku »

Alicia Jewel wrote:I don't know if this happens with every Chao machine, but it's possible for your Chao to get stuck inside the one in the part of the garden that looks like SA2's Neutral Garden. I have not yet figuring out how to get them out once they get stuck back there because attempting to pick them up results in an invisible Chao in your hands while the actual Chao is still inside the machine. I've tried taking it to races and other machines, but I've had no luck getting it back.

So if you see one of your Chao wandering toward a Chao Departure machine, get it the heck away from it ASAP.
Thanks for mentioning that. To give you hope, I had one of my chao do the same thing in the hero garden where he got stuck inside the machine for days. I was sad and eventually ignored him but hours later he randomly got himself out. So there might still be hope. Also I notice a lot of spots where chao get stuck on but usually you can pick him up, the machine however is a death trap of rng haha.

Sounds like I need to add a section specifically for bugs/glitches
Cecilia
Egg
Egg

Post by Cecilia »

Rinku wrote:Updated 12/5/2015
- I believe only Sonic Tails and Knuckles are for Hero chao and Shadow/Rouge for Dark chao.
This is not true, as of release 7, every character has an alignment. A chart can be found on the Sonic World homepage.