The Science of Chao

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Zeekchaos
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Chao are awesome!

The Science of Chao

Post by Zeekchaos »

One question that's been on a lot of people's minds: "what is the science of chao?" That's what this post is for. You can debate the science and biology of chao as much as you want here. :sway: :herosway: :darksway:
The Gardens are the seven Chao. Chao is luck. Luck is enriched by the Chaos Drive. The Kindergarten serves to unify the Chao.
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Re: The Science of Chao

Post by Jack the Person »

Now this I like, I'm basing these scientific beliefs on stuff I read and now believe.

Many people suggested Chao are reptilian and therefore cold-blooded, however, there are warm-blooded mammals that lay eggs, such as the platypus. No, I am not suggesting Chao evolved from the platypus.

I also believe that Chao change to adapt to their environment, such as how living in a harsh environment would make a Chao more aggressive and scary as before they were taken on as pets, they'd need this function to survive. Living in a place with lots of water would mean the Chao would come into contact with lots of Swim-Based organisms, upon contact it would replicate their DNA as another survival function. Of course, Chao no longer need this function but have still kept it, it's practically useless to the majority of Chao.
A great example of this in real life is how Humans crave high-calorie meals as before food became readily available hundreds of years ago, we would need high-calorie food to give us lots of energy, to encourage us to do this, our body likes how they taste, we know fruit is healthy but evolution made it taste bad. Now you can't claim I have no evidence to back up the Chao thing.
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
Zeekchaos
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Zeekchaos »

Chao are obviously extremely adaptable, so I theorize that they can live in every kind of environment on the planet. For example, in the plains of Africa, they would change to become faster to avoid predators, such as adult cheetahs (they would probably inherit the speed from cubs). :omochao: (now genius omochao for good measure.)
The Gardens are the seven Chao. Chao is luck. Luck is enriched by the Chaos Drive. The Kindergarten serves to unify the Chao.
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Zeekchaos wrote:Chao are obviously extremely adaptable, so I theorize that they can live in every kind of environment on the planet. For example, in the plains of Africa, they would change to become faster to avoid predators, such as adult cheetahs (they would probably inherit the speed from cubs). :omochao: (now genius omochao for good measure.)
Yes, this is where I picked up that info:
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:I do suspect that Chao probably have few, if any hard tissues in their bodies(if they have a skeleton, it's probably all cartilege for example), through I suspect they have some ability to replicate foreign proteins if not assimilate foreign DNA to manufacture said proteins the same way native ones would be produced.
So basicly, the thing-where-Chao-touch-stuff-then-turn-into-that-stuff is actually caused by DNA modification by the simple thought of: "Hey, this thing has survived here, by copying it's DNA I can survive here too!" Useful stuff, but can be used for bad purposes.

This also means Chao could be used as weapons in a post-apocalyptic film directed by someone that directs bad films!
Nevermind, just remembered Chao don't like war or killing.

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Zeekchaos
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Zeekchaos »

This also means Chao could be used as weapons in a post-apocalyptic film directed by someone that directs bad films!
LOLOLOLOLOL

I MUST DO THAT
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Weaponizing Chao is practically canon. Chaos is connected to Chao(Generally believed to be a Chao that mutated, quite possibly do to long-term exposure to the Chaos and/or Master Emeralds. Gerald Robotnik likely studied Chao since they are capable of gaining apparent immortality(and engineering Immortality was one of the goals of Project Shadow), and Artificial Chaos make up a good portion of the Arc's security system. Now, the artificial Chaos might be entirely synthetic, but it strikes me as likely that they are mutated Chao. And if you count Cheese, weaponizing Chao is completely Canon.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Plus there are the Chao Walkers Tails and Eggman created. Though that's more like 'arming' Chao than weaponizing them...
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Who even thought putting chao in walkers was a good plan? Why Tails and Eggman?
And I most definitely agree on the adaptation ideas, in terms of taking traits from nearby animals and becoming optimal per the area the chao is living in. My question for that is what sort of natural situation, aside from some sort of literal hell like the Dark Garden, would cause a chao to go to the Dark evolutions? Or the Hero evolutions? Perhaps they truly are unnatural evolutions, and require other sentient beings to raise them to impart them with some sort of morality. Which is vaguely supported in how Hero and Dark chao were only a later addition for Adventure 2.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Meh, most of the 2P-only characters in SA2 don't make much sense. Metal Sonic makes sense, but Amy was given a major speed boost without explanation, which is even stranger since SA2's story mode practically demoted her to rabid fangirl at best and damsel in distress at worst. Tikal having the same move set as Knuckles makes sense, but wasn't she a disembodied spirit in SA1, and Chaos 0 SA2 moveset is completely different from his SA1 abilities. Hell, I don't know if it's true as I've never owned a Dreamcast, but I've heard Big of all things was the fourth Mech Combat player before SA2B replaced him with the Dark Chao Walker.

I do kind of wonder why Eggman never made Chao-powered robots. With their ability to absorb power from small animals, I'd think a properly trained Chao would be a much more powerful living battery.

On the other hand, could you imagine what an Army of Chao on par with Cheese could do to Eggman's Robot hoards? Hell, part of me says Sonic Team should've just made Cheese the Power member of Team Rose in Heroes.

As for Hero and Dark Chao, maybe the Hero and Dark fruit can shed some light on how these forms occur in nature. If I remember correctly, the Dark fruit resembles a Chile pepper, so perhaps the Dark evolutions are a Chao's way of building a tolerance for capsaisin. Can't remember what Hero fruit look like.

Of course, the real challenge with alignment if coming up with an in-universe reason why Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles affect Chao alignment in SA2, but not in SA1. Sure we can chock it up to story and gameplay segregation, but when has that stopped us from speculating on why something that only makes sense from a gameplay prospective might work in reality?
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Mamkute wrote:Aside from some sort of literal hell like the Dark Garden, would cause a chao to go to the Dark evolutions? Or the Hero evolutions? Perhaps they truly are unnatural evolutions, and require other sentient beings to raise them to impart them with some sort of morality. Which is vaguely supported in how Hero and Dark chao were only a later addition for Adventure 2.
Oh, forgot to mention that Hero and Dark characters simulate the good and bad environments, I'm not sure how 'bad' or 'nice' and environment has to be to initiate the Dark/Hero evolution, like a volcano, that's violent right, as for good, a pure waterfall maybe?
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:I do kind of wonder why Eggman never made Chao-powered robots. With their ability to absorb power from small animals, I'd think a properly trained Chao would be a much more powerful living battery.
Wait, so the Matrix, but with Chao. The film would be called... the Chaorix... No, that's an awful idea.

DropkickGiggles
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Always grinding!

Post by DropkickGiggles »

I propose taking a behaviorist approach to understanding the chao. :surprise: It's pointless to speculate on biological dynamics that can't even be directly observed (and therefore are unreliable sources of information). So why speculate on internal functions when you can reach testable conclusions by focusing only on data/information/physical phenomena that can be directly observed?
Life is Water Temple. Image
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

^But that's the fun part. And most of that's done.
Jack the Person wrote:This also means Chao could be used as weapons in a post-apocalyptic film directed by someone that directs bad films!
Looks like Sonic T. Hedgehog beat us to the punch.

Of course, without the director of Sharknado 1, 2, and, 3, the movie will probably miss the mark, and come out like a regular summer blockbuster.
Then again, the cast includes Sadow the Hedgehog, so I could be wrong.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
DropkickGiggles
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Always grinding!

Post by DropkickGiggles »

LOL that's true. :cool:
Life is Water Temple. Image