Animal Challenge Race

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Animal Challenge Race

Post by Bubblebeam »

Maybe this is common knowledge for others, but I've only just noticed it. I restarted my race with the animals literally about 8 times in a row or more. Every single time my chao trips a few seconds in. He very rarely trips on other races, but this one it's been every time. Pretty infuriating and cheap I think.

I'm wondering if this is only me?
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Animal Challenge Race

Post by Crash32 »

I really hate when games do this.

Reminds me of Sonic Racing Transformed, I played the same race 5 times in a row and had the CPU do exactly the same thing every time. I'd get shot by Amy with the blowfish on lap 2 at the same exact spot. I'd get shot by Knuckles a few times in the same exact spots. It's almost as if the CPU weren't AI but a demo playing back

Haven't played the game since.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Two of my chao just finished the race without tripping at all, so it's probably just a coincidence.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Bubblebeam »

I tried the race some more and it happens every time without fail. He trips again about midway too. It's making the race annoyingly hard to beat. Sounds like it's a glitch with my game or just that specific chao, probably the latter.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I know the hidden stats aren't as well understood, but was it ever determined definitively if tripping and luck were correlated? If there is such a correlation, the Chao in question might have a low luck stat, and if you've been using Chaos drives as your primary or sole means of raising stats, it's likely the Chao has low values in all hidden stats.

I know small animals increase hidden stats by a fixed amount, but I can't remember what else affects hidden stats. Actually, if the Animal Challenge race is the only one your having tripping issues with, it might be that the race itself has invisible tripping hazards and giving your Chao enough Small Animals to boost luck high enough to avoid them is part of the challenge(I honestly don't know, and as far as I know, no ones made any serious attempts to figure out race physics).

Of course, if your Chao isn't yet at level 99 accross the board and you have the rings to spare, you could try force feeding it Chao fruit until it's level 99 in all visible stats and brute forcing the races that way.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Chaos drives increase luck and intelligence, in fact, they do so twice as fast as small animals.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Ah, thanks for the correction.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Bubblebeam »

Managed to beat the challenge. Thank God.

Do the skill fruits (or any of the fruits for that matter) decrease chao lifespan? Thought I read that somewhere. I did notice my racing chao evolving much quicker than the other chao in the garden who is untrained and hatched at the same time, though he did go to kindergarden class twice.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Fruits make evolution occur sooner, but do not decrease the lifespan of the chao. In fact, they increase the lifespan of the chao (because feeding living things is a good thing.)