So let's say Sega did bring back Chao.

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 2 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

So let's say Sega did bring back Chao.

Post by retrolinkx »

Would you actually interact with them again?

Honestly, if there was a Sonic game a kin to Sonic Adventure 3 that might have some benefits to raising Chao beyond the raising game they were in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. I may look into it for more to do in this new Sonic game, but even if they didn't. I would probably give them another chance just to see the changes, but I don't think I could give the same amount of time and effort like I did before.

I would like to see it happen, even if I wouldn't interact with it as much. It would be nice, plus it'd give us some more users and discussion.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: So let's say Sega did bring back Chao.

Post by Ivogoji »

I downloaded Sonic World exclusively to play the Chao Garden.

Yes I would.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Of course I would greatly enjoy a new chao garden. The hardest question for me is if they were to insert them into a really unfortunate game (even if the chao section was very well done) like Sonic 06 or something comparable. I would get it eventually, but price justification and all that would be hard, so I would likely wait some time.

Although I do agree, they would probably not be able to consume as much of my time as they originally did. That being said, they would still consume a lot of time.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Yes. Very yes.

I bought SA2 on Steam just for Chao World Extended. Otherwise, I'd just still be playing the GC and 360 versions. And inputting almost just as much time as before.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Considering Chao is a heavy influence on why the Sonic Adventure games weren't torn apart when they came out, and assuming Sonic Team make a good Chao garden in the vein of the SA gardens, yes.

Of course this could all be avoided by just making a good Sonic game that can stand on its own merits, but whatever.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

Yes

but not sure if i will continue to play for 7 years like i did in GC... :blink:
depend how good/new it is
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

I would play it, regardless if the chao garden was bad. If it was bad that would just mean I would play it for a shorter amount of time then what I usually would. Even if I really didn't like it, writing down new chao garden info for the site would still be a good enough reason to play it.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

probably not because like i don't have that kinda patience anymore and i always get bored quickly
before i accomplish much

maybe i'd just fool around a little bit, though i'd be surprised if it's any more complex than back then because even modern sonic games feel dated to me, and i'm also usually purchasing 2 or 3 new releases that come out every month so i don't linger on games long and usually only return during droughts
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Probably not unless the new gardens where blind accessibile or medical technology or brain-machine interfaces advanced to a point to fix my eyes or bypass them.
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

I would definitely try it if I had the right console and enough money, but I don't hold high hope for most newer games.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Biggest problem for people that didn't, like the chao garden was that it was required if you wanted to 100% the game. If they made a new one just make it optional, heck don't even include it in an actual sonic game. Just make it an app. You're not forced to play it if you do not want to.

Now if we look at how broken the sonic fanbase is, I can see why Sega is hesitating for a new chao game or an SA3. We have the classics that love the old 2D sonic games back in "The good old days" and will deny anything that isn't 2D. And we have the people that like the modern sonic games like sonic unleashed, sonic generations, etc. So what did they do? They fused both the 2D play style and the 3D play style together and sonic generations, a great and respected game was made. Now if they were to imply the same rule to a chao garden that played like the adventure games and a chao garden that "would" play like the modern styled games. They could easily put it together and make a great chao garden. The cherry on top is making it optional instead of required.

Now the only problem we have here is the "New" Sega/Sonic Team. Due to an event that took place about a year ago, workers or people that have worked at SEGA of America have been fired, laid off, moved around. All sorts of chaos has caused lots of confusion which created the bad SEGA/Sonic Team. The original artist, coders, creators, designers and lots more of chao and the adventure games itself has gotten fired, laid off, mixed around and all that. Now if we were to tell them to create another chao garden to match the original they wouldn't know where to start anymore. "Whats a chao?" is one of the first questions I imagine going around the studio. Since they don't know where to start they would just go ahead and redesign/reboot the whole thing entirely and ruin it.

Some say "if we don't get SA3 rage...rage as loud as you can to Sega, this way they would hear all of us and have no choice but to make it." I say I don't want that because that's Sega listening to their fans. Do we all remember the last time Sega listened to their fans? (Sonic 06 reference) Not only are they listening to their fans but their also going to be rushed and we all know what rushed sonic games look like.

Final words... do you want Sega/Sonic Team to make a chao garden with a 90% chance to ruin it? Or do you feel as though you can you can make a chao garden yourself properly to match the original with new and improved features.

I don't care who makes what chao garden. As long as something comes soon, i'll be there to test it.