Additions/Changes you would like to see in the next iteration of the Chao Garden

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Trash-ItTrevor
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Additions/Changes you would like to see in the next iteration of the Chao Garden

Post by Trash-ItTrevor »

CHANGES TO EXISTING MECHANICS
-Stat screen that shows you all the races/medals/karate tournaments your chao has won
-Stat screen that shows all the toys it has won as well
-Stat screen that shows you all the classes your chao has taken
-Stat screen that shows you what type of alignment/breed/type of Chao that your Chao was at every life it had
-Make eggs the color of the Chao it hatches into

NEW MECHANICS
-New games for each type of stat that your chao can have, in addition to the Karate and Races. For example, Running could be some sort of enhanced and improved Mach Speed section-type game like in Sonic '06
-New colors (of course) breeds, textures, and overall more variety
-Add new stats for new types of Chao appearances
-Have another online Black Market for awesome event Chao and other cool surprises
-More Character Chao (but make it a secret recipe or combination)
-More expressions, eyes, mouths, and perosnalities
-More toys and prizes for the gardens and Chao
-Garden for each type of Stat
-More animals
-Send eggs as presents to friends

That's about all I have so far. What do you all wish would be implemented?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Additions/Changes you would like to see in the next iteration of the Chao Garden

Post by Ivogoji »

Already had a topic about this. Those are some good suggestions though.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Trash-ItTrevor
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Re: Additions/Changes you would like to see in the next iteration of the Chao Garden

Post by Trash-ItTrevor »

Ivogoji wrote:Already had a topic about this. Those are some good suggestions though.
Oh sorry, it's a bit hard for me to navigate!
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Since this subject comes up every now and then, I have to wonder why we don't have a sticky for it.

Anyways, some things I'd like to see:
Mixed Monotone chao having a blended color(including normal blending with other colors).
Mixed Two-tone using one allele for base color and the other for marking color(I.e. a red/blue would be red with blue markings while blue/red would be blue with red markings. Classic two-tones would be produced from having either a normal color allele or having two of the same allele).
Half-shiny chao having a duller luster than full shiny chao.
Jewel Coats blending.
two-tone/monotone having an effect on the apperance of (half-)shiny jewel chao.
Maybe something like:
Non-shiny Jewels: Coat overrides color and tone.
Half-shiny Jewel: Have shiny luster, if two-tone, have markings that blend color alleles.
Shiny Jewel: Translucent, if monotone, color blends coats, if two-tone, base color blends coats marking color blends colors.

Luck and Intelligence made visible and given their own evolutions with them as opposing types on a fourth slider.
A Chaos Chao for every type and alignment. The Classic Chaos Chao are the normal/none type evolutions, the Tails, Amy, and Knuckles Chao are among the other types.
Chaos Chao gain permanent versions of the animal parts they were wearing when they became Chaos Chao. If they had a full set of parts from a specific animal with no parts from other animals, they gain special versions of those animal parts that are to the adult version of the parts as the adult animal parts are to the child parts.

All small animals from SA1/2 return and new ones are added until there are seven of each color. Blue animals become Int and orange/gold animals become luck with black remaining as a wildcard.

Picking up a chao in the garden allows you to view Stats to a level of detail on par with going to the Doctor in SA2.

A proper inventory system.
More Gardens with more Chao per Garden and a storage system that can hold hundreds beyond what the gardens can hold.
Chao Transporter allows organization of your Chao in a manner similar to the PC in Pokemon. For for moving chao between Gardens, between storage boxes, or between gardens and storage.

Better Chao AI, personalities being more than flavor text, Chao having meaningful interactions with each other(perhaps implement most, if not all, of the debunked behaviors Chao have been rumored to have).

Breeder Stat screen that includes information on such things as Evolutions obtained(second evolutions recorded at reincarnation), breeds raised, how many chao have earned each medal/karate rank, etc.
Trash-ItTrevor
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Trash-ItTrevor »

^
Great suggestions, but it sounds like your Mixed Monotones would just be another form of Two-Tone, not that there's anything wrong with that. I would like if you could breed monotones to turn into new colors, which in turn can be bred into new two-tones.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE MOON CHAO
In fact, it would be cool if we had a type of Chao based off the Sun, and the planets as well. A Star chao could have shiny bits on it, and a Galactic Chao could have an awesome galaxy texture.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

By color blending, I meant more like:
Red+blue = purple
red+white = pink
etc., though ideally there wouldn't be any over lap in blended colors and pure colors(I.e. the above mentioned Pink would be a different pink from the pink you get from the black market.

Just between pair wise combinations of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, gray, and black, we could get the following blended colors:
6 tertiary colors(red-orange, yellow-orang, yellow-green,etc.).
Tints(whitened), Shades(blackened), and Tones(grayed) versions of the six prismatic colors.
Light Gray and Dark Gray plus a second medium gray.
3 different browns.
Among other things.

And yeah, official means of obtaining Moon Chao plus making other unused Jewel Coats available would be nice. The Chrome and Glassy-looking jewel coats in particular look rather cool from what I remember.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I feel the whole allure of the Moon Chao was its uniqueness to the Dreamcast version.

New types of textures for Chao breeds would be nice though.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Trash-ItTrevor
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Trash-ItTrevor »

Ivogoji wrote:I feel the whole allure of the Moon Chao was its uniqueness to the Dreamcast version.

New types of textures for Chao breeds would be nice though.
I was never able to get it, but I always thought it looked so cool! One of my friends was able to download one, I was so jealous.

More types of exclusive Chao would be great.
pika778
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: ...

Post by pika778 »

Definitely some amazing graphics. It's kinda hard for me to play SAB/SADX because some of the textures are off.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

^That seems more like a given, just because of the way graphics have progressed.

But if you have the PC version of SA2 and an Nvidia graphics card, you can enable Ambient Occlusion and then use DarkyBenji's Chao World Extended mod to do this:

Personally, this looks amazing and I regret getting a laptop without an Nvidia card.

ALSO IT'S PROBABLY WHAT MAKES SONIC GENERATIONS LAG FOR ME WHEN THERE'S MOVING WATER.

Anyways, I haven't thought of anything since the previous topic about this.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
pinta77
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Check out my YouTube
Location: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfEZGE ... WVMUMr6k7w

Post by pinta77 »

Online multiplayer