Can Chao die of hunger?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
pastellrain
Child Chao
Child Chao

Can Chao die of hunger?

Post by pastellrain »

Do they? Just a small question. I have many small detail questions I want to know about Chao as well like:

-Does the amount of fruit they eat affect their lifespan?

-Do abused Chao really live for less hours?

-Is it true that two Chao can become friends? I've never had this happen before even though I tried.

-Is there any way to determine your Chao's hunger/love etc. levels? Also how many "points" do you get before your Chao will hate/love you? (For example, -50 value means Chao hate you)

-Is it really true that Chao can be spoiled? If so, how exactly do you raise a Chao for it to not be spoiled? Is "spam petting" the thing that spoils them?

-Is there any correlation between Chao face and personality?

-Is there any correlation of the way the egg is hatched, and the Chao's face? What about personality?

-Will Chao reincarnate if they don't like the character currently in the garden, but DO love a different character? (Example: Will they reincarnate if they only love Tails, but Sonic is in the garden instead?)
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Can Chao die of hunger?

Post by chaoadventures »

Well, let's see what I can answer here.

1: Chao do not die of hunger. It's actually kinda weird.

2: Yes, the amount of fruit you give your chao makes them live longer. It's marginal, but adds up eventually. You can read all the techno mumbo jumbo here.

3: Abused chao live less, but only if this includes not giving them fruit. (Also all fruit does the same thing.)
Hurting your chao too much in the Dreamcast version of SA1 is said to make them outright die, but I've never played that version.

4: Unfortunately, no. Chao cannot become friends. Interestingly enough though, there's some unused animations for chao talking, and doing things for each other. Seems like they wanted to add it.

5: Checking how hungry your chao is and how much they love you is mostly determined by what they do in the garden, like chasing you when you have a fruit, or if they start skipping towards you.
The general number for if they like you or not is 50 and -50. Which I believe +50 is the number where they respond to your whistles. Around -50 is when they start shivering and stuff.

6: Nope, no such thing. Spam pet away! (Although, Cry Baby chao cry anyways.)

7: As far as we know, no. Several attempts to find out have been made, but they all involve trying to figure it out by just observing, where it's much harder to distinguish between coincidence and fact.

8: Once again, we don't know about faces. Personality on the other hand, we also don't know. The 2012 re-release of SA2 has a new tips screen that displays while loading, one of the things
it says is that is does change it. If it's not lying, they we don't know how much. (Obviously there's more than 3 personalities.)

9: No, If I remember correctly they do not reincarnate.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

Q: Can Chao die of hunger?
A: Chao starving is impossible. Every Chao has a statistic in the game's code named "hunger" it ranges from 0 to 10000.000. This statistic ascends overtime, much like Magnitude. The higher Hunger gets, the better chance that specific Chao will walk/crawl around the garden to locate any fruit in sight and eat it automatically. Hunger has no other properties, although there is a mod where very hungry Chao will slowly lose happiness, and if happiness reaches its lowest point that specific Chao will enter a death cocoon as soon as possible. This mod is one of the many in Chao World Extended. More information in the topic Chao World Extended inside Chao Hacking/Editing Forums.

Q: Does the amount of fruit they eat affect their lifespan? A: Depends on evolution. Every time a Chao takes a bite out of a fruit, (like when a fruit shrinks) it will raise a statistic named "Magnitude" in the game's code by 0.005. This statistic has effects on evolution. If a Chao is a newborn, Chao will evolve when Magnitude reaches 1.000 or above. Maximum amount is 1.200. If Chao has already evolved, it will effect Chao on 2nd evolution. Does not effect reincarnation and/or death. They depend on age. Hunger decreases naturally overtime.

Q: Do abused Chao really live for less hours?
A: Yes. Abused Chao live shorter because attacking, throwing, and/or taking fruit away from Chao mid-eating will lower happiness. "Dizziness" ranges from 0 to ???. "Urge to Cry" ranges from 0 to ???. "Fear" ranges from 0 to ??? Attacking will lower "Happiness" by 30 and "Character Bond" by 25. (Specific Character varies based on which Character attacked by) Adds to "Dizziness" by 86.00. Also adds to "Urge to Cry" by 129.00. Finally, adds to "Fear" by 58. Throwing Chao lowers "Happiness" and "Character Bond" by 5. Also adds to "Urge to Cry" by 73. Also adds to "Fear" by 74. Finally adds to "Dizziness" by 72. Taking fruit away from Chao will reduce "Happiness" and "Character Bond" by 1. Also adds to "Urge to Cry" by 196. Speed up Magnitude by 0.005 by feeding Chao.

Q: Is it true that two Chao can become friends? I've never had this happen before even though I tried.
A: No. Chao have NO relationships with each other, as they can not react to each other in any way. Although they can use toys together, this has no effect on any statistics. But however if you want Chao to interact with each other by actually talking to each other, download Chao World Extended Mod. As said above for location for mod. It will recover unused actions hidden in the game's code.

Q: Is there any way to determine your Chao's hunger/love etc. levels? Also how many "points" do you get before your Chao will hate/love you? (For example, -50 value means Chao hate you)
A: If you have Fusion's Chao Editor, (located in Chao hacking/editing forums) you can read and edit every single statistic about Chao's personality, health and emotions, even favorite Fruit! It's where I play around to test and get answers like these! It's very useful.
Chao will trying to squirm out of grasp if held by a character with a "Character Bond" lower than -50.
If Chao has a "Character Bond" with a specific character(s) that specific character(s) can whistle in the Chao garden to call a Chao. Once whistling, Chao will rush to the character. If "Character Bond" above 20. Chao will chase the specific character(s) randomly as if skipping towards the character. Only happens when loved character is present and reachable. Also if "Character Bond" is above 20. It will chase the specific loved character when the specific character holds any fruit near the Chao.

Q: Is it really true that Chao can be spoiled? If so, how exactly do you raise a Chao for it to not be spoiled? Is "spam petting" the thing that spoils them?
A: I am uncertain if "Spoiled" is a statistic that can be changed depending on actions or if a Chao is born spoiled. For some reason "Spoiled" is unlisted in personalities and behaviors. Spam Petting has no effects other than raising "Happiness" by 1 every time the emotion Ball turns into a heart.

Q: Is there any correlation between Chao face and personality?
A: No. Although they are produced at the same time by the same line of code, Chao faces and/or personalities are two completely different statistics in the game's code. Both of these cannot be changed after bred or bought from the Black Market. If you wish to change them anytime you wish, get Fusion's Chao Editor. Location to download stated above.

Q: Will Chao reincarnate if they don't like the character currently in the garden, but DO love a different character? (Example: Will they reincarnate if they only love Tails, but Sonic is in the garden instead?)
A: Reincarnation/Death depends on a statistic named "Happiness." If above 30, it'll reincarnate once Magnitude reaches 1 after 1st evolution. If below 30, It'll die. Character Bonds and specific characters in specific locations have no effect on reincarnation/death.
Last edited by SwifterTheDragon on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Not to be rude but,
SwifterTheDragon wrote:Chao faces and/or personalities are two completely different statistics in the game's code.
Not necessarily.

After witnessing Pokemon's Random Number Generator (RNG), it's quite possible that they in fact, are related.
They could both be generated by the exact same algorithm. Meaning, if you could manipulate it, you could (and have to) get both at the same time.

...This it just a guess though.

- - -
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

1. Pokemon and Sonic are 2 COMPLETELY different games.

2. What do you mean manipulated? They are produced by one code but are two separate codes afterwards. If you mean choose which mouth, personality and face as you please, don't waste time saving and practicing advanced setups every time, edit it in Fusion's Chao Editor. Way faster. It's randomized unless you complete very complicated setups which take more time than an editor.
Last edited by SwifterTheDragon on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

By "manipulated", I mean (effectively) forcing the game to do something.

In Pokemon (Which is just an example of a fully manipulable RNG), you can get make it so you can, say, get your desired 'Mon in that's only found in certain area appear every single time.
This is done by turning the game on at a certain time, and messing with with a few other more complicated factors like frames.

This is because the RNG isn't actually random, because it's impossible to actually make it anything random at all (other than maybe the actual universe itself, but that's something else).

Since it's not random, there might be a way for to us that would let us make it so, if you could go to the Black Market and get a chao that always has the same face and personality,
because they have to make it seem like it is random by adding the weirdest and subtlest changes to what happens next.

They could both be made the same way. Nothing you do will make the face change without making the personality change too.
(Unless, since there's a finite number of possibilities (and relatively small) it happens to make the only thing that changes the face or personality).

For example, pretend that every time you jump as Sonic, the game goes to the next set of chao faces and and personalities for the Black Market eggs at the same time.

It's actually kinda hard to explain, to be honest. But at it's core, I'm just saying they could still both be made at the same time.

And changing stats after the fact with Fusion's editor and before you even get the egg are two different things.

- - -
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

I know what you mean.
Look at Super Mario World, Seth-Bling can perform a VERY complicated setup to get the game to show up as credits.
I know stuff like this IS possible in every game, but I go by the fastest and the simplest way to get whatever I want. Cheat em in.
I'd rather download an editor than practice for like a month just for a very advanced setup to make the game give me what I want.
Yes, in Pokémon you can force the game to give you a certain Pokémon. Look at A+Start and Skycoh's collab on YouTube.
I understand what you mean. But editors are WAAAY faster.