Omochao Origin?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
jkhero73
Egg
Egg
Motto: What could possibly go wrong?

Omochao Origin?

Post by jkhero73 »

Omochao's existence is never covered in any Sonic game or comic, he just kinda shows up.

Any Ideas on how this robotic annoyance was created?

:omochao:: Did you know, you can type by pressing the keys on your keyboard?
Take everything this user says with a grain of salt.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Omochao Origin?

Post by chaoadventures »

I don't know what everyone's beef with him is, he's extremely easy to avoid. And let's not lie, there's no way you knew there were 21 animals in this stage, I think you get an extra life for getting them all.

Anyways, maybe it was Tails. The Chao Walker in SA2B's 2 player mode says it was built by Tails, so maybe he did it. Eggman made the Dark Walker though, so it could just be someone else.

I would gander a guess Omochao has an origin if it's in the comics. If.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Omochao was created by the agency that operates the Chao World facility to track down lost Chao and collect surveillance data about the environments they inhabit (hence all the helpful advice they dish out). You can find them in so many farflung places because they use Chao World's transporter to warp to any location lost Chao might be. We don't see them in SA because there are no lost Chao in that game.

They couldn't have been created by Tails because they help Dark characters; they couldn't have been created by Eggman because they help Hero characters.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Just because they help the characters from the other side doesn't preclude being made by Tails or Eggman. They could lack recognition software sufficient to distinguish Hero characters from Dark Characters, some of them could've been reprogrammed to switch sides, they might be malfunctioning, or they might have been invented by one of our resident gadgeteer geniuses and the other like the idea enough to make his own army of the little buggers to serve as scouts for him and his allies. And those are just a few possibilities off top of my head.

Of course, the real question is why Dreamcast-era Sonic Team felt the need to Introduce a hint system in Sonic Adventure when previous Sonic games did just fine without them and why they felt the need to replace Tikal with a more intrusive hint system for Sonic Adventure 2.

Or for that matter, why games of the 2000s and 2010s in general seem to be much more hand-holdy than games of the 1980s and 1990s? And Omochao isn't even the most inexplicable example of in-game hint systems(take the message boxes in Yoshi's Island for the SNES, especially since the game otherwise discards the bricks and blocks the Mario series is known for).
Sonicjan
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Sonicjan »

Isn't there a Chao Laboratory? With a Chao Professor? They could made Omochao to help other. That would make sense, i think... :sway: :omochao:
zowiethehedgehog
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: SADX and SA2B nostalgia never ends

Post by zowiethehedgehog »

He was created originally to be sold by the Black Market, but came alive by accident and escaped...better still Sonic and Co rescued him from there and so he decided to help them out, not realising the difference between the heroes and the dark characters, hence the painfully annoying but charming 'help' :omochao: :omochao: :no:
:omochao: Hi I'm Omochao! I'm here to bug- I mean help you!
:no: his hearts in the right place I guess...
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

Ivogoji wrote:We don't see them in SA because there are no lost Chao in that game
actually two omochao run the races in the dreamcast version
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

^I meant we don't see them hovering around the Action Stages.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

In-universe, I like the idea that they started as Mascots for the organization that runs the Chao World and associated services and where then mass produced and used as scouts to find lost chao.

Out-Universe, they don't appear in SA1 action stages because Tikal(in disembodied ball of light spirit form) serves the same gameplay purpose while actually having a plot reason to do so. Sonic Team tried to have the same feature in SA2, but the execution is poorer and it's harder to reintegrate the story and gameplay separation omochao represents.