This video is a month old, but much hasn't changed in terms of using the garden- mostly in that time I've been working on saving and loading. You can demo it here. Some notes:
- As there aren't any minigames yet, you can give yourself 10000 rings by clicking the big ring on the sidebar.
- Chao can't be renamed in-game yet, but you can change it either by exporting the Chao's .ini file, changing it manually, and bringing it back in, or changing chao0.ini directly in the game's files. 7 characters, per the norm.
- Chao will occasionally freak out by the pool. Pet it to set it straight.
- Press M to change the music!
- I made a post about it a while back, but I really, really need the sound effects. If anybody has experience ripping sounds from GBA games, gimme a hand!
- One of the most important things I want to implement is full compatibility with Chao from the PC releases of SA and SA2. This is partly done, but I'm waiting on permission from Fusion to use his format. He apparently hasn't been here in a couple of months, and there doesn't seem to be a way to contact him, so if someone who knows him could get his attention, I'd really appreciate it.
- Minigames! They'll be a priority once all the basic garden stuff is finalized. My only problem is figuring out what to include, or if I should make something new.
- This is way in the future, but once this is a 1:1 clone of TCG, I'm gonna set out and make an enhanced version. An expanded garden and multiple Chao are definitely on the list for that!