The Non-Hero Sonic Chao

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

The Non-Hero Sonic Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Doesn't it seem funny to you guys that a Sonic Chao isn't labeled as a Hero Chao and is labeled as a Neutral?
That being said, Tails and Amy are also are Neutral Chao.

I just find it funny that Sonic and Tails are considered Heroes when their Chao aren't. It's quite interesting, isn't it?
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Re: The Non-Hero Sonic Chao

Post by azureprism »

It's probably because the Sonic-lookalike Neutral/Run was introduced before Hero and Dark Chao were and they didn't want to retcon it in SA2.

Also, apparently the Amy Chao is treated by the game as being a Dark Chao despite having the Neutral emotiball and eye colour - i.e. it can't participate in the Hero Race. The Tails Chao is the only character Chao that is a true Neutral Chao.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

^ aaa.. The Amy Dark Chao thing reminds me of Rosy the Rascal, Amy’s doppelgänger, from the Archie Sonic Comics...
Orr it could be that they programmed it like that to show that although sweet, Amy is a mischievous troublemaker.

....or it’s a game bug that they never found.

Aside from the Sonic Chao, why did they make the Tails Chao Neutral as well? If anything they could’ve actually made him Hero.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Maybe it was necessary for there to be an equal number of Chao types for each alignment, so that's why the character Chao (the three special ones, I mean) are each treated as different alignments for the races? Knuckles Chao is Hero, Tails Chao is Neutral, and Amy Chao is Dark. That makes it evenly balanced. That's just my guess, though.

As for the Sonic Chao, what azureprism said is true. Hero and Dark Chao were introduced in Sonic Adventure 2. Sure, they are also present in SADX (if you buy Hero and Dark Fruits), but in the original Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast, I'm pretty sure that only Neutral Chao existed. Chao alignment wasn't really a thing back then.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

To shed some light on the one character Chao of each alignment deal:

The game stores a Chao's type(Egg, baby, each first evolution, etc.) as an Integer and uses a lookup table of sorts. Chao of the same stat type(run, swim, Chaos, etc.) but the different alignments are the next to each other in the list. Apparently, the Hero and Dark races simply take a Chao's type id mod 3 and uses this to determine who can enter without any special checks for character Chao.

And yeah, the whole Hero versus Dark thing didn't exist prior to SA2, and was pretty much that game's gimmick.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

CitrusCat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 am Maybe it was necessary for there to be an equal number of Chao types for each alignment, so that's why the character Chao (the three special ones, I mean) are each treated as different alignments for the races? Knuckles Chao is Hero, Tails Chao is Neutral, and Amy Chao is Dark. That makes it evenly balanced. That's just my guess, though.
^but that’s just a theory... a Game Theory! That could be! But weren’t the Character Chao introduced later to the game, meaning that the equal number would’ve already been met? Or were they preprogrammed in for the later special event?
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:00 pm Apparently, the Hero and Dark races simply take a Chao's type id mod 3 and uses this to determine who can enter without any special checks for character Chao.
^So the Character Chao have certain id mod 3’s that classify them as one of the three? Even though they aren’t aligned in such a way? That’s odd. You would think it would confuse the heck out of the game...