Fun chao garden, bad Sonic Game

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Goodbye-m8
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Fun chao garden, bad Sonic Game

Post by Goodbye-m8 »

If Sega made a bad Sonic Game with a really fun chao garden, would you still play the game?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Fun chao garden, bad Sonic Game

Post by Mamkute »

If the chao garden is very good, then yes. This garden system has to be better than SA2B's (otherwise I would probably continue to play SA2B,) meaning more race/karate/competition features, or a more involved system, more breed options, more and/or better gardens, etc.

And the Sonic game should be tolerable to the point of being able to get emblems and beating levels to get animals is an okay experience, and not miserable. If there is still the small animal glitch, I could handle pretty bad Sonic levels. If small animal glitch is gone so I have to play bad Sonic levels for every 10 animals I want, that would definitely put a damper on my fun pretty quickly.
Goodbye-m8
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Post by Goodbye-m8 »

If sega ever does make a chao garden like that then i would play it even if the game was bad.

Online features for the chao garden would be nice to.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I’ve thought for quite a while that I’d play Sonic 06 unironically if it had chao, even if I’d have trouble collecting rings and such due to glitches.

That said, the chao system would have to be at least as good as SA2DC to keep me playing for long periods.

I’d imagine I would also play more of it if they had specific new features (but missing key SA2 features) of similar caliber to SA1DC’s color mixing.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Eciton
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Eciton »

the Chao garden was the reason I even bought SA2B as a kid. I'd probably buy a new Sonic game if it had a really good chao garden system :)
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Mamkute wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:16 amIf there is still the small animal glitch, I could handle pretty bad Sonic levels. If small animal glitch is gone so I have to play bad Sonic levels for every 10 animals I want, that would definitely put a damper on my fun pretty quickly.
I didn't know about the animal glitch until way after the gamecube games came out, so all my raising on the Dreamcast was done "manually". You don't really notice that it takes time and effort until you start using the glitch.
My issues with the sonic games after adventure 2 is that they all seem pretty stiff. I can't say I'd enjoy the grind either if forced to play that style of game.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

It also took me a long time before I found out about the animal glitch. And I loved to run through levels, although I did use the same ones for most occasions- Radical Highway for Dark Swim/Run, Sky Rail for Dark Power/Fly, and so on. And of course I would do some other levels to spice it all up. But I definitely enjoyed it for a long time, although that could have just been young child obsessive behavior. Despite the common criticisms by some places online, I would say that SADX and SA2B have pretty good levels.

My real question is definitely on if I would be ready to play '06 for chao stuffs, and I think like chaoadventures, I would say yes. Although Sonic '06 with non-Sonic levels could get even scarier.
Nessie
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Nessie »

As someone who has and played sonic '06. I defiantly would play it more if it had a good chao system. I'd probably just try to do as much as I could with Blaze the cat.
Badwilds
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Badwilds »

I couldn't even get through the first level when I played '06. But if if there had been a Chao Garden, I would've definitely kept going. So, yep. As others have said though, it would have to be at least as good as SA2's chao garden.
  • hey man, ace930615 is the dude responsible for my avatar
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

Please, SEGA, make the next 3D Sonic game have a Chao garden. I really enjoyed Adventure 2 just because of the Chao garden. That, and the pumpkin hill theme.
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

Mooncow wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 pm You don't really notice that it takes time and effort until you start using the glitch.
Yeah. I always collected as many animals/chaos drives to raise my Chao. That, and to get more rings. In fact, that glitch made it so I was able to max out everything except for stamina on a baby chao that I raised to be a Dark. But with the glitch, I just don't get as many rings as I need to buy stuff like Heart Fruits and that stuff.

Also, I probably would have liked Sonic Generations more if it had any sort of Chao Garden... Just my opinion. :heroblink: :blink: :darkblink:
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64