Gathering Data for a Chao Infographic!

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
GJSmith
Egg
Egg

Gathering Data for a Chao Infographic!

Post by GJSmith »

Hi! I apologize for the spam in advance (I'm posting on all channels in an effort to spread this as far and wide across the community as possible). Long time lurker, first time posting in a long time, if ever? I remember coming to this site a lot when I was a kid.

Anyway, I'm all grown up and a graphic designer now, and my next class assignment is an infographic. I had a bolt of inspiration and decided I wanted to do mine on Chao, the surprising depth of their mechanics, and on the enduring popularity of the Chao gardens. I also wanted to use it to persuade others that demand exists for a Chao garden feature to be included in a future Sonic game.

So this google form contains some quick questions related to how much time you spend in the Chao gardens when you play, how often you play, and whether you'd like to see Chao come back in a future game. I'd very much appreciate it if you took the time to fill it out: https://goo.gl/forms/b7ewjL1IrEeXz6oB3

Additionally, I'm looking for information on Chao from a programmer's perspective? Anything more advanced that CSS might as well be ancient Greek to me, so if anyone has anything to say in regards to quantifying the complexity of the Chao system - my thought would be first identifying via Fusion's Chao Editor the "editable" points on each specific Chao? Perhaps memory blocks each one takes? File sizes? The coding of the AI system? Any information regarding this subject would be greatly appreciated as it's out of my area of expertise and hard to locate otherwise.

On top of that, shoutouts to any big fan projects I might not know about. I'm aware of Chao World Extended, Fusion's Chao Editor, and Chao Island Resort, but anything else noteworthy happening in the world of Chao to show the community is very much active could easily go into this infographic. Any efforts to spread the survey around to gather more responses would also be appreciated! Thank you for your time and have a nice day. ^^
Eciton
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: Gathering Data for a Chao Infographic!

Post by Eciton »

That sounds like an interesting assignment, can't wait to see the results - I filled the form out! The only other big chao thing I know of is Chao Viewer which came out pretty recently. There's a thread on this forum where you can get it.
Goodbye-m8
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Post by Goodbye-m8 »

This seems like a cool assignment, good luck on it!
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Neat.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD