Chao World Adventure - Update Thread [Bi-Weekly or so]

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Chao World Adventure - Update Thread [Bi-Weekly or so]

Post by NintendOni »

Taking place after the events of Sonic Forces, your Avatar stumbles across an old, discarded key in their travels. Picking it up, they are whisked away to a mysterious realm and tasked with raising those cute and lovable creatures known as Chao. However, not all is well in this peaceful dimension, and your expertise in a certain gemstone (Plus a little help from your new friends) might be the only thing keeping this world from falling into ruin!

Play as your Avatar from Sonic Forces as you raise your Chao, play mini-games and fight your way across a world of adventure!

Hello! My name is NintendOni, and what you've read above is my idea for a Chao Garden Game. A few weeks ago, I started plotting out a course on making this idea a reality, including making concept art, and designing how a game like this would work, including a battle system, ideas for a town hub, and other various details for a project such as this.

After keeping this idea generally hidden, as of today, I am proud to reveal my idea to the public.

Chao World Adventure is currently planned to have the following features:
  • An enhanced Re-Make of the Chao Garden From Sonic Adventure 2 - The plan is to have each garden be it's own sandbox, including the ability to customize your garden’s layout with a various amount of toys and items that can be used to boost stats, as well as skins allowing a number of different layouts and designs. Additionally, a Storage Box where you can store all these items, will be found in each garden, allowing an easier way to transfer items from garden to garden. There is also the addition of another garden, unlocked when player gains their first Chaos Chao, and allows 16 Chao instead of the standard 8, bumping up the amount of chao you can own to 40! A Concept for one of these garden can be seen below.
  • An Additional Chao Evolution Line - Using the Intelligence Stat, your chao will be able to be able to go down another evolution path, known as the "Brains" Evolution. This line includes chao forms inspired by characters found in games made after the last 3D Chao Garden Game
  • A Greenhouse Feature - Instead of being limited to just 3 extra Trees per garden, you'll be able to grow several trees at once in this nifty little side area. The types of fruits grown will also help to attract small animals (as well as one other sort of critter that's being added), and you can place several chao here to help garden this area
  • Chaobiusa Town - Figuring a Chao Kindergarden building by itself wouldn't be able to cut it in a game like this, It's been revamped into an entire town! In this area, you'll be able to access old favorites such as the Chao Stadium, which holds the races and karate matches, as well as the Chao Arcade which will feature re-makes of games found in the Tiny Chao Garden, and Sweet Threads, A boutique where you'll be able to purchase more Chao Clothes options! However, the Adventurer's Guild is where you can find the most important part of this idea...
  • Finally, and most importantlyA Roguelike Turn-Based RPG where you use your chao as your party members. - Seeing that there isn't a Sonic Game attached to this Pet Simulator,there isn't really a way for a player to be able to gather small animals or Chaos Crystals (This Game's Version of Chaos Drives). This mode is my attempt to solve this problem, where you and your chao will be able to explore areas inspired by the Chao Adventure VMU Games! You'll adventure through several different zones, while also playing through a (hopefully) interesting little Story Mode!
--

Now, you may be asking "Wow, This sounds amazing, but how are you going to accomplish something like that??" Welp, that's where YOU come in!

Though I may be enthusiastic for making this project, and I have 5 years experience in the Games Making Industry, as a Quality Assurance Tester, I'll be the first to admit that I only know so much about things such as Programming, 3-D Modeling, and other important things in making a game. Also, I'm only one person, and despite my best efforts, I can't do this by myself. So I'm right now looking for people to help out make this project a reality!

Below, you will find A link to my Game's Discord. You'll also find a link for my Application Form for this project. As of right now, I'm looking for people experienced in Unity Programming and 3-D Stage Modeling. I'm also looking for people to help with Concept Art, Character Designs, Writing, and several other Roles. However, if you'd just like to hang out in the server because you're curious, that's OK too!

NOTE: As of right now, we are no longer looking for writers!

https://discord.gg/J8vZM8c <- CWA Discord Server (Still a bit under construction!)
https://goo.gl/forms/ntZsRkj7ozEOl5XL2 <- The Application Form

Thanks for staying with me for this long, and I hope to see you there!
-NintendOni
Last edited by NintendOni on Wed May 30, 2018 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: Chao World Adventure - Fan Game Announcement and Recruitment Call

Post by NintendOni »

Extras - Concept Art

Below you can find some concept art I've been doing while setting this project up! I'll be posting more art, as well as updates as the project goes along.

Older designs for some of the Mini-Boss ideas for in game. Lower left Chao is early Hero/Brains/Run Chao Design

ImageImage
Turnaround for one of the NPCs in the Game, Ray the Flying Squirrel (Runs the Chao Laboratory [Chao Kindergarden])

Partial Turnaround for another NPC, Bark the Polar Bear (Runs the Chao Karate Area, Chao Hikes)

Concept Art for the Lobby Area, with Greenhouse Arch.

ImageImageImage
Older Turnaround Concept for one of the Bosses

ImageImageImageImageImage

Concept art for 5 of the monsters found in the RPG. Each of these monsters drop Small Animals in a particular Stat Group.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

Gosh dang. That is some impressive stuff.

You're good at this stuff.

Also, are you able to choose which alignment you want your character to be?
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by NintendOni »

epcthunderfist987 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:24 pm Gosh dang. That is some impressive stuff.

You're good at this stuff.

Also, are you able to choose which alignment you want your character to be?

Lo there! I'll admit that your character remains neutral, however you can buy/grow Hero and Dark Fruit, and the Hero and Dark garden is planned to help tilt your chao one alignment or the other.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

oh.

Well, your idea is pretty awesome, I'll give you that. Also, random question: by any chance will Cream the Rabbit be in the game with her Chao, Cheese?
Last edited by epcthunderfist987 on Mon May 07, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moogle
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Moogle »

Oh wow :surprise: :herosurprise: :darksurprise:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

Sounds cool! When my laptop is fixed and this comes out i'll get it. Can't get it on my family computer because my mom thinks everything is a virus :/
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

ChillyChao wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:14 pm Can't get it on my family computer because my mom thinks everything is a virus :/
Wow, maybe you should teach her about antivirus programs or something.

NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by NintendOni »

epcthunderfist987 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:00 pm oh.

Well, your idea is pretty awesome, I'll give you that. Also, random question: by any chance will Cream the Rabbit be in the game with her Chao, Cheese?
Not exactly. In fact, no really mainstream Sonic Characters are slated to appear.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

NintendOni wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:51 pm no really mainstream Sonic Characters are slated to appear.
Then why add Ray the Flying Squirrel? As far as I can tell, he's only been in one game.

NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by NintendOni »

Doing a weekly update!

--

ImageImage
As of right now, I'm working on the character creator for the game. Mostly studying how each part of the Avatar creation works, before importing it into Unity.

ImageImageImage

We also have 3 of the 6 designs for the chao gates complete, All work on these have been done by Satubare.

As of right now, the goal is to have a walk around demo in a few months.

--

Also, we have a small poll going on in our discord chat, on how we'd like the lobby to look! I've placed a picture of the formats that are being voted on above.

See ya next week!
-Nintendoni
NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by NintendOni »

epcthunderfist987 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:33 pm
NintendOni wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:51 pm no really mainstream Sonic Characters are slated to appear.
Then why add Ray the Flying Squirrel? As far as I can tell, he's only been in one game.
To be fair, a Lot of the NPCs in this game have been in 5 or less sonic games. I wanted to give them a little big of love/recognition
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Does that mean Mighty the Armadillo is going to possibly make an appearance?

azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

NintendOni wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:25 pm
  • An Additional Chao Evolution Line - Using the Intelligence Stat, your chao will be able to be able to go down another evolution path, known as the "Brains" Evolution. This line includes chao forms inspired by characters found in games made after the last 3D Chao Garden Game
You might need to completely rewrite the evolution system if you add a single new type of evolution given the way the sliders work. If there's five possible ways disregarding neutral, the intelligence slider won't have a stat assigned to its other end.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

If you want the Luck Chao in your game, assuming you want something opposite of Intelligence, I'll be glad to help!
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by NintendOni »

Hey there, update this week is going to be a little late, due to the fact I might have the flu. Sorry folks!
NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by NintendOni »

Hello everyone! It's a little late, but here's the update for this week!

As of right now, the Lobby is being worked on, with the final 3 gates to come.

The Avatar creation has stalled a bit, however, a UI mock-up has been made.

And here's a preview for the path to the Greenhouse!

Finally, there's a bit more information I'd like to convey, but I'll be handing that information to who is the mascot for our Social Media Scene..
--

Hi! I’m Wiki and-

Actually, could we not do this? I think it could dredge up some unwanted feelings towards me.

Anyway, I am Wiki. I am a highly advanced AI made for information gathering, retention and regurgitation, despite my lowly form. I have been instructed to use various forms social media in order to guide you through this world of Chao Raising.

To begin, let's start with the basics.

Chao are interesting little creatures that can take the on the traits and skills of various lifeforms, or absorb various energies like Hyper-go-on or Chaos Energy. Doing this can alter their shape, to the point where their very form can change drastically!

((Sometimes, not resulting in the best result…))

However, their small stature and soft, pudding like bodies, can make them vulnerable to all sorts of dangers, so they are normally driven to find beings strong enough to look after them. Yet, sometimes they are known to bond with other species, giving them the ability to make both beings stronger than they could be alone!

And by the looks of it, someone’s going to be entrusting you to take care of some of these creatures! You should be prepared for all the different forms they come in. on fact...

Some of them haven’t even been seen before! I haven't seen any of these specimens evolve yet, but I'm just as excited to see them as you might be!
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

Ooooh boy i'm getting hyped for this! Even though my computer is broken as hell and i
ChillyChao wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:14 pm Can't get it on my family computer because my mom thinks everything is a virus :/
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

One Question: Why does one of your Chao designs remind me of Sonic 06? I seriously get flashbacks when I see that gosh dang design. Also, this is looking better and better!

:chaohappy:

NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by NintendOni »

epcthunderfist987 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:10 pm One Question: Why does one of your Chao designs remind me of Sonic 06? I seriously get flashbacks when I see that gosh dang design. Also, this is looking better and better!

:chaohappy:
There might be a reason for that :3
NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: Chao World Adventure - Update Thread [Bi-Weekly or so]

Post by NintendOni »

Hey there! Back with another update, as well as an update on the updates!

Updates are now going to be bi-weekly to monthly, in order to have enough game update content to be fulfilling.

Greenhouse 3D Model in in progress, with updated look.

Chaobiusa Town Gate proto-concept

Mockups for RPG Exploration System / display

Also Wiki seems to have another update!

--

Hello again! I’m glad you’re back! I’ve been busy trying to find out more about what the place I’m in is like.

I have also found a campsite. It must be owned by someone who lives in this dimension. By the look of it, they have left their notes open. Let me see if I can scan these for any information.

"Small energy containment units, created from recycled crystals…. Can passively collect energy from Wisps... Can be used in a number of applications, including textiles, jewelry, weapons...

Due to it’s small size, more mischievous chao have been seen using these as ammunition in various ways. In addition, their bright colors make them resemble candy, which can cause accidental consumption. It is advised to keep out of chao hands of any size or age, or absent minded scientists."

So, wisps have managed to make the jump to this area as well. These things have the ability to get into everything- What’s this?

“...Though the transformation of wisps depleted of their energy are a known phenomena, there’s been a sharp increase of the amount of them recently. This requires more investigation...”

Oh. This is an unfortunate development. Let’s hope that this situation doesn’t become a bigger problem-

I believe my statement has been violently turned upon me.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

I read that last part about the wisps in a super ominous voice...
NintendOni
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: Chao World Adventure - Update Thread [Sporadically]

Post by NintendOni »

>REBOOTING SYSTEM. . .100%
>NOTICE!: WIKI WAS NOT SHUT DOWN PROPERLY LAST SESSION.

>PERFORMING DISK CHECK. . .100%

>ERROR: LAST KNOWN LOG OVER 360 DAYS AGO.

>RESTORING LAST PROGRAMMED SETTINGS.

Tag365
Egg
Egg

Post by Tag365 »

Can you create a skunk as an avatar?
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!