Will Chao Return?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Want Chao to Return?

Yes, right away!
74%
Yes, but I can wait.
20%
I don't really care too much.
1%
No, even if it could happen.
1%
No, because it won't happen.
4%

Total votes: 797

chaosulitmaster
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: Insanity is the only alternative.

Re: Will Chao Return?

Post by chaosulitmaster »

I have noticed one thing, chao (as pets) only appear in the SA series, which would mean, unless they add a new SA game, which is unlikely, chao will never return.

Just like TheChaoTheory said, SEGA won't so they don't get too popular and out shine Sonic.

so, in a way SEGA will never return to pet chao.

:( :chaocry: :cry: :no:
Linux is kinda fun.
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

They will! In Sonic Adventure 2 360! And in some other that I don't know the name!
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
TheChaoTheory
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Location: In a peaceful,relaxed location were everyone is happy and life continues to grow wonderful

Post by TheChaoTheory »

I just thought!,of a nother reason that maybe SEGA haven't released a game title with Chao as pet's.
Did you ever notice that after the president of SEGA america got fired years ago after the launch of dreamcast and sonic adventure?<well maybe the only reason sa2 had chao was to keep the system through the end of the sonic adventuyre series.
Then they made remakes because of popular request but then,sonic heroes came along,so maybe the old american,and maybe japanese,maybve even european SEGA employees got fired and new people cam in .and then it was all 06,unleashed,colours and then...generations.
I like these games but my point is Thats when sonic changed. :thinking:
Slayersen
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Slayersen »

:surprise: Hmm you have a point, i hope they realize what they have really done to sonic soon tho, also if they do make a new sonic game with chao (although unlikly) i hope to god that they don't get killed by release dates and due dates... :chaocry:
Every expert was once a beginner so stop the abuse towards new people...
Slayersen
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Slayersen »

:thinking: :surprise: What if they are just waiting for new revolutionary technology to come out in the gaming industry before making a new game with chao :walk:
Every expert was once a beginner so stop the abuse towards new people...
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

^Hmm, good theory...
The Shadic Chao
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao
Motto: If you've been stabbed, then someone probably hates you
Location: In the chao garden, stopping my baby chao from going in the water

Post by The Shadic Chao »

LULZ CHOA R BORIN I HATE DEM LILZ

Chao are amazing(ly cute :D) and we need them in the next sonic game OR I WILL KILL TAILS. THERE IS NO DEADLINE, BUT IF YOUR NEXT SONIC GAME HAS NO CHAO IN IT I WILL BLOW HIS BRAINS OUT :chaoangry: :chaoangry: :chaoangry:
teh steamz
LEVEL 42 FISH: im not fish my name is russel jimmies
Crash the Spooky Scary Skeleton: are you a monkey by any chance?
LEVEL 42 FISH: no i am a fish
weathergirl_8396
Egg
Egg

Post by weathergirl_8396 »

Hi, all! I'm new here!

Anyway... Yes, chao should return! The games are just not the same without the little guys... :cry:
All Hail to the Chaos Chao! :D
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

I am strongly surprised that I have never posted my opinion here.

Anyways, I would love for chao to come back; they're one of the reasons why I became such a huge fan of the Sonic franchise. It'd be interesting to see how some features would be in the current generation, and what new stuff they would add, and also how Wi-Fi would be used (if used). However, I don't see a new game with chao raising coming anytime soon, maybe SEGA/SonicTeam might surprise us one of these days. But either way, just as long as my copies of the Sonic Adventure series work, I can wait. For me, I don't see why I should get discouraged if they don't make another chao raising game if I already have one that works good enough for me.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

i'm still kinda bummed the one game that bioware did with sega, and the one game with chao as a point of gameplay, kinda sucked.
eboy's seme
Sinful Shadow
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Sinful Shadow »

i want chao back so bad
Last edited by Sinful Shadow on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaoloveicemdboy
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Yes chao will return

Post by chaoloveicemdboy »

I got some good news.The good news is that in a later update of Blitz Sonic Freerunner that chao is going to be added, but it hasn't been added yet. :darksway: Blitz Sonic Freerunner is a free fanmade game that you can download of course.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

TechnoGeisha wrote:i'm still kinda bummed the one game that bioware did with sega, and the one game with chao as a point of gameplay, kinda sucked.
I know what you mean. Sonic Chronicles certainly wasn't bad, but nothing compelled me to keep playing. Which is surprising, considering I like Sonic, and I really, really groove on some of the things BioWare has made (Baldur's Gate series).

The problem with Chronicles was, it pretty much said, "Hey, I'm an RPG on a portable. I'm going to act like it." Which is stupid, because BioWare is good enough to do whatever they want ... but for some reason they decided to not even try to innovate.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
epic icechao
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by epic icechao »

i want chaos to come back now now now raaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaa :herosway: :herocry:
icefang kill kill stab kill MWahahahahah o wait darn it were the good guys
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Love your enemy, even if they're jerks.

Post by Tri »

Hello people! I'm new here as you can see. Any way of course chao should come back! :chaohappy: Plus I've played part in trying to get them back. I tried to Cal sega but as you guys might know they only take messages. So I left them one and went to plan B. A really long email that was three paragraphs long!! Hopefully that will get so I've team's heads straight. Also I have to give Race the Chao some credit for the email. Or at least the person who found out the email. I don't have a good memory :wink: Anyway hope this gives the the rest of you a little hope. :chaohappy:

So you people don't tell at me, I remember now that it was porkchop. Sorry man. Or girl. I didn't check your gender. :herosway:

I've got bad news. Turns out that my email didn't send. Don't worry though. I'm going to try again. Chao troopers don't give up.
Last edited by Chaos the Light Chao on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try to not post multiple times in a row, please - just use the Edit button instead of Reply.
This is a REALLY old avatar, so thanks to SonicRainboom!

I finally got a deviantart! Only one drawing now, but check it out!
zerxin
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by zerxin »

Yea! Chao should totally come back! Sega/sonic team don't seem to realise that chao was a massive part of the sonic franchise and its what got them a load of sales. I don't really understand why everyone loves chao though. I mean I'm addicted to the little guys but it would seem like more of a 5 year old thing to be doing. Maybe its the whole training thing. Get your chao to be the best. Anyways back to the point, hopefully if sega gets the emails from all of us then they will consider placing chao back in. I mean there's almost 10,000 users on this site. They would be stupid to ignore us! :D
SonicRainboom
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by SonicRainboom »

Do I want chao to come back? Ha! Is Knuckles red? Of course I want them to come back! They added huge replayability (if that's a word) that far surpassed attempting to get an A rank on stages. They were pretty much the main reason I even got SA2B, and one of the most important reasons I got SADX. And they're adorable, and just plain fun. Imagine how much better they'd be on the Wii, with wi-fi so you could share your favorite chao with others and race/fight prize chao against people online. That would be awesome!

Maybe... maybe instead of just one person sending an Email to Sega... well, this site has well over 9000 (no meme intended) users, so we could just like SWAMP them in e-mails for chao! They can't ignore us if we did that...
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Tri »

I like where you're going with this. But we'd first have to make a sticky of some sort. Maybe a new board! But how?

Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

(000+ MEMBERS MIGHT SOUND LIKE A LOT, BUT YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:

1. dESPITE THIS SITE BEING DEDICATED TO cHAO, ONLY A FRACTION OF OUR MEMBERS ARE STILL INTERESTED IN cHAO.

2. wE ARE A tiny PORTION OF THE OVERALL sONIC FANBASE.

3. wE HAVE TO COMPETE WITH THE rETRO sONIC fANS, THE cURRENT gEN fANS, AND THE PORTION OF THE aDVENTURE FANBASE WHO DISLIKED cHAO FOR sega ATTENTION.

yOU WANT cHAO TO RETURN? yOU'D HAVE BETTER LUCK CONVINCING sEGA TO CREATE A cHAO kICKSTARTER AND THEN CONVINCING ENOUGH PEOPLE TO DONATE THAN YOU HAVE OF sEGA DOING IT OUT OF THE gOODNESS OF THEIR HEART BECAUSE A FRINGE GROUP ASKED THEM TO.
medoli900
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by medoli900 »

Slayersen wrote: :thinking: :surprise: What if they are just waiting for new revolutionary technology to come out in the gaming industry before making a new game with chao :walk:
Maybe the 3DS? :herosurprise:
That would be so nice,petting his Chao on 3D!
SA2HD ps3 ranked in almost all level! Gosh,even in canon core!Rank 33 in route 101 0_0 (puting ZERO to HERO from Hercule)
I received a beautiful deep blue and black 3DS XL! *_*
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Tri »

Yeah! That'd be cool!

Liina Angelia
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: Let the Wheel of Fate turn ever more~

Post by Liina Angelia »

I reckon it'd be intriguing if they made a game just for chao xD
Nisse's big sister<3
current avi is game version of what I look like..sorta
Saki: "feelings are a pathetic human weakness that should be purged along with the humans themselves"
Tira: "I travel with my sister protecting and providing for her, watching her grow"
Shiora: "I do what I do in the service of my Father, Lord Satan for that is my purpose"
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

I agree with TheChaoTheory, but, don't quote me on this, lot's of commas, isn't Sonic Adventure made by Sonic Team? I'd love to see them return in a new game, and maybe there are some skilled game developers on the site that want to make a game about them, I don't know... I might look into it aswell, as creating a Chao Garden in 2d isn't that hard, I think. The problem would be the Evolution System, I think.

Now that I think about it, I believe i have seen a Chao game, with lots of mini-games and a working evolution system and what not. If you guys are interested I'll look it up and post the link.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

Agreed. Chao are adorable, and they need to return. I was sorry to see that the Wii version of Sonic Colors (Which I thankfully got for my 14th birthday on Sunday this week) was without Chao.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

the DS version did