charecter releationships

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: charecter releationships

Post by Kausa »

Sorry Fox Boy, he is mine. You are too late.
Good try though, I appreciate the gusto.

@Pink
:3 I love this ship, always have.
I know hes young but oh well.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Purple Inukshuk
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Purple Inukshuk »

I ship shadamy, a lot.
Also KnuxRouge
And Silvase
...Ni...
My DA: http://purple-inukshuk.deviantart.com/
My Tumblr (I'm quite new there): http://www.purpshuk.tumblr.com/
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Ignoring the fact that "All Sonic Shipping is Crack Shipping"(TM), I have to admit that Sonic/Tails is quite possibly the cutest Yaoi pairing in all of SegaSonic, and Tailsko is my favorite Rule63 character for Sonic.

Also, 8 might seem young from the prospective of a human living in the United States, I think it worth noting that the Japanese are no stranger to the concept of young romance(not that Sonic Team is any good at romance period), and our standards of romantic and sexual conduct do not necessarily applied to anthros in any of the Sonic Continuity. I am pretty sure an 8-year-old Fox in real life would have at least 2nd generation decendents if it was even remotely seccessful in the procreation department.

Speaking of young romance, I think Tails/Cream is the cutest couple in all of SegaSonic, and possibly all of the Sonic Multiverse. Not that there is any reason to pair them up other than people wanting to force unpaired characters together.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Sega's and Sonic X's characterizations are archetypes with little to no development, and any romance between characters of either portrayal just grind my gears. I like the Archie Sally/Knuckles overtones pre Julie-Su.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:and our standards of romantic and sexual conduct do not necessarily applied to anthros in any of the Sonic Continuity. I am pretty sure an 8-year-old Fox in real life would have at least 2nd generation decendents if it was even remotely seccessful in the procreation department.

I would consider giving you this, if not for the fact that the ages in Sonic canon are handled like the aging process in humans. Cream and Charmy are 6, and they act like children of that age. Amy acts like a girlish love struck tween. Tails sounds and acts like a 8 year old genius, constantly trying to help out someone older he's put up on a pedestal and considers his hero.

The only hints of real romance/attraction we *actually* get are between the characters who have already hit puberty (KnucklesXRouge, RougeXShadow) and even KnucklesXRouge is an odd case because they seem to have the budding crush romance on each other, but Rouge apparently states that Knuckles isn't her type. Rouge seems to have ended up going after the more 'mature' (and I use that term extremely loosely here) Shadow. Of course Shadow doesn't want anything to do with anyone from the way Sega writes him so that wouldn't get anywhere either.

Sonic characters, even in Sega's poor ability to write, 'act their age'. Having a non-aged up Tails in a romantic relationship with Sonic, or ANYONE for that matter, is the equivalent of having an 8 year old and a 15 year old human being in a relationship. Extremely squicky. AmyXSonic is a one sided pairing at the moment, and Amy's feelings for sonic could hardly be considered serious. Once she goes through puberty and her brain fully develops she could find herself not even interested in the guy who's always running away from her.

TailsXCream is fine. To a certain degree. Toyshipping can't always be taken seriously as children at that age don't grasp the concept of romantic love. The best you could hope out of a non-cracky toyship is a close bond. Because that's all 'liking someone' is to a child. They don't know that it's 'normal' for couples to have disputes. They don't know that couples have to come to compromises and struggle through things. To children 'love' is just liking someone a lot and doing stuff together all the time. If you have a toyship going out on dates and wanting to be in a 'serious relationship' you're getting into creepy territory. Or you're writing their personalities as if they're teenagers.

Then again, this is Sega Sonic we're talking about. Sega can't write anything but static archetypes and will probably never develop beyond the defined aspects of a character's personality because status quo is god.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Personally, I think young people are capable of a wider range of emotion and forming stronger bonds than most of mainstream society gives them credit for, at least in the US. Then again, age is one of the few things that a person has no control over, yet can be discriminated against for, and most of society will either ignore it or defend the discriminator. Then again, maybe I have just consumed so much Japanese media that contain young and age gap romances with target demographics varying from young girls to middle-aged men and have been desensitized things that most of my fellow Americans would find repulsive. For the record, the only sexual taboo that I have not rejected as being the project of prudish mindsets is the taboo against rape.

I do, however, have to agree that Sonic Team is terrible at just about every aspect of storytelling, and even when they stick to a simple storyline, they tend to screw up on making proper use of existing characters and introduce new characters, some them almost as bad as the majority of fancharacters, when an existing character could fill the same role. The only Sonic game I can think of with a decently-written story is Battle, and if I am not mistaken, that was outsourced to a third party with little input from Sega.

As for Rouge, I have always interpreted her charact as being a "femal who is aware she has sex appeal, and is not shy to use that to manipulate others to her own benefit" not that that stops the shippers from reading her behavior as genuine flirtation.

In general, I hate it when people try pairing up characters in any franchise that has little or no romance present in the canon. Save the shipping for the series that contain genuine love triangles and more complicated arrangments. The only thing shipping in SegaSonic is is good for is furry Rule34.
Shadowkirby17
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: Green is not a creative colour!

Post by Shadowkirby17 »

Silver and blaze.
Maybe it's ghosts.