If you can make a Sonic game what would it be like!

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 1 week old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Cool Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

If you can make a Sonic game what would it be like!

Post by Cool Chao »

Now I know you guys are probably gonna say ANOTHER SONIC GAME WITH CHAO IN IT!!! But think about something else then having another Chao game! Think of the title and what the plot may be of the game.
TeamAZ
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Re: If you can make a Sonic game what would it be like!

Post by TeamAZ »

Sonic Boom Blast:
A 18bit game featuring Sonic and Shadow running through their own story,
trying to stop that Dr. Robotnik!

Features:
-Homing Attack
-Spin Dash
-Light Dash

Chao Garden:
Yeah, maybe...
Every time I bring a girl home, you try to eat her! Its not fair!
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Sonic Chronicles: The Rise of Dr. Eggman

A sequal to Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, telling the story of Eggman's rise to power while Sonic and crew were in the Twilight Cage. Gameplay switches between two modes, one the usual Sonic Adventure-style stages where Eggman fights through enemies on foot, and a "Mech-Mode", reserved for boss fights and bonus stages. Eggman hops into a gigantic mech and takes on competition in a first-person shooter segment, racking up points for the amount of destruction caused before the timer runs down. During the normal gameplay stages, Eggman must accomplish specific missions, such as capturing small animals to fuel his robots, or planting explosives to destroy enemy bases. In order to complete any mission, however, a set number of enemy robots must be reprogramed into servants of the Eggman Empire. This is done by acquiring enemy-specific tools, then sneaking up on the robots without being detected and inputing a series of buttons/stylus commands/Wii-remote motions in quick succession. Once the robot is reprogramed, it proceeds to follow Eggman around, after which it can be commanded to attack other enemy robots like Cheese does for Cream. Eggman must collect so many robot minions per stage and bring them to a check point before he can exit the level (much like the Flickies in Sonic 3D Blast), regardless of whether he has completed the mission objective or not.

Opposing the dasterdly doc on this scheme are the G.U.N. Commander, Eggman Nega, a revived Black Doom, and a once again treacherous Metal Sonic. Doom and Nega are working together in an uneasy alliance to take over the world before Eggman does- Nega promises to use his time travel device to save the Black Comet from annihilation in the past, if in return Black Doom will supply his forces with biological weapons. Metal Sonic, meanwhile, has usurped control over the robot army Eggman had spent two years carefully constructing in secret. Thus forced to retake his own creations, the Doctor sets out to conquer the Earth and put his rivals in their place with nothing more than his own two hands and an I.Q. of 300. Of course, there will be multiple endings depending on the paths chosen by the player during the game, with a final, secret ending in which Sonic returns early and Eggman must fight him mano-a-mano to secure control over the world.

Also, no voice acting of any kind. Ever.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
LvsTheGame
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by LvsTheGame »

I'd like to see SA3B. Except I'd want chao's to play a bigger role in the game. They felt like a hobby, or for some of us an obsession, but not really essential to the game.
TeamAZ
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by TeamAZ »

LvsTheGame wrote:I'd like to see SAB. Except I'd want Chao to play a bigger role in the game. They felt like a hobby, or for some of us an obsession, but not really essential to the game.

Just a fixin'...
LvsTheGame
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by LvsTheGame »

TeamAZ wrote:
LvsTheGame wrote:I'd like to see SAB. Except I'd want Chao to play a bigger role in the game. They felt like a hobby, or for some of us an obsession, but not really essential to the game.

Just a fixin'...
Just had to do that eh. -_-
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

A game where there are three playable characters. Sonic. Tails. Knuckles.

They have to stop Eggman. Same old, same old. Except that this game has as many flaws as an average Mario platformer. IT. JUST. WINS.
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

this RPG i am making is sorta related to sonic, but is about pokemon, but i'm not gonna talk about it, except there is a wisp zoo in the pokemon world, sonic is a friend of pichu, and then because people wanted to have wisps in a zoo (not adoptables)
TeamAZ
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by TeamAZ »

Wow, I'm thinking of programing Sonic Boom Blast, but then again...
GOLEM
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by GOLEM »

There'd be 6-8 playable storylines in the SA1 fashion. They'd be Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Team Chaotix, Obligatory New Character, and then maybe Eggman or Omega and maybe Blaze.

Sonic's levels would be Unleashed/ SatBK/SSR style, except without Unleashed's whole "get the right combination of buttons to defy gravity" thing, since that gets kind of annoying and feels a bit out of place.

Shadow would have SA-style speed stages, meaning tighter control, ability to stop easily with a jump, more emphasis on exploration and less on just moving forward, etc. He may get chaos spear and vehicles to seal the deal.

Tail's stages could be races like in SA1, but still racing Sonic, so the levels would be designed like the Unleashed ones. I feel like it'd be easier and pretty interesting to make shortcuts for Tails in SU-style stages.

Knuckles would obviously need treasure hunts, but have some amount of Werehog combat in them - meaning random parts where you stop and fight and earn new combos as you gain experience, not the whole stretchy arms thing, since that doesn't work for Knuckles. Besides that, though, he'd still have the glide, the wall climb, the digging and the radar. I feel like if the levels were really expansive and exploration-based but Knuckles ran faster than Werehog (which he should anyway) and the radar had a wider range and maybe five levels of color instead of three, it'd be a good combination of the best of Werehog and the best of Knuckles stages.

Then Chaotix could be brought back for a more polished version of the Sonic Heroes-style stages. It'd probably end up being a mix where you are able to keep the characters together or split up and have them go separate ways, switching between them to solve different puzzles. Of course, they'd be changed up a bit more than that to make the physics and speed gameplay less like Shadow's, and their levels would probably be about a fifty-fifty split between Reach the Goal missions and Find all the Blank missions.

The new character (since there always is one) would have a different play style altogether; it may even be a passive one where he's a human or something equally defenseless but meets a different Sonic character in each level. This way, each Sonic character will sorta have their own level. If the new character does fight, then it'd be like a cross between ShtH and S06, where the character would follow him and then have a large chunk of the level devoted to playing as them, and if he's a passive character, then it would pretty much be each character having one level to call their own. For example, Cream's level may be in 2.5D with gameplay a bit like Sonic Advanced 2, while Jet could have a level that's just a race or a similar level with an improved engine based off of Riders, Big could have a level with some fishing and some fighting, etc.

Gamma-style shooting stages may have their own story, playing as either Eggman or Omega. I couldn't come up with any ideas to improve upon the Eggman/Tails missions in SA2, but I'm sure it could be done.

As another possible story character, Blaze could have classic Sonic gameplay, meaning 2.5d sidescrolling with a spindash and a jump as the only attacks (getting rid of the boost since they're in Sonic's levels, of course). If she was in, Sonic's levels probably would not have 2.5D segments, but even if they would, lack of spindash and addition of boost, stomp, and homing attack would probably be enough to change it up.

On top of that, as suggested earlier, it could be rounded out by letting any character try any stage in the game, and that includes all of the characters with only one level with the new guy to themselves, which should be enough to prevent them from getting half-assed gameplay programming, which would be more likely with only one stage in the game.
this idea is two years old but still pretty much what golem wants to see.
Goron
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: love yall miss yall bunch of chao nerds!!! sa2 was fate

Post by Goron »

Sonic Underground: The Video Game.

It starts off with three playable characters in story mode: Sonic, Manic, and Sonia.

They've gotten together because there are the only ones left to stop Metal Sonic, he's kidnapped everyone and sent them to a different dimension. Now Sonic, Manic, and Sonia must stop him!

2P and Arcade Mode: Like stage select mode but you can unlock more characters in this mode by getting emblems! Some characters have special abilities! (You can also play 2P duh.)
it was nice to find my own little place on the internet
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

^No thanks, I hated Sonic Underground with the exception of the theme song.

I really like GOLEM's idea though.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
cala224
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by cala224 »

Sonic:Death and Gone

* Mostly between the Archie and Satam Comics * Time:6 years from now

Sonic has died by a necluer explosion and Eggman is ruler of Mobuise.Sally then asked Tails who has now got his PHD in Everything to make a special time machine to take Sally,Amy,Sonia,Manic and himself to the past to bring the 16 and 12 and 8 year old version of them to the person. * You ask why couldnt they find Sonic 2 mins. before the explosion to save him in the time machine. Well why could'nt they make one for Cosmo huh HUH???? SONIC SHOULDNT GET NO SPECIAL TREEMENT COSMO DIED AND SHE GOT NOTHING FROM SEGA * The past Sonic people and future have to deafeat Eggman.While the two Tails expirement on Dead Sonic's body to find out if they can save him.
Metalsonic3
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Metalsonic3 »

I started making a sonic fangame once, but kinda got bored xd I did quite a bunch of test levels and had fun with it, but never felt comfy enough with my engine.. for anyone who's interrested, my game had these features:
Sonic and Shadow as playable characters
Sonic advance style
Both characters have:
Boost, spin dash, wall jump, homing attack
Both of them had special moves, but slightly different ones:
Special: Sonic - summersalt, Shadow - teledash
Down-Special: Sonic - bounce, Shadow - chaos.. whatever move :P from sonic battle, shadow shoots some.. energy stuff downwards

Other than this, I had idea of making a game about Shadow's time in the Ark.. and another idea I have is kind of kingdom hearts styled game
RS Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by RS Chao »

Basically whatever they're doing with PS3/XBox360 Sonic Generations.

So, uh...
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

OMG I would make it for every game system and computer and it would have like three times as much stuff...
Sanpukuchao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Sanpukuchao »

Cool Chao wrote:Now I know you guys are probably gonna say ANOTHER SONIC GAME WITH CHAO IN IT!!!
That is what I was gonna say. I really want there to be a chao garden in the next sonic game. :(
Sanpukuchao the mountain lover.
Saz
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Saz »

SA3
Bassicaly it brings back SA style and the chao garden. The modes will be a bit different, Like the treasure hunt will be killing waves of enemies and a the end you fight a big enemy and get a chaos emerald. Fang will replace Rouge and have his gun. This game will explain how Shadow survived falling to Earth. The mech shooting levels will be more like survival. The level select will be like SA1 it will have 2p story and 2p vs. New animals will be obtainable as well as the old ones. The final boss is a more complete incarnation of Mephales. 2p story will let you play as both the hero and dark character.
The final boss can be playable in the 3 different styles, so super tails/knuckles will return and maybe even Fang will get a super form, Eggman will not be in the Final Battle. And maybe there will be a Chaos garden along with the original SA1 gardens.
ImageImage Is My Type Image Is My Attitude~
~Credit to NCC for this awesome banner, Saz(andora) is my name it comes from the words three and dragon. I am Saz™ on hatena OFTo~
#5816 User of Lemoy Mamoswine
Rayne
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Rayne »

Well, mine would be where you can actually play as Tikal, and other characters that aren't Sonic Tails, Shadow, Knuckles, Eggman, and Rouge.
I wish Lindsay was an Otaku too.

Danmakufu script: Nue Houjuu
RythenDevil
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by RythenDevil »

like sonic directors cut
and sonic adventure battle, you can play different people and different game modes
and chao will have their own game play maybe improved/add on some things, but they will not have anything to do with main gameplay (optional)
and you can go wherever you want in the stages, its not just a set track only in 1 direction
Marine_Chaos_Chao
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: That's just Grand-acious!

Post by Marine_Chaos_Chao »

SILVER THE HEDGEHOG! Not sure about the plot yet. :herosway:
'Allo Everyone! I'm Maci-Lena, and I've finally came back...you probably don't care, do you?
I'm a Mephiles fan, and recently an Eclipse fan.
I may decide to do commisions in the future, but for now, CI will be a place to be silly on.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

Sonic and Shadow agreed to have a fight one day, when they did, Shadows emerald messed up, along with all the other ones and created portals.
You can only play as Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Rouge, and Tails. Since they each had an emerald for whatever purpose. The world they are in
is a fusion of all other worlds, they soon realize that Blaze and Silver managed to get into this but they dont remember the others. The world they are in has
9 levels, but you have to unlock another set of 9 when your done with that, then one more set of 9 when your done with that one.
Silver and Blaze, along with some other people will be found in the first 9, because they managed to get sucked in too. And, yeah, there will be other... Things
floating around aswell.
help me
skwid79
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by skwid79 »

SA3 with the characters being Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Honey the cat and Blaze. I'd bring back the chao garden with new chao types too.
Message me on Discord if you so please at skwid79#4016
ChaosDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChaosDragon »

minibump

I would like a game where the usual Sonic crew all get kidnapped, and they cannot get out, so all the minor and long-gone characters have to go out and try to rescue them. Of course, chao would be there, and they could be the chao that you raise and their stats would improve how much they help you, ie: Strength= well, strength :P Run=attack speed fly=accuracy Swim=evasion Stamina=how long they can help you.
I is disappointment in you're grammar!
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Sonic Adventure 3, Sonic Adventure 3 everywhere.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!