So tell me why was Sonic 06 bad?

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Qnez
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: So tell me why was Sonic 06 bad?

Post by Qnez »

The only good thing about the game was its music, which wasn't even that good. The rest of the game is a terrible mess, even without the glitches, its horrible. Most of the playable characters play horrible. While silver was a good idea, the execution was terrible and he ended up being the worse out of the three.
This is the worse sonic game ever, and one of the worse video games ever.I would rank it among superman, big riggs and ET.
Don't make the mistake buying it to see how bad it really is like I did. You'll regret it.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Me and a page on facebook discused Sonic 06 and we came up with a solution.....Sonic The Hedgehog:The Way It Was Meant To Be
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Pros:Good music and some fun and interesting glitches.
Cons:Almost everything else!Load screens,story,level design,knuckles,rouge, and Elise!

I also didn't like silver silver either.Granted it was a clever idea and I think it could be better but it feels unfinished. His stages take forever, there is no variety for attacks(throw a box or projectile boom), and his story.
MrMisterMisterMr
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by MrMisterMisterMr »

People mostly disliked Sonic '06 because of the glitchy nature of the game, the weird time-travel storyline that should have never happened, and Silver. The game was rushed because Sonic Team wanted to get it out as a holiday release as well as a launch title for the PS3, and therefore had many bugfix opportunities lost. The load times for levels and cutscenes were also obnoxiously long for an XBOX 360/PS3 game. Also, the ending of the game rouses some controversy (as well as hate) due to that Princess Elise (a human) kisses Sonic (an anthro), which I guess is uber taboo according to some people.

If you or anyone else reading this ever plan on playing it, though, this is what I have to say about it:
I played through Sonic '06, and I have to say that it really wasn't that bad.
I found that the glitches were more funny than they were a nuisance, and just seeing them made me want to play the game a little more just to see what other ridiculous things will happen.
The only thing I have to say was terrible about Sonic '06 was the entirety of Sonic's storyline. It's seriously just Sonic the Hedgehog with a generic "Save the Princess" Super Mario Bros. plot. Also, those Mach Speed sequences were a pain.
Shadow's gameplay is more gimmicky than it is frustrating. You have to use vehicles in order to get through most, if not all, of his stages. His combat style was interesting, utilizing combo attacks after a regular homing attack to keep hitting those bigger enemies. I also thought that Shadow's story was the best of the three. I really like Mephiles as a villain. It's Neutral Evil at it's finest.
And then there's Silver. I really like his gameplay. I found that it was a nice change of pace from the Gotta-Go-Fast gameplay style that Sonic gave us and the vehicle-filled stages that Shadow had to offer. Instead, Silver's gameplay was a little more puzzle-oriented, using the immediate environment around you as your weapon.
So, yeah. I personally enjoyed Sonic '06 but I can fully understand why most people despise it. The glitches did get on my nerves after a while, and the load times did get to me when I was in a bad mood. But other than that, I found it was a decent game.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I really had to give my say on the matter.
Top Chao: Rust (4 Years Old); Shiny Jewel Yellow Dark/Run
Swim: Lv. 99 (2161) Fly: Lv. 99 (2161) Run: Lv. 99 (2750) Power: Level 99 (2186) Stamina: Lv. 29 (550)