best sonic cartoon

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

well?

sonic x
43%
sonic underground
11%
sonic the hedgehog (sonic satam)
25%
adventures of sonic the hedgehog
21%

Total votes: 28

XSonicX
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Re: best sonic cartoon

Post by XSonicX »

SonicX, without a doubt. :darkcool:
Cooky
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Cooky »

I liked Sonic X mainly because the other ones made Sonic way too cheesy.
One day they love us because we're unique. The next we're in jail because we're different
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

SatAM had a darker subtext than any Sonic media so far, and that same subtext persists in Archie Sonic now. Animals being rewired against their will is pretty much akin to torture in a family friendly show. Besides, Sonic's puns were a defense mechanism for him that helped him deal with the loss of his family and friends and the world around him, and Sonic struggling to find the courage to be responsible is a huge theme in old Sonic media. He was a well written character that grew and changed. Sonic X turned Sonic into a anime hero stereotype and stripped out realistic themes and character development in comparison to old Sonic media. Calling that Sonic cheesy really sells the character subtext short. This isn't to say Sonic X is a bad cartoon, but I fail to see how it takes itself more seriously.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "