Do Sonic & amy go together?

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Darksonicchao3
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Do Sonic & amy go together?

Post by Darksonicchao3 »

Well SonAmy AKA SonicXAmy is popular Couple Better Than Sonally
I like SADX
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Re: Do Sonic & amy go together?

Post by PinkIceFox »

And yet Sonally is more fleshed out, being from the story-superior Archie universe...
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

The Sonic/Amy/Sally Love Triangle only exists in the minds of those who cannot comprehend the fact that the different Sonic Continuities have no baring on each other.

That said:
In SatAM, Sonic/Sally is essentially canon.
In Archie, Sonic/Sally is essentially canon for most of the series, unless the story is written by someone who wants to bring in soap opera-like elements, and Archie Amy has never, to my knowledge, shown any romantic interest in Sonic.
In SegaSonic and Sonic X, Amy is an obsessed fangirl who borders on being a stalker, and this makes Sonic uncomfortable.
In all other continuities(excluding Fleetway, which I am ignorant of), its a moot point as Amy and Sally either do not exist or have an extremely deminished role(For example, Sally does appear in AoStH, but she's a one-off character instead of a recurring or regular character).

Also, as I said in a few other topics:
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:All Sonic Shipping is Crack Shipping.
Archie being the possible exception, as it actually has a well-flesh out cast of well-rounded characters instead of a bunch of random 1-line personality generic anthros.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

For Fleetway Amy, it is considered a matter of debate as to whether she is actually interested in Sonic romantically at all. When she first appeared she frequently lied about being his girlfriend (and got captured by Robotnik for her trouble) and flirted with him, but later on it was suggested her behavior was just designed to get on Sonic's nerves, which it did. As in, she just liked to mess with him. Sonic himself mostly reacted like his video game counterpart would- if much, much more mouthy- but may have had feelings for her that he himself was unprepared to deal with. This would have come up in a potential story arc that involved a love triangle between the two of them and Johnny Lightfoot (who was hinted to have a real crush on Amy and was the one who first wanted her to join the Freedom Fighters after he helped Sonic rescue her), evoking jealousy from Sonic, but then Johnny was butchered by the terror inducing Lovecraftian monstrosity that is Fleetway Chaos so it never materialized. In my own opinion both Amy and Sonic probably had romantic interest in each other, but Amy takes the whole thing much less seriously than her counterparts in other media and Sonic can't fathom a change in their normal relationship unless Amy stopped embarrassing him.

"Sally Acorn" as most people know her is absent from the STC verse. A character by that name showed up from time to time but she was only a little girl (younger than Tails if I recall) and was based on the female-ized Ricky early Western media envisioned before DiC made up the whole Kingdom of Acorns thing. There wasn't much romance going on there.

Then there's the creators' hopefully joking suggestion that Amy was in a relationship with her co-star from Amy's own strip, Tekno the Canary.

As for SEGA Sonic and Amy... Weeeeelllll.... I carried out this really long discussion on it's superiority to every other Sonic game pairing a while ago, but my position really boiled down to how very little there is to support any other game pairing in comparison (at least we know Amy loves Sonic :P). Jeff's pretty much right on that one: All Sonic Shipping is Crack Shipping.

Except, possibly, AmyXTekno. Hopefully not.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD