I heard people like Modern and Classic Sonics

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

What is your favorite type of Sonic?

Modern Sonic
50%
Movie/Show Sonic
No votes
Classic Sonic
25%
Other/All
25%

Total votes: 8

ChaoCake
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

I heard people like Modern and Classic Sonics

Post by ChaoCake »

Who I wonder how much people like a certain kind. :thinking:
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Re: I heard people like Modern and Classic Sonics

Post by Lamby »

Writing-wise, I prefer Archie Sonic, being that Archie understands character development and how to take Sonic seriously while still retaining a little humor. The Archie counterparts of Sega characters have dynamic personalities and are twice as interesting, not to mention there are hundreds of Archie-only characters and they are all memorable, unlike the game series shoddily put together characters. There is also a deep mythos in the Archie universe.

Fortunately, I don't play Sonic games for the writing. If I want writing, I can just read those comics. As a 20 year old who grew up with the series, I have to say that Sonic never truly found its identity until Modern Sonic (by Modern I am referring to more recent titles) that have more more interesting design and overall more unique mechanics. But I'll always enjoy Classic and Dreamcast era Sonic for what they were--decent platformers that got me into the series.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
XSonicX
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Re: I heard people like Modern and Classic Sonics

Post by XSonicX »

Modern Sonic has $ωαğ. Case closed. :darkcool: