Derpy moments in the Classic Sonic Trilogy

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Derpy moments in the Classic Sonic Trilogy

Post by Jack Augustine »

The Trilogy being Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3 (And while S&K isn't mentioned, nor is S3&K, I consider S3 to be Sonic 3 and Knuckles because S3 was meant to BE Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but they couldn't fit it all on one cartridge.)

Post pics of some of the derpy glitch moments where you can only wait for...

TIME OVER

or...

DIE

Try to describe how you got stuck.

Here's a couple of mine.

LAVA REEF ACT ONE: HYPER SONIC TRAPPED WITH NO SWITCH TO CONTINUE

I hit the Shooting Switch, as Hyper Sonic (with his Double Jump) and flew away before it opened. When I returned, the door was still shut tight. I had to die to reset it at the nearest checkpoint, AFTER all my Rings ran out. And yes, at the time I'd been waiting about a minute. I had about 80-90 Rings when I hit it.

SKY SANCTUARY: SONIC TRAPPED IN A SPIKED THING, NO WAY TO JUMP OUT OR MOVE

I got hit and ended up in the thing. Had to wait for a Time Over.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Re: Derpy moments in the Classic Sonic Trilogy

Post by Sable »

It's very possible to get stuck in the wall in many stages in Sonic 3. Myself, I've gotten trapped in Carnival Night Act 2 and Death Egg Act 2.

Mostly everyone knows this by now but in Sonic 2, if you fall into the spike pit in Mystic Cave in Sonic & Tails mode, every time you're hit, Tails will regrab the rings, forcing you to wait for a time over.

In Sonic 1, if you're going too fast in Green Hill Act 1, you'll die after coming out of the tubes near the end. Also, if you spin right after clearing Labyrinth Act 1, you'll crash the game on certain revisions. I know it works in Mega Collection-- if you don't know how to access the other revisions, I believe it's:

Up Z Down Z Left Z Right Z on the info screen for US2
Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Up Down Left Right on the info screen for JP.

That's only for the original GC Mega Collection, iirc. I own Plus, but my PS2 is broken so I can't check right now.