old or new sonic which do you prefer?

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

old or new sonic which do you prefer?

Post by tailsdolllover98 »

Hey! I'm back...

Okay I'm just wondering this cos I've been playing sa2b lately and the release of sonic boom being confirmed to come out in november (same month as my birthday)

So which do you prefer older sonic (up to sonic 06)

Or new sonic (sonic 06 and after)

Personally I'm older sonic. Sonic 06 proved my thought that sonic would be changed at sometime. Their voices changed. Sonic sounds like an old man trying to be cool. Shadow.....why change his voice.

They got rid of the spin dash! The spin dash was what made sonic who he is! For that factor I prefer the older ones
In the kalos region, catching pokemon and and looking for shiny ones too! If you can't find me there I'll be in freddy fazbear's pizza trying to ward off chica/toy chica

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

This is bunny. Bunny loves everyone...will you love bunny

FC 3711-8758-2388

krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Re: old or new sonic which do you prefer?

Post by krzys2 »

Why not both?evry single generation of sonic games hawe disadvantages and advantages, so it it hard to chose
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I remember when the Adventure duology was the new Sonic... then Sonic Heroes was the new Sonic, and everyone complained about how different those games were... and technically Sonic Colors, Generations, and Lost World are part of a new aesthetic that's markedly different from Next Gen, the Storybook series, and Unleashed.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Sonic '06 isn't that old though. If you wanted old vs new then Old would be the 2D games, and New would be the 3D games, which I prefer some of the 3D games (Black Knight, SA2, and Generations being my favorite)
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Sonic gens is good I do have to admit I liked it. But nevr got to get further than crisis city due to our xbox knocked over when I was on it :'(
In the kalos region, catching pokemon and and looking for shiny ones too! If you can't find me there I'll be in freddy fazbear's pizza trying to ward off chica/toy chica

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

FC 3711-8758-2388

Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Honestly, it doesn't make much sense to devide Sonic into only 2 eras(and as I understand it, Generations was originally going to have 3 eras covered).

At a bare minimum, I would divide Sonic into the Genesis Era, The Dreamcast/Gamecube Era, and the Modern Era, and even then, I'd separate out the handheld games to give the GameGear Era, GBA, and Modern Eras, and the Modern Console Era really should be separated into PS360 and Wii clusters with the Modern Handheld Era divided into 3/DS and PSP Eras.

Also, the only reason I'm not separating 7th and 8th gen consoles into separate eras is because there has only been 1 Sonic game release thus far this generation.

And I don't mention a Saturn Era because Sonic really didn't do anything during that time.

As for the question, I'd say I prefer the Genesis era overall to the Dreamcast/Gamecube Era, and I haven't played any Console Sonic newer than Heroes and I overall prefer the Advance and Rush Trilogies over the Gamegear games as far as handheld Sonic is concerned.
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

The reason I prefer the older ones is I was raised with them (I've been playing sonic since I was 3-4 honestly) so I'm guessing that because I was raised with the older ones I prefer them. Not the biggest fan of heroes tho

Love SADX (knuckles' story!) Love sa2b

All the games before that(sonic labyrinth o_0 I always got stuck :/ the bosses annoyed me! I was like how?)

Newer ones have seemed to have changed sonic a lot.

I did like sonic unleashed tho (couldn't get passed first night boss...)

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

FC 3711-8758-2388

BlueFlux
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlueFlux »

EvilPinkamina wrote:Sonic '06 isn't that old though. If you wanted old vs new then Old would be the 2D games, and New would be the 3D games, which I prefer some of the 3D games (Black Knight, SA2, and Generations being my favorite)
Sonic 0'6 is 8 years old (or 9 if you live in Australia, December 31st!) I consider it old.
Ivogoji wrote:I remember when the Adventure duology was the new Sonic... then Sonic Heroes was the new Sonic, and everyone complained about how different those games were... and technically Sonic Colors, Generations, and Lost World are part of a new aesthetic that's markedly different from Next Gen, the Storybook series, and Unleashed.
The good thing is that now Generations +'s time being something new will be archived in the bottomless pit that is YouTube sonic animations and commentaries.
Honestly the first new Sonic game that I've seen since I started being a Sonic fan is Lost World. Generations was the first Sonic title I beat, and it made me a fan along with Sonic 2 on Steam.
My favorite Sonic Game is Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

@evilpinkamena

I classed 06 as a newer one.....

And yeah that's a true point is anyone here gonna get sonic boom?

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

FC 3711-8758-2388

djinchao
Egg
Egg

Post by djinchao »

Old sonic is really the only sonic that I'll love. He has been with me through my childhood and I've made many nostalgic memories with him. Old sonic, R.I.P... :herosway:
BuRgAz...
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

OLD SONIC BEST SONIC.

There is little that can change my opinion outside a new sonic adventure game where I can play as Knuckles and have Chao again.

Generations was fun, though.

Old sonic also didn't have wisps.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Post by Jack the Person »

I personally think old Sonic's got a lot going for him:

Sonic the Hedgehog 1.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3&K.
Sonic Adventure DX.
Sonic Adventure 2.
Sonic Heroes.
Old Sonic games I didn't play.

What's new Sonic got going for him?

Sonic '06 No.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4. (Based on old Sonic)
Sonic Generations.

I'm still playing old Sonic 20 years later, I not playing new Sonic 2 years later... Self explanatory.
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!