Character discussion: Sonic the Hedgehog

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Character discussion: Sonic the Hedgehog

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

I can't believe there isn't a discussion topic for the Blue Blur himself! Sonic has always been my favorite video game character, ever since I was 6 years old, in fact, Sonic Rush was the first game I've ever played! I have always been a huge fan of Blaze because of this, and I still play the game to this day. Sonic has been and always will be my favorite character in the franchise (Espio and Blaze are up there though :wink:).
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Character discussion: Sonic the Hedgehog

Post by Ivogoji »

Index updated.

I was saving The Big Guns (Sonic, Eggman, Gamma, and Amy) for when I was sufficiently motivated to write something searching and personal, since I have a lot of emotional investment in those characters. But this is fine.

Sonic himself is my second favorite character after Dr. Eggman. He's a great protagonist, rich in personality, even back in the early days. He doesn't have much of a backstory or personal 'mythos' like Knuckles (Angel Island and the Master Emerald's mysterious history) or Shadow (the ARK, GUN, the Robotnik family and the intrigue wrapped around them), but then he doesn't need that; Sonic is the thread that weaves all the other characters' mythos together. He can be the hero of a lot of different kinds of stories, without being confined to one type of setting. He's flexible- Sonic can be a purely heroic character (Next Gen channels it best), or a borderline anti-hero (as the Fleetway comic wrote him), and indeed to quote Sonic and the Black Knight "I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while." And despite all those roles he's played over the years, what's essential about his character has remained largely unchanged throughout the years. Sonic is freedom incarnate: "I never look back. I've got no regrets. 'Cause time doesn't wait for me. I choose to go my own way".
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD