How old is Tails

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

T A I L S

Nah, he’s still 8
67%
He’s definitely grown/ no longer 8
22%
What is a Tails?
11%

Total votes: 9

YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

How old is Tails

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Is it just me? or does he seem to not be an 8 year old anymore?

Like he seems to be more 14-ish?
...it might just be his voice, personality, and played rolls that play apart in what he looks like..?

I dunno, what do you guys think? Is he still 8 in your minds?
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: How old is Tails

Post by ChillyChao »

Sonic turned 16 in Generations, so i assume Tails turned 9.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Sonic characters don't age. Even Sonic is officially still 15, so of course Tails is still 8.

Dunno why people always think he's a teenage. Even if time passed in the games (which it never does) he wouldn't have aged that much while everyone else stayed exactly the same.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Tails is, 100%, 8 years old.

The potential for vagueness is definitely in the voice, at least if you ask me.

Tails used to be voiced by actual child actors, but they switched like 3 times in 5 years, so chances are they switched to adults who specialize in doing child voices for consistency.

I can't really pinpoint an age just by hearing Tails' current voice, I can only come to the conclusion of "younger than sonic, probably", while the other voices made me subconsciously speculate "6-to-10".

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Sega Tails has always had traits that are improbable for an 8-year-old by real-world, human standards. I mean, how many 8-year-olds would know enough rocket science to modify a Biplane they presumably have only had access to for a few days to reach suborbital altitudes? Hell, how many 8-year-olds(or even 15-year-olds, remember the Tornado was in Sonic's possession before he ever met Tails) know how to fly a biplane? I think the driving age is total BS as are any age restrictions on getting a pilot's license, but even I have to admit the younger one is, the less probable it is you'd have developed the required skills to operate a given class of vehicle.

Of course, even if all the characters acted the way you'd expect someone of their stated age to act, the number of games that comprise Sega Sonic is great enough that its implausible that no one with an official age has ever had a birthday, and this is pretty much an inherent problem with any franchise that likes to keep characters perpetually the same age.

Of course, if you did want to trey to make sense of the SegaSonic teamline while taking all official ages seriously, the real question is how did Amy age from 8 to 12 between CD and Adventure when everyone else didn't age and how dis Charmy lose a decade between Chaotix and Heroes?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

^Sonic CD could easily take place four years before SA, we'd just have to assume it also takes place before the Death Egg saga (as absolutely everyone in the world did until a certain interview that I loathe took place).

Charmy's age Knuckles Chaotix was made up by the English localization team, just like everything else in the KC manual that has no relationship to the actual plot of the game.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Just thought of another on why Tail could not seem as young!
Model.
Character model.
Like comparing it to his Adventure or Heroes model (although they are majorly different in changing of the eras and graphics) he looks older than his Heroes self and his Adventure self.
I am well aware that he is 8 in both games. But models do make a difference. A major one at that.
Like look at Amy Rose. She does not look like a 12 year old. :darkno:
>_> maybe it’s because of his model is being portioned differently?
SEGA does what Nintendon’t