sonic adventure 3 ideas (share yours)

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Re: sonic adventure 3 ideas (share yours)

Post by Gondi »

^ That freedom is something that people said were in unleashed and generations, but it isn't the same. While it was better in Generations than in unleashed, you still would be on an alternate path for a couple of seconds before you had to go back to the main path.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Sometimes the illusion it is nonlinear is enough to provide the same satisfaction. At least to me.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I know the game-play clone thing gets pretty old, but I was trying to stay practical, and giving Espio his own mode of game-play completely different from every other character is kinda going out of the way. I figure though that a stealth aspect could be added to the treasure hunting stages- say, using the characters' unique abilities to sneak around enemies and pass through barriers (the same way Espio applies his invisibility in Sonic Heroes, or even the way Amy can turn invisible in Sonic Next Gen), like how Rouge's stage Egg Quarters involved sneaking around to avoid the Egg Beetles.

Yeah, the Genesis games really emphasized exploration by making different paths available to complete the level depending on which character you played. A huge criticism about modern Sonic games is the lack of freedom forcing you to follow a certain path. This really, really hurts a game's replay value and makes the levels less interesting.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Yeah, I'm with you there on the middle-ground approach. If the game-play for each character had some unique spin somewhere here and there it would stay decently diverse enough to make some game-play sharing acceptable.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Roxy
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Roxy »

-Different Chao Gardens
-Different Chao genetics, like being able to mate a two-tone yellow with a two-tone purple and get a purple and yellow chao
-An overworld (I kind of missed that in Adventure 2)
-More playable characters!
-Chao Garden has Wifi so you can race and battle your chao with others' (and hold tournaments :surprise:)
darklynk
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by darklynk »

CHAO!!!!
more chao gardens and playable characters
make iteasier to get a chaos chao and so u dont have to hack to get character chao
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

I never understood the attraction to character chao... they seem very uninteresting and uncreative. They don't even change their shape apparently.

Besides. There's one that looks like Amy. Things like this should just not exist, man.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
SonixtheHedgie
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by SonixtheHedgie »

My ideas are:Have all the main sonic characters,like Shadow,Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Roudge,Amy and Cream,but also i would like and Silver in the game,i want more chao gardens,maybe more and different small animals for the chaos,chaos drives and i don't want it to have Dark Story and Hero story lkie SA2 or SA2B and after collecting the seven chaos emeralds and defeat the final boss you can be Super formed charaters in normal levels.

Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ziroy »

i think there should be a metal sonic story without a upgrade and a silver story too my xboxlive gametag is LASTSONICFAN please add me. Hope i helped. :omochao:
sonic the hedgehog legend of zelda final fantasy dragonball z super mario brothers kirby pokemon and finally creepypastas are my thing
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

I would like to see something of a cross between sonic heroes and sonic adventure. You'd have several different teams like in heroes, and you would recruit characters as you go along that story path. Each character would have their own special abylity to use in level, and you could have three chaacters with you at a time in each level. The team would be something like this:

Heroes: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream - Their plot would be the usual save the world from Eggman, starting only with Sonic until he has to find Tails in his workshop, Knuckles for trying to find chaos emeralds, and has to save Amy from Eggman or something, with them meeting Cream after you bump into Cheese or something. In levels and in the adventure map, Sonic would be able to run over parts that you have to be really fast to get over, and spindash through gates. Tails and Cream would beable to fly for a bit, whilst being able to solve machine/chao puzzles. Knuckles could dig and glide, and Amy could use her hammer and spindash.

Chaotix: Espio, Charmey, Vector, Mighty, (new lion character) - Their plot would be to solve varius mysteries that actually turn out to lead them to help Eggman. Chaotix would've been disbanded, and Espio has to search to find them whilst solving the mysteries. Then they get captured by some lion tribe where they find Mighty, and later the lion guy joins them. Espio would beable to throw shruikins and the like, and use ninja stealth. Charmey would beable to fly a little, and plant flowers. Vector could smash hard things and dive under water. Mighty could do fast running like Sonic, and do Indiana Jones esque swinging. And the lion kid could dig and smash things.

Hunters: Nak, Rogue, Bean, Bark, Metal Sonic - This plot would co-incide with the others through the team trying to steal chaos emeralds from places. Nak decides to form a treasure hunting group, and forces Rogue to join him. They then search for Bean and Bark to help them. Also, near the end, they would discover Metal Sonic deactivated in Eggman's base, and use him. Nak could to the adventurer stuff like Mighty, and use guns. Rogue would dig and fly. Bean would be fast, and able to plant bombs. Bark could smash things and withstand icy temperatures. And Metal Sonic would be avoided by Eggman's robots, and able to do machine puzzled.

Seekers: Blaze, Silver, Big, Shadow, Ray - A seemingly random bunch, Blaze and Silver would be sent back to the present in some scientific disaster, and try to find a way to get back. First they'd encounter Big, who has lost Froggy again, and then Shadow, who believes Eggman can help, and wants revenge on Eggman for some reason. Finally, they would all meet Ray in the lion place, where he is looking for Mighty. Blaze could use fire attacks and jump really high. Silver would beable to work machinery and teleport. Big could use his fishing rod to grab things, and dive in water. Shadow could run fast and use guns. Ray could fly and do adventure stuff.

Then there'd be some epic plot twist final story bit.

I'd also want...
-Either Techno or Rock themed music. It just works so well.
-Chao, obviously. Preferable with more toys, emotions, breeds and minigames.
-Multiplayer modes.
-Lots of emblem challenges!
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
ziroy
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ziroy »

characters
1.sonic
2.tails
3.knux
4.amy
5.omega
6.metal sonic
7.rouge
8.eggman
9.silver
10.shadow
11.tikal
12.good chaos
13.final
and chao garden should come duh.
everyone should have the same levels just different difficulty
hidden emblems
emblems should unlock mini games
and chao races are 4 player for all consoles not just gc.
sonic the hedgehog legend of zelda final fantasy dragonball z super mario brothers kirby pokemon and finally creepypastas are my thing
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

Idea: They actually make one.
eboy's seme
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

TechnoGeisha wrote:Idea: They actually make one.
Yes, this! :')
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Sinful Shadow
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Sinful Shadow »

really all the need to do is stay true to how SA1 and SA2 were make improvements if needed and also have blaze as a main playable character (i love blaze with a passion)
Thomelion
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Thomelion »

1-2 Player Story Lines
2-More Chao,5 Gardens and Chao Sport
3-Different story lines,each char has 1.
4-Chars:
1.Sonic
2.Shadow
3.Tails
4.Knuckles
5.Amy
6.Silver
7.Blaze
8.Jet
9.Wave
10.Storm
11.Espio
12.Rouge
13.Sally
14.Bunny
15.Omega
16.Gamma
17.Chibi Sonic (From Comics)
18.Chaos (0,2,4,6 and Perfect)
19.Cream
20.Metal Sonic
Final.Super Sonic and Super Shadow

5-Secret Characters:
Shade:Collect all emblems.
Neo Metal Sonic:Beat all Sonic's,Shadow's and Silver missions with an S-Rank.
Mii:Beat all 7 starting chars missions with A-Rank or more.
Hyper Sonic:Collect all Chaos Emerald's in Sonics storyline,then look for Knuckles in Angel Island and talk to him.
Your Chao:Collect all emblems.
Beta:Collect all Chaos Emeralds in Gammas and Omegas storylines.
Omochaowalker:Unlock all other secret characters.

6-For 3DS
7-If collected all 7 Chaos Emeralds (Not the Sol Emeralds) in all characters storys,you can walk on adventure field with Sonic and Shadow as Super.
8-Sol Emeralds in Blaze's storyline.
9-4 players mode.
10-If collected all 7 Sol Emeralds,you can walk on Blaze's adventure map as Burning Blaze.
11-Hidden Bosses:
-Ix:Win 15 multiplayer battles as Shade.Then go to Angel Island.
-Hyper Knuckles:Unlock Hyper Sonic.Go to Angel Island,Knuckles from Sonic 3 & Knuckles will face you. (In good graphics)
12-7 different types of modes:
Action Race (Shadow,Sonic,Metal Sonic,Hyper Sonic,Super Sonic and Super Shadow)
Shooting (Gamma,Omega,Beta,Omochaowalker and Tails)
Treasure Hunt (Rouge,Knuckles,Shade,Sally)
Board Race (Wave,Jet,Storm,Shadow and Sonic)
Battle (Chaos,Silver,Amy,Bunny,Storm and Knuckles)
Stealth (Shade,Rouge and Espio)
Team,list of them:
3 Char:
1.Hero=Sonic (Speed),Tails (Fly),Knuckles (Power)
2.Dark=Shadow (Speed),Rouge (Fly),Omega (Power)
3.Rose=Amy (Speed),Cream (Fly),Gamma (Power)
4.Evil=Neo Metal Sonic (Power),Metal Sonic (Fly),Chaos (Power)
5.Comic=Chibi Sonic (Speed),Sally (Fly*),Bunny (Power) *She will use one of the Seal-Guy's (forgot his name) device to fly.
6.Babylon=Jet (Speed),Wave (Fly),Storm (Power)

2 Char: (Formed by Speed and Power)
1.Future:Blaze (S),Silver (P)
2.Truth:Your Chao (S,Chaos (P)
3.Treasure:Rouge (S),Knuckles (P)
4.Echidna:Shade (S),Knuckles (P)
5:Epic:Shadow (S),Sonic (S)
6.E-100 Series:Omega (P),Gamma (P)
7.Angel Island:Espio (S),Knuckles (P)
Last.Chaos:Super Sonic (ALL),Super Shadow (ALL)

13-Unlocking Chars (Look at -4)
1.Start
2.Beat Sonic's storyline mission:Showdown (Sonic vs Shadow)
3.Start
4.Start
5.Beat Sonic's storyline.
6.Beat Shadow's and Sonic's storyline.
7.Beat Silver's storyline.
8.Start
9 & 10.Beat Jet's storyline.
11.Start
12.Beat Knuckles's storyline mission:Emerald Fight (Treasure Hunt Knuckles vs Rouge)
13.Start
14.Beat Sally's storyline.
15.Beat Gamma's storyline.
16.Beat Amy's storyline.
17.Start
18.Beat Sonic's storyline.
19.Beat Gamma's storyline.
20.Beat Chibi Sonic's storyline.
Final.Beat all stroylines,except this one.

14-Secret Mode (Get all S-Rank in all missions)
You can use any char you want in any mode.

15-The game comes out.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=40675&p=1369504#p1369504

My RP,Tales of Chao.

Image Image Image Image Help the dudes!Click on them!
Sho
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Sho »

Although technically Unleashed counted as this (the Japanese title was Sonic:World Adventure), I think for a Sonic game to qualify as Adventure 3 (at least, for me) it would have to have these qualities:
  • 1.Vast character variety, while keeping the cast small. I feel recent games have just had too many characters, and while having different ones is fun, if you're just going to copy and paste the gameplay mechanic of one character to another, I think it's really a waste of time to develop more and then just use the same gameplay. That said, I think a count somewhere in between 6-8 would be fine. Another note, I think it'd be a good idea to have a self contained story for each character, and then one final story to wrap things up and tie any loose ends.

2. Well designed levels. Does the level feel like it's tacked together, or they just took an idea and ran with it? How well does it flow, and does it pertain to the character's gameplay style? If the level is used by multiple characters, does it occasionally overlap the paths and make it seem like it's one area instead of the same one redesigned 3-4 times? There's a lot of things that can make or break a level, and although I'd like to see some mainstays at least be mentioned or appear (like the first level usually being a ____ Hill Zone or some kind of well vegetated area...of course, I wouldn't mind a deviation from that. SA2/B pulled that off well, with....well, I think it's pretty much general knowledge at this point? I mean, there's been EXTREME!!! Sports in Sonic before (Snowboarding/the use of snowboards has been around since at least Sonic 3, probably even earlier), but it'd never been done in an urban setting, so that made it unique in that way). Although one thing is for certain, catchy music is a must!

3. Hub level/over world of some kind. Although it's hard to pull this off correctly, I always enjoyed the hub worlds in SA, and I definitely wouldn't mind it being brought back for the third/fourth installment in the series. Although removing it in SA2 made the gameplay a lot smoother, I felt it made the stories feel a bit short. Plus, it's always fun to goof around in the overworlds. Admit it, how often do you throw around the statue of the guy outside the burger shop?

4. Various side features to keep things interesting. Although having the Chao Garden return is an obvious must, I think a side quest (or two, or three...) in the hub world(s) that ended with a new hub (and new levels) being unlocked, which would open up the gate to more side quests, with more rewards, and more levels, etc.

5. (Somewhat) Balanced Level Count! I can't stress this enough! SA and SA2 both suffer from this, since the amount of levels each character has being varied. Sonic has the most in both, of course, since he's the title character, but some, like Shadow, who was sort of the co-star in the second game only got about four (or was it five?). Although it'd be impossible to balance the levels out perfectly, I'd like to see a general range of levels per character (Like, say, 6-9 instead of the very vast range of 4-13 in SA).
So with those qualities listed, I think it's time to move onto the characters (and gameplay styles) I have in mind for this. Once again, under cut for length.
  • 1. Sonic, of course! This spot is pretty much reserved for him. Nothing to change here, really. Why fix something if it isn't broke, after all? I would prefer some of the more over the top ramps/loops/corkscrews from the second game, though. I think it'd be nice to delve into his origins and how his longstanding rivalry with Eggman began, since it really hasn't been established in the game canon, and I'm pretty sure the comics and games are two separate continuities. Unless, of course, the very first ever Sonic game is his original fight with him (then known as Robotnik), but there really isn't any reason as to WHY other than 'Save the animals!!!!' So, perhaps it's business as usual (his story could jump straight into a battle with Eggman's latest scheme, similar to how the first thing you did in Sonic's story in SA was fight Chaos 0) until weird things begin to happen, and it all culminates into a final battle with a figure from the past!

2. Tails. Really, I think it'd be a good idea to stick to his (and Eggman's) polished version of Gamma's gameplay style from SA2, since it made things a lot more interesting as compared to "Beat _____ to the ______!!" from SA. Although I think making a few levels in the plane mode of the Tornado III (or possibly, at this point, IV, since I'm assuming it's been a while since the events of SA2 transpired) would add a bit of flavor to it, ala Sky Chase in SA. As for story, I think the Battle Cuckoo Army (from the Game Gear game Tail's Adventure, if I remember correctly) decides to make a second assault and Tails is the only one with the gear to stop it, with a few twists here and there.

3. Knuckles, to round out the power trio. I'm really tired of the "o noes teh mastar emruld is broked!1!!" excuse to make his levels to hunt the pieces of the Master Emerald. How about, instead of it breaking, it gets stolen, and the objective of each level is to track down evidence left by the thief to determine the identity of them instead? Like, say, a scrap of clothing or a hair, maybe some kind of energy trace from it? And the last battle for his story is a chase with the mastermind of this flawless theft that ends with the Master Emerald being returned to it's rightful place, and the crook behind bars, never to be seen again (at least, until his prison sentence expires).

4. I would like to put Amy in this spot, but to be honest, there's just really no way to have a constant gameplay style to her, which is why she's not very playable outside of spin offs and maybe a few main entries. The story...I dunno, she finally decides to give up on Sonic or something??? I dunno. So instead, I'm going to put Rouge here. Odd choice since it's weird to have her outside of the company of Shadow and Omega, but I think it'd be interesting to see her exploits as a thief/cat burglar/whatever, with her levels centering around stealth and getting a certain object (for example, steal a McGuffin of some sort from a museum exhibit, which is protected by a glass case and a high security system, with later levels ramping up the difficulty by adding guards, heat signature security somethings, etc).

5. Espio. An odd choice, yes, but I think Chaotix needs some love! His objective is to pay off the debt Chaotix has built up, so he's become a mercenary of some sort. Missions would vary, but they'd usually be assassinations with various settings or requirements. One, for example, might be to kill a corrupt politician before he can run for office, and your only chance to get him is at a press conference, and you have to strike from the shadows, and escape without being caught! Payment varies by how fast objective is met and a few things that could detract from the payoff, such as how many guards did you have to knock out, how many times were you seen, etc.....any money left over after the debt is paid (or earned via subsequent playthroughs) is added to the collective of rings you build up over the course of the game, which will be discussed later. The only problem would be how to keep it kid friendly. :P

6. So, to keep it at the bare minimum, I'm going to stop at #6. But anyways, I think Silver would be a good choice here, where, in his future, humanity has mostly rebuilt at that point, and his job is to help keep the peace. So when a gang starts to cause destruction and chaos, it's up to him to put a stop to things with his telekinetic powers! Items can be picked up with telekinesis and flung or stacked to create various structures (temporary ones, of course), and you have to catch a certain number of gang members every level, with different types added (such as ones that carry explosives, or create drones that attack you) as the story progresses.
Anyways, the rings, mentioned in Espio's section, would have a giant pool, which is added to at the end of every level (a mechanic in SA and it's sequel, which let you buy items for your Chao on the Black Market), and it can be used to unlock special features, such as alternate costumes, concept art, mini games, and of course, buy stuff for your Chao! In addition, the Chaos Emeralds are scattered throughout the hub worlds, and are obtained by either completing a quest or collecting them by finding them in the field! Once all 7 are collected (and the six stories are completed), the final story is unlocked, tying them all together.
Mighty Warrior of the Toaster