Should they make a Sonic Adventure 3?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
chaorain
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Should they make a Sonic Adventure 3?

Post by chaorain »

I've wanted to ask people if they thought it was a good idea to make another sonic adventure game it would be nice they'd bring back chao, make new types of chao, and make an awesome new story line. Now if you think this is stupid dont be mean about it, please.PLEASE thank you.
" The optimist says the glass is half full, the pessimist says it's half empty, but the engineer says it's twice as large as it needs to be."
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Should they make a Sonic Adventure 3?

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

First of all: Wrong forum.

Secondly: While I would love another game in the same style as the Adventure series, Sega would be stupid to call it Sonic Adventure 3, if only because of how that would taint consumer expectations.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

To be honest, I couldn't care less. I actually prefer Generations, Unleashed (not the werehog though) and Colours playstyle (the Wisps were meh) over Adventure's playstyle. Adventure was actually quite glitchy but no-one bothers to complain because "IT'S TEH BEST!!!!SEGAH BRING BAKK ADDVENTER AND MAKE ADDVENTER THWEE IT WILL BE TEH BEST SAWNICK GAM EVAR! EVERY1 AGREES WITH ME BECAUSE ALL SAWNICK FANS ONLY LOVE ADVENTER ANS AND NAWT THE OTHER GREAT GAMS!!!!!" I don't completey love the "GOTTA GO FAST RUN STRAIGHT TO WIN!" either, but I prefer it. Still, an Adventure 3 would still be good I guess.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Modern Sonic is still pretty off putting to me. I have never seen a more haphazard play style in a Sega game. In Generations the enemy placement gives you a split second to react, moving Sonic is like moving a bus (it should not feel like you're turning on wheels when a high speed segment curves) and Sonic has no traction--I feel like I'm ice skating forward where any wrong movements send me off the stage. Sonic is also overpowered. When I jump while running I should be able to spot my landing, not rocket ahead. However, you're right about one thing Crash, they're much better put together from a polish standpoint.

I think the next 3D game needs a new formula, because I'm a little spent on this one just like I was with the Adventure games.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
chaorain
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by chaorain »

[quote="Jeffery Mewtamer"]First of all: Wrong forum.

Secondly: While I would love another game in the same style as the Adventure series, Sega would be stupid to call it Sonic Adventure 3, if only because of how that would taint consumer expectations.[/quote/]

/\
|
|
Oops, I tried to make a quote but some of it got erased.

I accidentally put this topic on this fourum so sorry, I also thought it would be called Sonic Adventure 3 because they'd bring back the elements of the sonic adventure series and maybe even add more to it to make it better.
" The optimist says the glass is half full, the pessimist says it's half empty, but the engineer says it's twice as large as it needs to be."
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I like to joke that Sonic Unleashed is Sonic Adventure 3 because its Japanese title is "Sonic World Adventure". Typically, though, I do have a beef with people who say that Sonic games were never good in 3D and want someone to demonstrate to me how Sonic Adventure 2 is a bad game without citing just the camera angles as the problem and showing me again from the same year with a similar size in environment that can be considered better.

There were problems and advantages at the Sonic Adventure games had over the games that followed. The problems were mostly that they were Sonic's early rise into 3D and thus there were a lot of issues with most games during that time period, not just the Sonic Adventure games. They also weren't sure about the direction to take the game because when you look at the Sonic games the stories tend to be simple, but when you look at 3D games they seem to be more cinematic. The advantages were that was when Sonic didn't depend entirely on the heavy introduction of new things as major plot points. When you broke it down the game was still about Sonic and friends stopping Eggman from collecting all the emeralds for his evil purpose. This went down hill, at least for me, when the game started depending more and more on changing something in that basic formula.

The real problem is that SEGA and/or Sonic Team probably looks back when making games to think what was successful about their games. It feels like I spent a lot of time looking back at the Sonic Adventure games and trying to figure out what was so well received about them. Thus they tried multiple playable characters, introducing new characters and plot elements, and multiple other things that by comparison are different between the Sonic Adventure games and the Sonic games before them, but it hasn't worked out very well for them. Unless the Wisps were somehow their way of acknowledging that Chao were part of the success of the Sonic Adventure games, they completely missed that and have resorted to looking even further back into the 2D Sonic games hoping to reap that popularity.

Honestly I think a true Sonic Adventure 3 could help restore Sonic's name, but it would need to be a true sequel to Sonic Adventure 2. Whether it considers the actions of games that came after Sonic Adventure 2 canon or not should not matter. What should matter is that they weave a good story around multiple characters all having goals that result in them crossing paths. If they tried doing that then maybe Sonic wouldn't need to depend entirely on nostalgia to make a worth while appearance.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
skwid79
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by skwid79 »

I have a feeling it would be like modern warfare 3 otherwise a big disappointment.
Message me on Discord if you so please at skwid79#4016
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

To be honest, the Adventure series were the only sonic games that appealed to me. I have some others, but don't play them really at all. I even have Sonic Generations for the 3ds, but I still don't play it. I would buy a SA3.
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
qwerty79
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by qwerty79 »

^This
Sonic games seem to have lost their charm. I feel like newer games restrict Sonic's (or any other character's) freedom in each level. I miss being able to take shortcuts with Sonic' spin dash jump, or Tails' speed in SA. Plus the story simply doesn't seem to be worth watching anymore considering how corny the characters act anymore. Eggman used to be a threatening villain, who has since become a way to put comic relief in the games.
n00b150
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by n00b150 »

That would be nice.
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

They should make Sonic Adventure III! I actually made an idea for this before I read this forum. I have a looooooooong script of my idea somewhere in my room, and everyone I showed it to said that it is EPIC. If anybody reads this post, and replies to this, I'll tell you the introduction on an edit of post. Why not now? I don't think anyone cares… :surprise: :walk: :blah: :thinking: :blink: :sway:
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

You know, seeing most of the posts in this topic makes me sad.

They should make a Sonic Adventure 3, I don't see how it would mess anything up, it would be a good game if they did it right, and I bet alot of people would be glad they
made it.
help me
Ck.
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Ck. »

^This.

Though that only if they added Chao. If they didn't and they actually named it Sonic Adventure 3, SonicTeam would go straight downhill.
Current Build:
MSI 760GM-P23FX
AMD FX 6300 @ 3.8Ghz
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Heat Sink
GSkill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
2xSeaGate Barracuda 500GB HDD @ 7200RPM
Sapphire Radeon 7770 GHz Edition GPU
superchao101
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by superchao101 »

They should absolutly make a Sonic Adventure 3, i believe that seonicteam wont do it cause the last sonic adventure was like 9 years ago, but then again they did make a sonic the hedgehog 4. im just hoping :surprise: :darksurprise: :herosurprise:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^I have not played it, but calling Sonic's episodic, download-only game Sonic the Hedgehog 4 was a huge mistake on Sega's part. A name like that gave the entire pre-Adventure fanbase expectations of the second coming of S3K, but all they got was disappointment. Even if Sonic Team took everything the learned from Heroes, 2K6, Unleashed, and Generations and applied it to a new game in the style of the Adventure Series, calling it Adventure 3 would run the risk of alienating the entire segment of the fanbase if it does not match with their collective expectations.

I believe that Sonic Team is better off continuing to treat each 3D Sonic as a stand-alone game without making any direct sequels.
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

I agree about the freedom aspect, completely. You could always find new shortcuts, or even make some up yourself! I hated that you could only play as Sonic in games like Colours and Generations. It wasn't the same. And different characters aren't clones of one another. I loved the variety from say, Tails and Amy. Tails was fast and could fly very very high and had a large area to explore. Amy's gameplay was slower and more detailed, with different areas to access and more focused in. I love how it wasn't just 'race for the goal'. If they makes an SA3, they need more characters and variety.
(22:21:58) Linds_269: Someone beat Amy's vagina count
(22:22:02) Linds_269: hurry
avatar by CHOCO uwu ty New account is Ravenyte. :>
Ck.
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Ck. »

^Minty, so what your saying, is that they should make it more like SADX? Like no duplicates like SA2B (Sonic/Shadow, Tails/Eggman, Knuckles/Rouge)?

If you are, then I half agree with you. I think this a really good style, and would be used well in/if SA3.
But, as a comeback to that, I also really enjoyed they 'Hero VS Dark' style SA2B had.
(Also, Chao Related, it would be better/easier with the SA2B style, because or the Hero/Dark allignments. I hated having to buy fruit to change the allignments.)
Current Build:
MSI 760GM-P23FX
AMD FX 6300 @ 3.8Ghz
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Heat Sink
GSkill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
2xSeaGate Barracuda 500GB HDD @ 7200RPM
Sapphire Radeon 7770 GHz Edition GPU
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

if it has a chao garden..

YES.
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

SADX:DC and SA2:B are really the only Sonic games I've ever enjoyed (except like games for the Genesis, before I ever had a GameCube). I literally haven't played another Sonic game since those I think. We have Black Knight, Secret Rings, Unleashed, etc. I haven't played them at all. I was really only ever interested in Chao. If they made an SA3 (whatever they choose to call it), and there were no Chao, I would not buy it. Simple as that.
0490-5384-7218 this is my friend code. if you add me please pm me so i know to add you back! if i dont respond to your pm its bc i dont want to add you
[4:36:55 PM] minty kun: I heard someone say "it's the gay people's fault we have aids" go dip your testicles in liquid nitrogen
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

I want them to make a Sonic Adventure 3 only if they:

1. Give it a chao garden.

2. Give each character I can control a different play style. I don't want two sets of the same stages again.

3. Have adventure fields. (Preferably with secret areas you have to hunt for to find goodies like emblems or rare chao eggs/animals to give to the chao)

4. At least have the Chaotix involved in the story if they're not controllable.

5. BONUS ENTRY! Nack Nack Nack Nack Nack Nack Nack
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Fairy-red
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Fairy-red »

As long there is a Chao Garden, I'd love a new Sonic Adventure-like game. :< I loved Black Knight and Colors, but it gets boring playing only as Sonic all the time. Adventure 2 was the first Sonic game I ever finished, and I enjoyed it way more than Sonic and Knuckles (my first Sonic game) because of all the characters playable. Shadow is easily the best character still, even today. And heck, even bloody EGGMAN was playable, and could raise a Chao too! How is that NOT awesome?

There oughta be a spin-off Chao breeding game, like a Nintendogs, only with Chao...
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

PinkIceFox wrote:5. BONUS ENTRY! Bean Bean Bean Bean Bean Bean
Fixed it for you :3
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

Why have one when you could have both.
Television romance "
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

Crash32 wrote:
PinkIceFox wrote:5. BONUS ENTRY! Bean Nack Bean Nack Bean Nack Bean Nack Bean Nack Bean
Fixed it for you :3
Fixed it for Atomic :)
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

Atomic approves.
Television romance "