Shadow Chao Problem

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Shadow Chao Problem

Post by Snowy »

:sonicchao: :darkangry: well i am trying to make a shadow chao but i still cant get it can someone tell me how i get it?(i know i need to get a normal chao wich i have one & i have to give it dark fruit.... :darkcry: but how many?)
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Shadow Chao Problem

Post by SkyGinge »

A dark run/run chao is a shadow chao. Make sure it is going to evolve into a run chao, and feed it a heck load of dark fruit (I'm presuming this is SADX). Once it's evolved into a dark run, continue to give it a lot of run animals until your chao matches the shadow chao picture on the site. And there you have it!
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

so the chao just changes it's color everytime i give it green animals (run animals)??? :thinking: oh that means that it changes from it's green & black color to a red & black color right? :surprise: just a quick question if the chao has envoled into a sonic chao if i give dark fruit will it change?
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

No. Once it has evolved for the first time, when it's what I call the Teenager Chao (Evolved once), it can not be changed in alignment.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Other than getting a little confusing with teenage terms, LoudClaw is completely right. All of this stuff is onthe site, I suggest you read up!
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

I call it a "Teenager Chao" because Chao that have not evolved yet are known as Child Chao, and Chao that have evolved TWICE are known as Adult Chao. So, I call Chao that have evolved only once "Teenager" Chao.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

There are 2 things wrong with that.
1) All chao past their first evolution are "adult chao." That is just how that works.
2) There is no official "second evolution" cutoff. Right after their first evolution, they are in the dynamic second evolution.

SnowyTheHedgehog wrote:so the chao just changes it's color everytime i give it green animals (run animals)??? :thinking: oh that means that it changes from it's green & black color to a red & black color right? :surprise: just a quick question if the chao has envoled into a sonic chao if i give dark fruit will it change?
That is true, but there are some subtleties. The second evolution, the appearance changes involved after the chao has first evolved, is not only based on things given to it (animals, or drives in SA2B) but also based on age. When a chao first evolves, any changes it makes from run animals will be so negligible so as to not be noticed. As it ages, however, the process you described will happen, but be sure to give it time.
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

1.) Get an egg
2.) Hatch the egg
3.) Give it dark fruits & Run animals
4.) At a certain point, it shall evolve. If did correctly, it shall have green stripes (depends on egg. Look at the "Chao Gallery") and the spikes shall go strait up, with a small part down
5.) Continue to give it run animals. Later, the stripes may turn pinkish/ orange-ish. Its spikes will start to raise up.
6.) The stripes turn red, the side spikes go down then up like Shadow, and voila!
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

throw it against the wall and abuse it with tails
make it run for it's life
you'll be good.
eboy's seme