Stupidly easy Hard mode?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
AzureFlame
Child Chao
Child Chao

Stupidly easy Hard mode?

Post by AzureFlame »

Anyone have a hard mode level that's way easier than you thought it was? I did this with metal harbor. It's really pathetic for completion.
"Harmony will be found under a cover of darkness." -Myself
Sonic Chao
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: Stupidly easy Hard mode?

Post by Sonic Chao »

Gotta agree -- Metal Harbor's was pretty easy. :darkblah: City Escape's was rather easy, too.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

ALL of the treasure hunting stages are like this. If the items are always in the same exact spot everytime you start the level, collecting them becomes a walk in the park on the second play through.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^I would have to disagree. While the fixed locations of the objects to collect does make A-ranking Hard Mode in the Treasur Hunting stage a matter of practice rather than one of luck, I would have to say that some of the hard mode locations are difficult to get to even with practice.

That said, in general, I would say that for most Running and Shooting levels, by the time you unlock Hard Mode, you have so much practice on the normal version of the stage that the extra difficulty is greatly diminished in impact. Heroes' Hard Mode by comparison felt truly difficult largely due to the fact that you could play Hard Mode with little, or even no, practice on the easy or normal versions of each level.
chaoko
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: S A D B O Y S

Post by chaoko »

All the emerald hunts are so easy
I refuse to believe the sonic levels even have "hard" mode
The only real hard modes in this are the time limits for some
Obsidian Chao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Obsidian Chao »

Crazy Gadget in Hard Mode is pretty challenging. Eggmans levels in Hard Mode are a toughy too. I remember I struggled with Lost Colony for a while. Last Rush is touch as well.

There are a lot of tough levels that aren't a walk in the park in Hard Mode. Practice makes perfect though.

As for the Treasure Hunting levels, unless you have certain upgrades for Rouge and Knuckles (Sunglasses, Air Necklaces, Treasure Scope, ext.), most Emerald Shards are impossible to get. Let's not forget that one Emerald shard in Rouges level that has you run up to two rapidly swirling maces before doing that swirly jump kick thing in order to get it.
EliOceans
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by EliOceans »

I think White Forest is probably the easiest. The added stuff actually made it more fun, rather than more challenging.
Pssst. Thanks SonicRainboom for the avatar!
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

For me, all the hard modes are pretty easy when compared to the timed missions. Hard mode is just getting points to get the higher ranks. Timed missions require you to clear the level in that time or you fail.

If I get hurt in hard mode I shrug it off and continue. If I get hurt on a timed mission I restart the level because that's about 5 seconds I just lost and on certain stages every second counts.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Luuk
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Luuk »

Final Chase Hard Mode is stupidly easy to A-rank. If you kill most of the enemies, you will get 10000 points already, which is the requirement for an A.
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by 2012 »

I found the racing stage hard modes to be pretty difficult, due to that I was never able to get to the end in time, until I found out a way to go faster. All of the other hard mode levels were pretty easy.
This is the game where we play the gramps.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

To this day I cannot for the life of me beat Route 101 Hard Mode. Then again, Route 101/280's Hard Mode is essentially those stages' Time Attack mission.

Anyways, For Running and Shooting stages, just to unlock Hard Mode, you need to be proficient enough with the normal version to not only clear it on a single life, but do so in a fairly tight time frame. In other words, by the time you unloack Hard Mode, you have so much practice on the stage that the extra tricks pose little challenge. Heroes may not have the same polish as SA2B, but you have to admit that having the Hard Mode version unlocked from the get go made them a decent challenge.
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by naruto_chao »

"Missile launch in 15 seconds" my ONLY problem, as i tend to fall a bit
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

It's weird, because I've A-ranked Sky Rail on Hard, but I can't on normal.
ℒokiUni
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ℒokiUni »

Pumpkin Hill!

Although, I am the master of that level, I've played it so many times, so it probably doesn't really count in relation to how easy it is for others.
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

City Escape was pretty easy. I dont think the Hard Missions are that hard actually, especially compared to the timed missions.
papermario1998
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Coming soon to videocassette

Post by papermario1998 »

Cosmic Wall, Iron Gate, Mission Street, the Treasure hunting missions, and the driving missions.

IMO, In all actuality, the Hard missions are a joke compared to the timed missions for the most part.
I'm back from the WayBack machine, and I'm Knocking, again.
Furry Trash :cool:
RaspberryHeaven
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by RaspberryHeaven »

All the shooting levels are difficult for me. I find it hard to avoid getting shot when ambushed by enemies. I kind of rush into things though, so it's my own fault really.

Some of the treasure hunting stages are super easy, but there are times when I've struggled to get a certain shard. Usually it requires some obscure clue that doesn't tell you how exactly to open that stupid cage the emerald's behind.
SilverAndBlaze
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by SilverAndBlaze »

Metal Harbour is insanely easy.

Luck is just talent spelled backwards. Actually it's not, but it sounded good when I thought of it.