Which SA game is your favorite?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

SA
12%
SADX
27%
SA2
12%
SA2B
50%

Total votes: 26

XSonicX
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by XSonicX »

I like all four. What about you?
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Re: Which SA game is your favorite?

Post by Snowy »

Only SADX and SA2B
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

If I had to choose to play only one, then SA2/SA2B, if only because the mechanics have acceptable polish for its time and the level design is more competent than its predecessor's. The writing and characterization is equally awful for both games, so that isn't something that really sways me either direction. I suppose that SA1 has the advantage of more playing styles and adventure fields, but they're unrealized and unfocused compared to the three playing styles of SA2 and half of the playing styles in SA1 are forgettable, save for their novelty and feel clunky most of the time. I haven't really enjoyed replaying SA1/DX as much in quite some time. SA2 is not worlds better, but the design doesn't grind my gears as badly.

That said, I'm not about to say SA1/DX has no merits, because it is really plagued by nothing the majority of 90s platform games weren't, but as I've gotten older that game makes it very hard to forgive, particularly when games like Banjo-Kazooie have aged monumentally better despite preceding SA1.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Blur
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Up My Sleeve

Post by Blur »

sa2b hands down
GOLF WANG.
Rukov
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Rukov »

SADX so far, although I'm only halfway through SA2 at the moment and I'm judging SADX through memories, although I might buy it on Steam or buy a copy on Amazon or Ebay. (As I've heard a few bad things about the Steam version of that game.)
XSonicX
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by XSonicX »

I said which SA game, but okay. I plan on getting Sonic Shuffle for Dreamcast.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

sonic 06
Rukov wrote:SADX so far, although I'm only halfway through SA2 at the moment and I'm judging SADX through memories, although I might buy it on Steam or buy a copy on Amazon or Ebay. (As I've heard a few bad things about the Steam version of that game.)
steam and amazon = the exact same game
unless you're buying a physical copy of the 2003 one off amazon
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

I'd have to go with Sonic Adventure 2 as my favorite. It was the first sonic game I played since Sonic 2 waaay back on the ol' genesis. I had so much trouble with that game (still do, to be honest) that I hated Sonic games with a passion for most of my life. Then Sonic Adventure 2: Battle came around. We rented it one day when my brother's friend was spending the night.

I decided I loved Sonic the moment he ran down the wall of that building in City Escape. I became attached to all the characters and how I really got into the series. I thought Rouge was an awesome female character (seemed independent, whereas Amy revolved around Sonic's existence) and she was the first one I personally got to play as. The boys threw the controller at me when she waltzed into the gameplay. Then I discovered chao and basically fell in love with the games.

SA2 will probably always be my favorite game in the series because if I hadn't become obsessed with Sonic, Batty and I may never have discovered we had a ton of stuff in common and I wouldn't have him. D:

Also I never would have discovered Nack, Knuckles, Vector, and Espio. Truly SA2 is a worker of miracles and magic.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Definitely SA2B. Whilst both games are pretty glitchy, the second if much less and the chao, my main reason for playing the game, are more developed and easier to care for. The characters are written in a perfect way to appeal to the younger generation (I was obsessed with Shadow and Tails for years), and the levels, especially searching for the animals and stuff, have always been very entertaining for me.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Rukov
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Rukov »

Crash32 wrote:
Rukov wrote:SADX so far, although I'm only halfway through SA2 at the moment and I'm judging SADX through memories, although I might buy it on Steam or buy a copy on Amazon or Ebay. (As I've heard a few bad things about the Steam version of that game.)
steam and amazon = the exact same game
unless you're buying a physical copy of the 2003 one off amazon
I was talking about the physical 2003 version.
LJ DARKTHUNDER
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.

Post by LJ DARKTHUNDER »

Haven't played the originals so DX & 2: BATTLE :dark: :heroblink: :chao:
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: START DA BUS!

Post by JHock115 »

Gamma is my favorite Sonic character so SA and SADX are my favorite Sonic Adventures.