Comparing SA2 and SA2B Chao Gardens

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ςθηιс
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Comparing SA2 and SA2B Chao Gardens

Post by ςθηιс »

Why would they change them all to make them look practically the same in each garden? I think they looked much better in SA2.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Re: Comparing SA2 and SA2B Chao Gardens

Post by PinkIceFox »

Usually decisions like this are made due to system limitations and/or storage space issues. Perhaps something added into Sonic Adventure 2: Battle required extra space and the chao gardens were nerfed because they were less 'necessary' parts of the game. Perhaps there were glitches in the gardens due to their size and structure during the port from Dreamcast to other systems and they had to change things up to fix it? Who knows.

Though I would have preferred the SA2 gardens. They sound cool. I've never actually gotten to see them though.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
XSonicX
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by XSonicX »

The SA2 gardens are freaking cool. :darkcool:
LJ DARKTHUNDER
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.

Post by LJ DARKTHUNDER »

The gardens In DX are bigger but if your chao is evolving/reincarnating you probaly won't see them until they are done. In 2: BATTLE they are smaller and easier to spot your chao. It would be better if SEGA let you have more than eight chao in a garden though.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

I'd assume they removed them because they were unnecessary and took up room ingame.
A few models would take very little space in filesize. For example, Sonic's model in the PC version of SA2 is 100kb.