SA2B Emblem Glitch?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Sonina Hedgoose
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

SA2B Emblem Glitch?

Post by Sonina Hedgoose »

So I was playing through Tails' Prison Lane level to collect chaos drives for my Chao. As soon as I collect ten, i exit the level (unless i have a lot of rings) But anyways, i exited the level like usual, except this time, I got an emblem!

Um is this a glitch, or am I missing something. I had just beaten the Dark and Hero stories, but I'm pretty sure I got the emblems for both...
Dark_Heric
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: SA2B Emblem Glitch?

Post by Dark_Heric »

I think I've seen this. I've looked through the emblem results, and couldn't find 180; there was always at least a few(three, I believe) missing from the entire thing. And I got this happening to me roughly three times in my file.

I personally believe it's part of the game. It is my belief that what you got is an emblem for your playtime.
I'm a different kind of amazing. The type that isn't really that amazing.
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

I never acquired any emblems through such non-standard means and have counted the emblems on the results page many times. They always add up and there are 180.

Sonina, did you watch the credits or did you quit/turn your console off?
The emblem for beating either side's story is awarded after the credits and on the gamecube it would be lost if you didn't let them run to completion. On the PS3/360, however, trophies are awarded at the beginning of the credits, signalling an additional save point. It is therefore possible that the game was left knowing you'd earned an emblem but not having awarded you it and sought to do so at the next possible opportunity.

Alternatively, go to extras and check the emblem results, see if there's anything you haven't earnt.
Sonina Hedgoose
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Sonina Hedgoose »

I watched both credits all the way through. To be specific, i beat Dark, then Hero (I was on the Sonic vs Shadow battle for Dark and Sonic's final level in Hero) Then I beat the first level on Last, but quit story mode when the fight with Biolizard started. I gave my Chao the chaos drives I had with a Hero and Dark character. Did a Hero level (and possibly collected an emblem) then went to Prison Lane to fill up the rest of my inventory with chaos drives. Exited and poof I got an emblem.

But i will check my extras. I'll also check my playtime to see if I've hit any milestone-y numbers. I've never heard of any playtime emblems, but that would definitely be an interesting discovery.

Edit: On this file I have about 44 in a half hours. There also doesnt seem to be any emblems on the extras i shouldnt have...
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

Unless something happened in that hero level, I have no idea what could have triggered that. Last story is a little glitchy but it shouldn't have effects that linger for more than 1 level.