Sonic Adventure glitch (I think)

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Peterson123
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Sonic Adventure glitch (I think)

Post by Peterson123 »

I recently got sonic adventure on the Dreamcast and i'm playing through it for the first time (played it before on GC), and where the gold chao egg normally is, the rock was there instead (the rock you hot swap with the egg in the museum) and there is nothing where the rock is supposed to be. Also I am able to get multiple of the silver and black chao eggs found in the adventure fields. I'm not sure if this is how it is supposed to be, but if anybody could give me some help that would be great.
Pinkolol16
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Sonic Adventure glitch (I think)

Post by Pinkolol16 »

The gold egg incident sounds like as if it were played before but I'm not too sure
the Silver and *something that isn't black mono* is definitely something I haven't heard of.

That's all I can say.
Chao are still epic. It's like this thing is following a timeline, lul.
So what's up lul.
Peterson123
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Peterson123 »

I got the game used, but i didn't have any previous save files of the game on my VMU. I'll start a new game and see if the problem is just with the file, and not the whole game.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

The previous owner probably had gotten the chao you want and then deleted the files. I don't think you can get them back, though.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

You'd have to delete the chao save data, not the game data. The eggs are stored in chao data and its most likely they had already been obtained in another save.
Peterson123
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Peterson123 »

I just started a new file, the gold egg and rock are in the correct locations, but the other two eggs wont reappear after I get them. So now I have one file that behaves correctly and one that I can get unlimited silver and black(two-tone grey) eggs.
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

Chao Garden and S.A. use different save files. In the GC version at least. You may have an already existant Chao Garden. I say this because it would be pretty unfair if you make a new save file just to get another gold egg. However, I can't explain the silver & black eggs.
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

I've heard of that happening before..infact, once I got two silver chao on the DX version..but my game froze shortly after and I lost both of them. :I had to delete both sa and chao gardens files to start over.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.