Chao Raising or Story Defeating?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
iLucky
Egg
Egg

Chao Raising or Story Defeating?

Post by iLucky »

Which one do you like better or mainly do?
Chao Raising, or traveling through the story line?
I love to Chao raise! :surprise:
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

Re: Chao Raising or Story Defeating?

Post by Ciao »

Depends on the game, and story.

In Sonic Adventure 1, I prefer the story modes. The chao raising system doesn't feel as intuitive as it does in SA2B. Sonic's story is especially fun, but I have a good time with Tails and Knuckles too.

In Adventure 2... things get a little trickier.
I love Sonic and Shadow's levels in that game. I believe they're some of the best 3D sonic has ever had. I especially like Final Rush, since it has so many different paths to take and secrets to find. During those sections, I love the story.
Only about half of the shooting levels are any fun, and the treasure hunting levels can go jump in a well. During those sections, I'd much rather be raising Chao.
Since that means I only like one third of the story, I guess you could say I'd prefer Chao raising.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

When I actively played the Adventure Duology, both the story and active Chao raising took a relatively small amount of my time compared to getting all the Emblems that don't come from finishing the story or raising Chao. Having someone stand in the water in the Chao garden while I do something more productive while my Chao age probably accounts for the bulk of my logged game time.
MarkeySpirit
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: It's not ogre, it's never ogre

Post by MarkeySpirit »

Honestly, Chao raising in SA2B, even if I'm not raising the Chao, and I'm doing something else, I still find the music very relaxing, and I might pick up the controller, and mess around for a few minutes, as a brain break if I'm doing homework.
Albedo
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I know all there is to know about Mario and Sonic.

Post by Albedo »

I totally loved the story mod in SADX, but in SA2B my favorite thing to do was raise my chao. Speaking of chao, my two best chao reincarnated a few days ago.
I AM A CASTLE CRASHER!!! ~ Pelter
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

Ciao wrote:Depends on the game, and story.

In Sonic Adventure 1, I prefer the story modes. The chao raising system doesn't feel as intuitive as it does in SA2B. Sonic's story is especially fun, but I have a good time with Tails and Knuckles too.

In Adventure 2... things get a little trickier.
I love Sonic and Shadow's levels in that game. I believe they're some of the best 3D sonic has ever had. I especially like Final Rush, since it has so many different paths to take and secrets to find. During those sections, I love the story.
Only about half of the shooting levels are any fun, and the treasure hunting levels can go jump in a well. During those sections, I'd much rather be raising Chao.
Since that means I only like one third of the story, I guess you could say I'd prefer Chao raising.
I'm with Ciao on Sonic Adventure 1.

For Adventure 2, I also agree sans treasure hunting and shooting levels. While I enjoy most of the treasure hunting stages, I feel like the shooting stages can go jump in a well. They're repetitive, monotonous, and lack real strategy. "Hold B button down, spin in circles, don't get hit, release B button, everything dies, hopefully you didn't get hit." Next room … repeat this. Said rooms are separated by platforming that is often frustrating due to how the walkers interact with ledges. I reckon y'all know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!