Official Sonic Twitter and Tumblr are teasing Sonic Adventure 3 or something related.

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Official Sonic Twitter and Tumblr are teasing Sonic Adventure 3 or something related.

Post by chaoadventures »

^Eh. The pessimism in this room makes me feel like we have a 50% chance of this working in our favor.

@Crash:
Spoiler:
- If anything they got a break.

- The Steam versions are clunky because they don't have Y/X axis support. (As in the control stick)

- SA2 on the GameCube feels much better. I CAN FEEL THE PRECISION. Controls still not tight? That's because you're a fool. When I play other 3D games like Epic Mickey, Psychonauts, Mario Galaxy,
I actually feel like I'm missing some form of freedom in my movement. As for Sonic not homing into the right stuff? One of the few things I haven't run into while playing Sonic '06, is that.
(Weird, right?) They know more about stuff like this so, that problem left years ago. SA3 should be free of that. Doing the wrong action? There's two versions of that:
City Escape Hard Mode, where they put floating rings above a pit and you can use the Bounce Attack instead. (WHY)
And the I-pressed-B-and-I-did-a-somersault-instead-of-Light-Dash-even-thought-I-was-close-enough. That's your fault.

- Rayman Origins was a great game. BUT. You can't compare 2D to 3D very well. Apples to Oranges doesn't work very well. (I know Legends happened, but the point stands)
That's why I can't say whether or not SA2 is better than Sonic 3. (Besides, Sonic 2's final boss is cheap. No rings? That's how you're gonna up the difficulty? That's it? Make me dodge lasers or something.)

- What's so bad about the Wisps? (Oh wait. All Sonic Generations gave you was Rocket and Spikes. WORST. CHOICES. EVER. Rocket only shows up for like 2 levels and leaves. And it's not used like that.
Spikes is the only one I hated in that game. If anything they're on par with Classic Sonic's inconsistencies with the original games.

- Sonic Colors was "nerfed", but they added in things to the point the difference is as big as the difference between Unleashed's Day stages and Generations Modern stages: NOTHING.

- If everyone buys it, they'll REALLY know it's time to quit. Sonic 4 Episode 1 is almost enough to push most people off the edge. Some have already left. Some are still here. If they play a bad
Sonic Adventure game, well. Chances are they'll leave too. If SEGA wins this round with a bad game, chances are they'll lose the rest because they have no more trump cards left.
(It's like Sonic '06 and Episode 1. They sold well, because no one believed that the game was bad. Then they played it.)
Chapon93 wrote:The only major glitch I've seen by default is the tram hovering above Sonic in City Escape on the PC version, and that's not in the original game.
Exactly. The only (repeatable) glitch I've found is falling off the second loop in Emerald Coast. Which only happens to me about 5% of the time to me.
The rest are a very few one-hit wonders that I can't blame the playtesters for not finding, because I can't make them happen again.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Official Sonic Twitter and Tumblr are teasing Sonic Adventure 3 or something related.

Post by Mamkute »

I don't know what to expect, but I do enjoy the ridiculously cryptic riddles being provided by the Twitter and Tumblr.
For it to truly being SA3, though, it needs a chao garden. And being actually a good game would really help, too. I still have faith in Sonic Team to make a good game, even still, if they just stop being ridiculous.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

"Don't think I'm a runner"
"Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up"

"Runner up"

The second best selling (the Runner Up) Sonic game is Heroes, which is the canon follow-up to Adventure 2 (or Adventure 1, I can't remember). Many people also consider Heroes to be Adventure 3.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Sonic Heroes being released on Steam confirmed
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

In all fairness, Heroes is arguably overdue for a digital release, and it already has a PC release, so it's not like they'd have to start from scratch porting it from GC, PS2, or Xbox.

Regardless of what the powers that be decide for the next major Sonic game, I don't think we have to worry about them reintroducing flaws from 15 year old games that have since been fixed and remain fixed, and if the next game is made by Sonic Team themselves, I wouldn't worry too much about poorly done things from non-Sonic Team Sonic games making it in.

Now that I think about it, what games were actually made by Sonic Team since generations? I'm fairly certain Lost Worlds U was Sonic Team and Sonic Boom was all outsourced, but I'm not sure who did what for other official Sonic releases post-Generations.

As for Wisps, most of the ones that made it in to Colors DS felt fairly decent to good for random power-ups, though I'm not sure any of them would've worked as well in 3-D, and I'm under the impression Colors Wii had a much larger selection and Lost Worlds expanded it further, so it's quite possible quantity over quality set in at some point. Still, even with refinement, I'm not convince the gameplay mechanics provided by Wisps wouldn't be better suited to an original IP rather than shoehorning them into Sonic(Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wisps were originally pitched as a new IP but executive meddling lead to them being shoehorned into Colors or colors starting life as a non-Sonic game and executives insisting it be made a Sonic game).
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Also, rereading through the text in the image, it appears that the secret that is to be recovered from the inside of the empire is the fated son of Daedalus (AKA Shadow).

Since this post is shorter than my last one, I'll also state that the Wisps work great in Lost World and I hope they return in Adventures 3. Another few things I'd love to return are the Super Emeralds and Super Knuckles & Tails, but it's been stated that there are no plans to ever bring those back.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

^Hm. Shadow was in a stasis tube in one of Eggman's vaults. And Rouge opened it at the beginning of Heroes. Of which, she claimed to be Eggman's secret treasure.

Also: Sonic attacked Eggman's fleet at the beginning of Sonic Unleashed. Why does this matter?

Well, when you go over the events, they can be summed up like this:

Sonic went into the empire, and found Eggman's secret weapon he "flew too close to" (He landed right on to it actually,) as Super Sonic
and was drained of his powers (Read: Wings) and fell from space.

Hmmmm...
This is very strange.

- - -
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

Sonic Unleashed being released on PC confirmed...?
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Yo, it's a ****** game about a blue hedgehog with an attitude defeating a man shaped like an egg. Stop reading into it so much, it's nowhere near as deep as you think it is.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

Wow, I guess people on a Sonic The Hedgehog site are talking about Sonic The Hedgehog in detail.
That's strange.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

There's a difference between talking about a series in detail and theorizing about how it's referencing an ancient mythos and is secretly hinting at something bigger than it actually is.

At the most it's just a new game, I highly doubt Sonic Team is that forward thinking as to include references to mythos as a hint for what the game holds in the future.

Also the sarcasm is unnecessary.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

There's nothing wrong with attempting to look into something a bit deeper. Besides, we haven't even gone that far.
(I do admit my own theory has, but that has nothing to do with what the Sonic Twitter's been posting.)

Also, "Fun Fact": Sarcasm is never necessary. (But seriously, has it ever been necessary? When I use it? When you use it? When anyone on the planet uses it?)

- - -
CFood
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I'm excited for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

Post by CFood »

Spoiler:
What I'm reading:
I'm personally not a fan of the wisps. Why do I need a powerup to do a spindash?

I liked the old TV Monitors with fire bubbles and bombs. Didn't really inhibit the gameplay. It's Sonic, I want to blast through, I want to go, well, fast. I don't like how the wisps slowed down gameplay. Let's go, go, go, aww I have to use this hovercraft thing to scale this wall? Like, that's cool in Mario, but that's not what I want in Sonic. I have to use this blue cube to change the active platforms? What is this, Mighty Switch Force?

I liked Laser, LIghtning, and Frenzy. I have qualms with everything else though.

I would like Spike, but if I remember correctly, you can't spindash normally in Sonic Colours, it really does bother me that they made it a powerup. Like spindashing on walls and ceilings you can't normally get on without momentum? Spindashing and breaking through hard metal? Those were awesome. But I need it to spindash at all, like, come on.

Basically rogerregorroger's thoughts, so, if you watch his Sonic Dissected series at all, I very much agree with him and will probably end up restating his thoughts.
Look at dem ocarinas tho:

So you like Chao right? (Well, obviously) Hey, take a look, support the movement, maybe we'll get SEGA to release a Chao Garden app for smartphones??
Facebook · Twitter
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

CFood wrote: I have to use this blue cube to change the active platforms? What is this, Mighty Switch Force?
YES.

(This is guy is called Zonic, by the way.)

Yeah, the Wisps did interrupt gameplay, but since most of them were 2D exclusive, I felt more like they made those sections more interesting, instead of being some shoddy version of Sonic Rush.

- - -
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Sonic Adventure 3: Featuring... Umm... That green rad Sonic guy from the comics... Hang on, lemme Google this.

Sonic Adventure 3: Featuring Scourge the Hedgehog

And yes, Scourge IS a real thing that was actually in the comics. It looks like some Deviantart OC.

EDGY
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

Gross, I own these comics somewhere.
I remember loving the original Sonic comics many years ago. They really dropped the ball after those first few years.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

I actually like the comic characters that I'm aware of. I've never read many comics (the only ones I ever even completed were the first "When Worlds Collide" comic and a SatAM comic). The only comic-exclusive characters I'm even aware of are the Sonic Robot Masters, Scourge and Shard. Shard is my favourite of these characters, but I also found the Robot Masters cool. Scourge has always been kind of a "Meh" for me. He looks ridiculous, but I wanna know more about him.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

STC is best Sonic comic.

Nova: Buzzkill much? I'm pretty sure the entire point of the twitter and tumblr posts was to encourage speculation like this. And in all seriousness none of the ideas anyone has suggested here are that strange, especially since the franchise has drawn on mythology and symbolism before.

Besides, you can NEVER examine a cryptic reference in a pre-release campaign too deeply. NEVER.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Post by Goat »

The fun posting sonic twitter is the best thing ever, and Sega is only putting itself on the map with it's newest release of free games.

At a time like this, the second great war of sega and nintendo might only be starting if they have any intention of competing with them again.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

- - -
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

CFood
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I'm excited for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

Post by CFood »

chaoadventures wrote:What war?
I'm honestly waiting for Super Smash Nintendo and Sega All-Stars at the Olympics at this point. It would be a better war than Mario and Sonic
Look at dem ocarinas tho:

So you like Chao right? (Well, obviously) Hey, take a look, support the movement, maybe we'll get SEGA to release a Chao Garden app for smartphones??
Facebook · Twitter
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Considering that video only has to do with sonic getting stupid and not with Sonic Adventure 3 being teased, it's safe to assume he doesn't
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

No, he's talking about how the games are garbage but make tons of $$$
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Crash32 wrote:No, he's talking about how the games are garbage but make tons of $$$
Implying SA3 will be garbage.