You know...

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

You know...

Post by retrolinkx »

I still wonder why I come on here day after day. I mean, I like a lot of you guys, I can have interesting discussion, an entertaining argument, or just some mindless fun, but it feels as if these days, Chao Island is nothing more than a task.

I check it to see if there is anything to do to occupy my time, and then wait for a response to mine. It's an endless task and it's not very fun.

Right now, all I do is wait for any interesting threads, or check old posts, and I mean old posts going as far as 2008.

I don't know if it's because of all the interesting users leaving, and the users that used to be interesting just dying out, and don't try anything anymore, or because the influx of new users has just pushed us out of the mainstream, and we're sort of known as "those guys you don't mess with".

Still, it could just be me. Maybe I'm just tired of this site, maybe it's because I'm tired right now, maybe it's because there is nothing interesting to do right now.

What about you guys, why do you come here everyday?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: You know...

Post by ShadriaFan »

This is the only forum I go on, but I really just go to see if theres any non-sonic/chao rp up that interests me, watch any troll drama flaming the site, see if anyone pm'd me, help younger chao breeders, or just to update my art topic. I can't see myself leaving the site all together but I am starting to slip back to a occasional post once or twice a day depending on how active the rps or drama is.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

i come here because i have nothing better to do to waste away my meaningless existence as a talking monkey on an organic spaceship
Last edited by Sable on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

To pass time. Even though I should had left a long time ago, I still waste my time posting one liners in crappy Chao Rps and be annoying for no reason. ( which I can't control ) But seriously, people have taught me so many things her- I mean, I learned stuff here. And If I do leave? I'll just comeback after a few personality/attitude/reaction changes.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

In all honesty, I continue running back here to talk to friends. I'm very close to my friends, and I wouldn't like to abandon them.

Which is strange, because it seems that a lot of my friends are beginning to abandoning this site... :(

I also frequently visit this site to check and participate in Chao/Pokemon Rps. They are fun and they pass time whenever I'm stuck with nothing to do.

I agree, Many people just suddenly became inactive, Maybe because of school?
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

I only come back to this forum every few days to check the current topics and maybe make a couple of posts. When I compare that to how I was from 08-10, where I would be excited about making posts and would be good friends with most of the users; it makes me wonder what changed. Possibly it could just be because I've gotten older while the age of the newer members(which takes up most of the active members here) are about the same age I was when I joined the forum, so I struggle to have conversations with them that I find interesting.
To be honest though, the only member on here that I can still class as a really close friend is Phazon, because we speak on skype pretty much every day. Now that isn't to say that I don't class other members on here as friends, because I do. It's just that I don't feel close to them because I don't come on here that often and I never even dare go into the chatbox these days.
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

there are some people i like and the chat makes for alright background noise
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

REMEMBER: YOU'RE HERE FOREVER
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: How to cure an obsession: Get a new one

Post by moonsoul »

I don't come on here everyday, but I try to keep myself up on what's going on here, whether I feel like it or not. I mean, being a mod makes it important that I'm aware of things.

But I think no matter your position, if it starts being unpleasant to visit everyday you should take a break.

When I get bored of the site I try to start interesting topics, but it can be hard to come up with things or put effort into it.
Vampires smell good.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

I come here...
SnowyTimeHero wrote:To pass time. Even though I should had left a long time ago, I still waste my time posting one liners in crappy Chao Rps and be annoying for no reason. ( which I can't control ) But seriously, people have taught me so many things her- I mean, I learned stuff here. And If I do leave? I'll just comeback after a few personality/attitude/reaction changes.
And...
NachoThePikachu wrote:In all honesty, I continue running back here to talk to friends. I'm very close to my friends, and I wouldn't like to abandon them.

Which is strange, because it seems that a lot of my friends are beginning to abandoning this site... :(

I also frequently visit this site to check and participate in Chao/Pokemon Rps. They are fun and they pass time whenever I'm stuck with nothing to do.

I agree, Many people just suddenly became inactive, Maybe because of school?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I only know of a handful of forums where people discuss stuff that actually interests me, and this one is easily the friendliest. While there isn't always that much going on around here, I haven't had much reason to leave or find greener pastures, so I stay. Usually the activity picks back up in time.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Poseidon
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Poseidon »

i'm here every day, but i pretty much just lurk on my phone when i'm bored.
the only time i post with any frequency is when something here makes me angry or genuinely interests me.
& i sometimes post pictures of gameboys or drawings.

otherwise,
i just
creep
around
Gameboy Surgeon, M.D.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

I'm in two roleplays. Otherwise, I mostly lurk unless I find something that intrigues me or makes me care enough to post.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I don't even post that often. I get on and check if anything interests me but most the time nothing does. I suppose I get on because I can't bear to leave. There's too many good memories and friends here. Even if most of them haven't spoken to me in forever. I just like that it's a small community and I recognize everyone.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

If Brandon weren't here to share in the fun I'd have left a looooong time ago. :3 Or I'd have stayed gone as the case may be.

I stay for mild amusement.

Also to report posts sometimes.

Also to post when I feel like it.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

I stay because I have no reason to leave, and I don't think I would ever have a reason to leave. CI is usually the first thing I check, and it's kind of a large part of my life, and I have no reason to push it out. I may post if I feel like it, and go in the chat to talk to some friends casually. It's just sort of my home, and I want to be the one with the bragging rights of being one of the very few, if not last veteran of my time of joining.
help me
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

Chocolate_Chao wrote:there are some people i like
my only reason. and even that doesnt drag me back as much as it used to. idk. I feel very disconnected now.
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

I visit here because this website has been on my most visited site list when I open a new tab since early/mid 2009. So it's like, well, I guess I'll check on CI for anything interesting...
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
Tails Doll
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Tails Doll »

I sorta feel the same. After a few years, the excitement of it all kinda faded away and left me repeatedly clicking the new posts, or "show you posts" link. After a while I realized that I was too dependant on this sight. It was becoming the only sight I ever visited. So I withdrew from it. Now I monitor the amount of threads that I get involved with to make sure that I can quit from CI at any time, without having any obligation to stay.

Now I consider CI to be a good place to discuss things or ask questions, since I'm already part of the community here.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

ci has worked it's way into my daily routine, i'm not even kidding
i wake up, then check ci
before i go to bed, check ci

bah
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

SO I CAN LAUGH AT THE FOOLS WHO RESIDE HERE
mainly because it's a very lenient place
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

Linds 269 wrote:
Chocolate_Chao wrote:there are some people i like
my only reason. and even that doesnt drag me back as much as it used to. idk. I feel very disconnected now.
And nostalgia
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

lol the friends excuse
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

mmhm.
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

This is only one forum of many that I visit out of several, so I don't really burn myself out. I joined when I was 18 years and 11 months going on 19 just over a year ago, so I don't really have an emotional attachment to the site to disappoint. That, and my closest friends from this site aren't terribly active here, but talk with me near daily via Skype (which if you want to get to know me, is where you can find me and where I'm the most fun.)

I visit because being a positive figure makes me feel good. To tell the truth, though, any outlet that allows me to discuss things, thereby allowing me to practice my rhetoric skills, is fun, and the main reason I join forums at all. I also remain to aid young writers and give them constructive criticism on their work and to aid the staff by filing reports. As for the rest, being what I think is a nice or productive guy and finding out when someone appreciates it really makes a forum experience worthwhile.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "