Sadx swimming

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Sadx swimming

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

Chao with the ability to swim backstroke from an otter sometimes also does so in the races and never have to breath.

Also sometimes chacron's swim stat is very very high. Higher than 9999. And sometimes it is so low he finishes last. Has anyone else had this?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Sadx swimming

Post by Crazo3077 »

Do you have evidence for the beyond 9999 stat? I ask because I have a Chao that was accidentally Gamesharked into having having 9999 in its swim stat, and it swam like a dart in SA2B, but if I recall correctly, a Chao with 9999 in any stat in SADX can easily find itself out of bounds. Specifically, I recall Chao with a high swim stat actually swimming in a weird zig-zag pattern, which made it harder for the Chao to race.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Crazo3077 wrote:SA2B[/url], but if I recall correctly, a Chao with 9999 in any stat in SADX can easily find itself out of bounds. Specifically, I recall Chao with a high swim stat actually swimming in a weird zig-zag pattern, which made it harder for the Chao to race.
As in a zig-zag in the final water stretch after the cliff jump? Because that happened to literally every chao that raced when I played SADX and grinded Chao a lot a few years ago. None of them swam in a straight line to the finish.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

This is actually a glitch. I didn't study it enough so I can't exactly tell you why it happens/what causes it but it has happened to me before in the past. However I don't think Chacrons stats are over 9999. Their probably just really high sometimes on accident (4000 is the highest the game can go to without hacking tools)
toffyflame
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: SA2 is what I do!

Post by toffyflame »

if you end up putting 9999 as the value the game glitches because that number isn't even in the number range
Sonic Adventure 2 is what I do! wish me luck on the road to 180 Emblems :surprise:
Trash-ItTrevor
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Trash-ItTrevor »

I know in SA2 at least, stats that high can lead your Chao to run out of bounds, but thay's rare. But it's practically guaranteed that it will FLY out of bounds, and continue to fly in circles forever.