The Brexit (Happened)

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

The Brexit (Happened)

Post by Goat »

I personally hope that the UK makes the right decision and leaves the crumbling EU.

Do the right thing guys, and cut the head off that bureaucratic monster

Subject: EU Bashing/EU Praising, UK, JmT if I see you post an Amy I'm going to ****
Last edited by Goat on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Re: The Brexit

Post by Pentagrami »

all i know about the european union is spain destroyed it and itself by initially falsely reporting a better national economy that it actually had just to be allowed to stay in
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

as a uk citizen I'll be extremely infuriated if the uk decided to leave the eu

leaving has benefits such as:
- lack of immigration > lack of new young workers which boost capital/lack of NHS staff
- cutting of funding of the nhs due to lack of capital that we get from the eu (yes, we do get more in than we put out)
- ability for human rights to be changed by British govt. (Brussels laws are to protect us)
- 400k British citizens (from Spain alone) forced to migrate back to the U.K.
- longer airport waiting times when travelling within the eu
-trading within the eu made more difficult
- lack of investment from countries such as America due to there being no English speaking stepping stone that is also in the eu (they can just invest in Ireland)

but yeah! go ukip! make Britain great again!!! out with the immigrants!!!!!!
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Ravenyte wrote:- lack of immigration > lack of new young workers which boost capital/lack of NHS staff
- cutting of funding of the nhs due to lack of capital that we get from the eu (yes, we do get more in than we put out)
- ability for human rights to be changed by British govt. (Brussels laws are to protect us)
- 400k British citizens (from Spain alone) forced to migrate back to the U.K.
- longer airport waiting times when travelling within the eu
-trading within the eu made more difficult
- lack of investment from countries such as America due to there being no English speaking stepping stone that is also in the eu (they can just invest in Ireland
Can you elaborate? Problems are never as obvious as they seem after all
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

not sure what you want me to elaborate on, the ones you crossed out or the ones you didn't? regardless

- less immigration isn't necessarily a good thing. many immigrants from the eu are young workers; i.e people who will contribute to the society, get jobs (usually jobs that uk-born citizens dont want to be doing!), therefore boosting the amount of money spent in the uk and therefore the money in circulation; therefore boosting the economy. very little immigrants come here just to laze around from benefits and scrounge from the nhs. that's just not what you do. in fact, a significant number of nurses and doctors are immigrants!
- we get more money from the eu than we put in. therefore with more money > more money to invest in the nhs. simples. immigration thing explained above.
- the laws made in brussels are human rights laws; i.e. that everyone in europe has to abide by. theyre in place to protect us; so that no one in the uk can change the human rights laws that are established in the eu just for the uk. it's not a bad thing that some of out laws are made in brussels.
- it's not just immigrants that want to come and live in the uk. a lot of british immigrants live in the eu, too. if we';re going to put a cap on immigration, we're going to see a huge influx of british immigrants returning from eu countries and being forced to live in the uk again.
- it takes longer to travel to a country outside of the eu than inside of the eu. therefore, if we are not part of the eu, commuting and general travelling will take a lot longer
- eu was set up for easier trading alongside other things. leaving the eu will probably make it more difficult to trade. and before you make the norway argument; they have free trade laws because they have an agreement with the eu that means they have to allow immigration from the eu. what makes ppl think that britain will be any different?
- american companies often use the uk as a "stepping stone" for trading within the eu; it is an english speaking country, close to europe and is in the u. if we pull out, many american companies will likely move to ireland because although further away geographically, it is part of the eu and will have better trade links. therefore lack of investment = worse economy

im no expert by any means but i do know basic stuff about this. i think its impossible to have all the benefits of the eu and none of the drawbacks. sure it has its faults, but we worked So Hard to get in (charles degaulle stopped us from entering for a long time), why suddenly leave when things get difficult?
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

I've seen projections that the EU would collapse and has repeatedly threatened Britain with penalties as well as some analysts predicting world war 3. This is of course saying nothing on how they've began to treat Poland as well when they refused to accept migrants.

I think it's a good thing for the UK to leave an abusive relationship, especially if the EU is dying and bleeding as it is.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

wouldn't equate the eu to an abusive relationship. to be honest, the uk wouldn't be able to hold its own internationally. we're stronger as a group of countries, and if we're in the eu, at least we'll get some say in what's going on.

what do ww3 predictions have to do with anything?
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Those predictions were coming from the people who want the UK to stay with the EU, it is an example of how desperate people are to keep the union.

Also, I think the fact we're speaking English right now proves that the UK can hold it's own internationally
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

We're speaking English because it's the language America speaks moreso than because we're from England. If America spoke a different language, the chances are the world would accommodate that language over others, because America is a world power and Britain kinda really just isn't anymore. We're not a small country, sure, but we're not the empire we used to be. Not by a long shot.

I think Brexit is exceedingly dumb. We have a huge bunch of people from numerous different countries - some that don't really benefit much from us staying or leaving either way - telling us that leaving would be a dumb decision. Even the bloody French are telling us that we're better off not leaving, but people like Boris Johnson and Michael Gove still say "no they're wrong! we're definitely better off leaving". If we leave, we're thrust from a world where we're doing alright, in a group with a bunch of countries to a world where suddenly we're alone and we have to deal with hoping our economy stands up as well as suddenly being forced to negotiate trade agreements with a huge number of countries that we wouldn't need to if we were in the EU, who could all say no to us. Too many say no, and we're suddenly ****ed.

Not to mention that while we're involved with all these countries, we're basically a strong alliance and the world's better off together in such a sense. Not to mention that the actual treasury has predicted that if we leave the EU, the shock effect is going to likely ruin our economy and put more people out of jobs than the jobs we would gain from Brexit going forward. Just predictions, yes, but warnings that we cannot afford to just ignore.

I totally agree that the EU may need certain levels of reforms, but just leaving is idiotic and would mean that the EU will suffer, we will DEFINITELY suffer, and that our future would be very uncertain.

"Muh immigration" is all fine and good considering people's views on it, but it's not the only factor in the mix and even if current immigration was considered an issue in the eyes of literally everybody, it just wouldn't be enough to outweigh the other crap people would have to deal with anyway. The older generations voting to leave really don't understand the world they're attempting to thrust onto the younger generation of today.

At least, that's my opinion. I have a pretty strong opinion about this issue. Even my friend, who can be notably pretty racist and doesn't like the whole migrant thing is voting to stay. There's too much on the line if we leave.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Post by Pentagrami »

your friend who is notably racist??
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

^ I ****** swear if this starts another derailment I'm going to ****.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

As a US citizen who has never step foot outside of the US, it's really none of my business what the British people decide to do in regards to the European Union, but based on my limited knowledge of the situation accross the pond, I'd be voting to stay if I was a UK citizen.

I do salute the UK government for holding this referendum, though. While I think the EU is a net good, it is my understanding that most of its member states entered the Union by decision of their governments rather than by approval of their people, and I'd even go so far as to say the EU should require public referendum for joining the EU or for a member state to join the Eurozone.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Idk, UK is a p big EU carry from what I've heard. I can't imagine the EU surviving very long without the UK, and that many different cultures so close together WITHOUT a unifying body doesn't end up happily ever after.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:I'd even go so far as to say the EU should require public referendum for joining the EU or for a member state to join the Eurozone.
I really do think such a thing should be common sense, if you force people into something and don't have a voting process. You should be ready for the day they're ready to do the same to you.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Flame »

Pentagrami wrote:your friend who is notably racist??
Yes, my friend who is notably pretty racist. I'm not saying I condone racism, but I'm not going to get rid of someone who has certain beliefs but doesn't act on them because they don't want to make other people's lives worse. Jesus Christ it's a matter of simple bloody tolerance. If you want to argue it out with me (not that you really have any reason to, or any basis to try and tell me about my own friends) then take it to PMs, anyway.
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:I'd even go so far as to say the EU should require public referendum for joining the EU or for a member state to join the Eurozone.
I totally agree, it should be in the hands of the public since it affects them pretty heavily. I'd say the referendum is a good thing in regards to public choice, at the very least.
EvilPinkamina wrote:Idk, UK is a p big EU carry from what I've heard. I can't imagine the EU surviving very long without the UK, and that many different cultures so close together WITHOUT a unifying body doesn't end up happily ever after.
To my knowledge, the UK, France and Germany are huge regarding the EU, and losing one like the UK could be a disastrous loss on the EU's part. I've got no idea what'll happen regarding the EU if we do get out, though.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

I think the recent Jo Cox murder might be pushing people towards "Remain."

This is why I never think to openly advocate violent actions, if you turn the other side into martyr's first then all you do is have your side defined by a murder.

I still hope for a "Leave" Vote in all honesty, the EU deserves to crumble and take every single one of it's insane and bureaucratic nightmares down with it. If people refuse to see what they've done, then the only hope left is to hope Trump makes it into office so we can let any EU runners make their way over here.

BAHAHAA
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Re: The Brexit (Happened)

Post by Flame »

I voted Remain, but our country chose immigration over the economy.

I'm going to sit back and laugh as the Leave campaigners realise what they've done to the UK. Oh, that 350 billion pounds the Leave campaign promised to go to the NHS is suddenly no longer going to happen, and they only told us post-Leave vote? I'm legitimately shocked that people are surprised that they lied.

May as well make the most of it, and spend time enjoying myself with the embers of burning Britain before I leave.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

I'm not letting this topic get turned into the remainer circlejerk topic like everywhere else I've been to.

So here, if you're wondering what the leavers have been thinking about all this remainer rage going on over the last few days, look no further:

And I can guarantee you somebody's going to come in here and prove my point.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Old people bringing the bantz, even the young can't handle.

No point complaining, look towards the future to make sure that it doesn't do too much damage.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Flame »

I think it's true what I keep being told, the British tend to have a way of mucking on through. No clue where the UK'll be in twenty years though.

mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Here's to a hopeful second referendum? I'm really annoyed that so many people voted to leave. Especially the elderly. :heroblink:
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Flame wrote:I think it's true what I keep being told, the British tend to have a way of mucking on through. No clue where the UK'll be in twenty years though
Back to normal

Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Flame »

What is this, a graph for ants? That aside, I mean more than just economically. Only time will tell.
Ravenyte wrote:Here's to a hopeful second referendum? I'm really annoyed that so many people voted to leave. Especially the elderly. :heroblink:
I would be suuuuper annoyed if we held a second one. We had a democratic vote and we lost; if we were to hold a second one because Remain didn't get its way, it would just be kind-of ridiculous. Though, I do wonder what would happen if we held another one, now that Farage and his lies have been exposed (not that it was particularly difficult to predict) and people have thought more about it.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

^To be fair, it was a 51.9% majority of a 72% turnout... that's like 30% of the adult population. Not to mention many people are regretting their leave votes, many lies have been exposed, alongside the pound dropping 13% in value since last Thursday.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

you mean right wing lunatics wreck the economy with anti-intellectualism and transform domestic policy into racism and xenophobia in the UK too?! pff, that's almost like saying "right wing populism" is a polite way of saying fascism in it's infancy ... oh

oh well i guess, the old people will die eventually, maybe there's still hope?
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "