So have you guys been getting your anime doses?

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: So have you guys been getting your anime doses?

Post by Ivogoji »

Rajikaru wrote:
Also I know Kappa Mikey is actually trash and has some of the lowest grade flash animation on the planet, up there with My Life Me as one of the worst pseudo-anime shows in a generation, but I'll be damned if I didn't love the show growing up. The theme is also insanely good. It's also really hard to not see Mikey as Fry after watching all of Futurama.
Kappa Mikey was a mess of lazy animation and cliche writing, but the sheer effectiveness of its concept (an American cartoon character in an anime made in America) is so good it outways all of the show's flaws. They didn't NEED to try, the pure novelty of the show is a win-win. And it did manage to work in some clever shoutouts to a bunch of anime so there are some legitimate rewards for watching it.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

Rajikaru wrote:Then why bother posting in the thread if you're so against the idea in the first place?
because i must express my disapproval about the fact that every post is not about cowboy bebop? pssh, what kind of question is that.
help me
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Ivogoji wrote:
Rajikaru wrote:
Also I know Kappa Mikey is actually trash and has some of the lowest grade flash animation on the planet, up there with My Life Me as one of the worst pseudo-anime shows in a generation, but I'll be damned if I didn't love the show growing up. The theme is also insanely good. It's also really hard to not see Mikey as Fry after watching all of Futurama.
Kappa Mikey was a mess of lazy animation and cliche writing, but the sheer effectiveness of its concept (an American cartoon character in an anime made in America) is so good it outways all of the show's flaws. They didn't NEED to try, the pure novelty of the show is a win-win. And it did manage to work in some clever shoutouts to a bunch of anime so there are some legitimate rewards for watching it.
When I was younger, I loved the show because it was funny and random.
I just watched a few episodes, and I think it actually holds up somewhat specifically for those call-outs, and the animation is so bad it's funny in some instances. Also because the music and sound is actually pretty great, considering.
I can barely believe it's 10 years old at this point though. That's like half my age.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

^That's pretty much my thoughts too. A shame Kappa Mikey doesn't have a DVD release.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I've never seen an episode of Kappa Mikey, but it's always a shame when a show doesn't get a DVD release or only gets one as individual volumes rather than season boxes. Even mediocre media doesn't deserve the hell of keep circulating the tapes.

And while anime certainly isn't immune to Sturgen's law(the one that says 90% of everything is crap) and anime fantards can be annoying(being annoying is pretty much in their job description), calling anime a sin makes you sound like a religious zealot who believes all anime is ****** or promotes devil worship rather than someone who just isn't into the media and wishes those into it would be less annoying. Hell, I'm into anime and even I've had moments where I've wished other anime fans would calm down even when they've shared my particular likes in anime, but my experience is pretty much every fandom has its fair share of fantards who give the fandom a bad name and annoy even the more level-headed members of the same fandom.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

^oh i didnt mean to sound like that, i call a lot of things a sin as a joke. like raisins.

like the only anime ill ever watch is cowboy bebop, fma, ghost in the shell, a lot of anime that used to be on adult swim practically. i used to watch attack on titan but that went down the drain after realizing the creator is some kind of weirdo and i already didnt even have an interest
help me
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

getting through jojo because someone told me to and i am doing it for him; also i just think some of the characters are ideal husbands

also i kinda like.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

^

Hopefully you're reading it. And ALL of them are good husbando's. Speedwagon especially.

In other news, finished reading Kaiji Part 3, as much as I dislike Mahjong it still had the same old Kaiji spark and feel. Part 4 I've just started to read and while nothing has happened yet, it's actually building up quite well.

It's a shame Part 3, 4 or 5 will ever get an anime. We will never hear the music for those parts, and the music is too good, I listen to it while I read, and try and sync it up with parts of the manga I feel necessary.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Well, started on the Sword Art Online Light Novels, currently up to chapter 13 of the first volume.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

I like how the Rewrite anime, despite how much they marketed it and were so proud of it, has such great animation.
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Twiddle. wrote:I like how the Rewrite anime, despite how much they marketed it and were so proud of it, has such great animation.
I actually saw nothing for this anime.

Was it really pushed that much?
Xeno
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Xeno »

I've been watching a lot of one-cour animes as of late, of which the most recent one being Angel Beats! I'll be finishing off Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm afterwards because I miss Asuka Kurashina being adorable as ever.
“Life’s not cruel until you put the game controller down.”

This is a little philosophical gem that I said when I was insanely tired.
taco chao
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by taco chao »

So, recently finished One Punch Man, and, shortly before that, RWBYinb4 not an anime. Currently torn between a friend telling me to watch Tokyo Ghoul and the internet telling me to watch Re: Zero. Decisions.
I'm foo757#1804 on battle.net, if anyone is up for Hearthstone/Overwatch.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

^

Watch neither, and watch Kaiji.
taco chao
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by taco chao »

^
Bleh, I'm gonna be awake for a long while now trying to un-destroy my sleep schedule (currently at an atrocious 7 AM to 3), so why not. If it's bad, the blood is on your hands, Retro.
I'm foo757#1804 on battle.net, if anyone is up for Hearthstone/Overwatch.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Kaiji Ultimate Survivor is the first one, followed by Against All Rules. Both are subbed, no dub as far as I know.

Also, don't worry I'm never wrong.

Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

I recommend Uchuu Patrol Luluco, 13 episodes and sadly all are 8 minutes long, but it's an anime directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi (KLK, TTGL, LWA, FLCL) so yeah you have the random animations and references to past Studio Trigger projects.

Boku No hero Academia (Or My hero academia) is very good as well.

Kiznaiver is pretty gloomy but its good.

I'm still struggling with kaiketsu zorori because they keep farting on every episode and they fart to get out of almost any trouble its getting on my nerves I don't know how did I survive 100+ episodes of a fox and 2 boars farting (not only worse they had once to bring other 4 fart masters to keep a meteor from hitting the earth and they ended up missing but instead they pushed the earth away with mighty force) This is where i nearly crossed the line with this anime.

I am also starting to watch Cowboy Bebop and I'm loving it already.
BriefCasey795
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: Recovering Cancer Patient

Post by BriefCasey795 »

One Punch Man and JoJo's. That is all.
Friend Codes - Youtube - Steam -
Anything you see on here before 2016-17 does not reflect who I am today.
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

mob psycho 100 is good. i'm also excited for my hero academia season 2
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Recently finished the first Sword Art Online light novel. Also moderately excited about Digimon Tri being confirmed for English release.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

I'm focusing on catching up on Pokemon XY&Z for now, since the Kalos arc is approaching its finale. Extremely excited.

I'll return to the other anime I've been watching or plan on watching once this wraps up.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Finished Akagi a while back, not sure if I mentioned it. It's a decent anime I guess, ends on a stupid cliffhanger because the actual manga isn't finished yet, and the final battle has been going on for 10 irl years.

Manga wise, finished a great manga called Nickelodeon. A collection of short and sweet stories of different people in a similar world. It's quite interesting since they actually acknowledge other stories by calling them rumours, so it's cool to see them all linked in a way like that. Plus, there some unique twists and stories in general.

Up to date with other manga's like Monster Musume, I am a Hero and I guess I should continue reading Prison School.

Plus, I started reading Beserk. Pretty dark, but also very good. 300+ chapters will be something but last I heard he was on a boat for 5 years so I'm sure I'll be able to catch up before he has to make that long journey back.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I just watched the Little Witch Academia shorts today.

They're both super cute and great and I think a great way for Trigger to flex their creative muscles. The second short had a bit too much cheesecake involving possibly teenage/underage girls, but that doesn't detract from it in the slightest.

Also Netflix had their language auto-set to japanese with subs which I thought was awesome
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Pokemon XY&Z is the best think I have watched in a long time. Lysandre raised the stakes like no other villain could.

Been thinking about re-watching Dragon Ball.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
JamminNekoSoaper
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL!!!! O(≧▽≦)O

Post by JamminNekoSoaper »

I havent watched pokemon since Diamond & Pearl. Some of the anime's ive been watching lately have been Lazy Town, Wild Kratt's, Suite Life with Zack & Cody, iDubbbzTV, TOSH.0, The Mighty Boosh, Perfect Hair Forever, General Douglas MacArthur & finally; Gorillaz & Mindless Self Indulgence. I guess you could say im no narutard because I catch all the plot holes when watching serious anime's.
YOWHAHOWOOHOOHOORAYYAHOOYEEHAWYIHAWWEE~
Image Image
AAAAAWYEAH!! PARTYY HARDYYYY!!!! (\^w^)/ ° \(^w^/)