Sonic Advance ring glitch refuses to fix

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: I just ate dinner for breakfast!

Sonic Advance ring glitch refuses to fix

Post by Canpaw »

However many of times I try, and however many ways I try to do it, it just wont fix! Is there any reason why it isnt happening? I'm specifically collecting 48 coins, while flying over everything else, while not colecting anything else, getting a game over, then doing Neo Green Hill Zone act 2, after each time I reset. Why isnt it working?
a
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Re: Sonic Advance ring glitch refuses to fix

Post by UltimaNumber »

I think you have to specifically access the TCG after exactly getting the right amount of rings. I don't think getting 48 rings, and not visiting the TCG won't work, since it only updates the rings when you visit the TCG or turn the game off I'm guessing?

Or maybe it could be another thing where it remembers how much rings the TCG had when you deleted the save, and won't update until you get THAT amount of rings...

Maybe you could also try transferring the rings into SADX/SA2B since that reduces the ring counter to 0.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: trans rights

Re: Sonic Advance ring glitch refuses to fix

Post by Arctic »

I have tried so many times to fix this glitch myself and have had no success. The thing I ended up resorting to was playing the memory mini game in the TCG and photographing where the cards are. That way I can match them perfectly every time and net 80-90 ish rings. It's actually pretty fast and effective.
Hope that helps '^^