Chao Personality Switch

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
LilXenomorph
Egg
Egg

Chao Personality Switch

Post by LilXenomorph »

I found that just by entering the health center, checking the medical chart, exiting, and entering again somehow changes the chao's personality. I couldn't find anything about this on YouTube, Chao Island or elsewhere so I decided to share. I uploaded a video of this so you guys can see for yourselves. I'm not really sure what to make of it. Is it a glitch? Do chao personalities mean nothing? Let me know what you guys think about this. :blink:

Video: https://youtu.be/KX0pK_Vy_-U
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Re: Chao Personality Switch

Post by Chao Professor »

This is really interesting, and something I was unaware of. Your video inspired me to experiment, and I've discovered some really amazing information on personalities. I'll have to compile my findings and make a post. Thank you for your findings! It's very strange how we all missed this... I was honestly shocked when I got it to work :herosway:
Image It's still thinking...
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

My brother has a Hero Chao named Bully (formerly Quartz) raised by Shadow currently under my care whose personality seems to change from Energetic to Short temper and then back again. Except that it didn't happen each and every time the Chao went to the doctor to my knowledge.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
LilXenomorph
Egg
Egg

Post by LilXenomorph »

Thanks for the replies. No problem, Chao Professor. I'm glad I was able to contribute at least a little. I was also pretty shocked when I found this. I'm looking forward to what your findings are, and anyone elses! :darkhappy:
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

The reason the Chao Doctor displays different personalities, is because he can only display one. Your Chao can actually have more than one personality, like being a Cry Baby and a Big Eater despite displaying Cry Baby. To actually change personality, it could depend on how you treated your Chao in its lifetime. When one of my Chao reincarnated, it stopped being a Big Eater, I guess because it wasn't fed often?
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs