Sonic R Mods

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Sonic R Mods

Post by Triert »

some gay girl who screams at cats and ***** herself in walmart told me there was a sonic r mod that added blaze and silver into the game.

anyone know how to set it up?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Sonic R Mods

Post by chaoadventures »

Silly goat, Sonic R mods are a myth.

Well, there's an updater for the PC version that updates the original Win 95 based 1997 release to the limited Win XP based 2004 release. So that's something.

Can't say that I DON'T want to see Silver over the Tails Doll and watch him crumple like an absolute weirdo when he loses. but I assume no one's fully understood the models yet.

NEW NEW NEW, EDIT EDIT EDIT:

I stand corrected, it's a Sonic Hacking Contest entry: http://sonichacking.org/entry/24, also adds Fang, the character list leads me to believe that they removed Eggrobo, Tails Doll, and Metal Knuckles for it all though

Now I need to go dig through my garage and hope I still have the original disc for this game or that there's some way to pirate it because apparently the mod removes the need for a disc

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

when did i scream at a cat?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Played mod, new tier list is up:

Discuss.
Spoiler:

this is why you don't pirate 1997-era games on their home turf kids

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Character list is kind of weird but i guess makes sense in hindsight, at most i imagine they're swapping out character assets and animations and not much else.

I imagine they're planning one more character for the extra missing link? THey need to work on the art, models etc really bad, either stick with the original designs of the game or completely scrap it and build the game from scratch via another engine. Looking at the screenshots everything looks absolutely awful, especially replacing the interesting rotating character models on the char selecter screen with flat unmoving modern images of the characters.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

nah, all of the new characters play entirely unique and even the old characters play differently because of the new special bar
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

It sounds like Silver and Knack at least play similar to Mecha Knuckles and Eggman/Eggrobo respectively, but I haven't actually played the beta so iunno.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa