How chao are made

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

How chao are made

Post by Triert »

When the mating dance starts, the two chao perform a ritual that at first causes the ground around them to bloom irregardless of how well the soil is. After doing so the flowers that were created are then used in two ways, the earth created from the flowers form the shell while the moisture in the surrounding area is consumed in order to create the child.

This is assuming of course this is how it actually happens and we're not supposed to see chao having sex.

If this turns into a chao sex theorizing topic I'm going to use my personal connections with fox to ban you all.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Re: How chao are made

Post by Sable »

chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

^who what why when where

---

Chao release spores when near a willing mate. This individual concept is from another topic on the subject actually.

The change is that the chao don't have the spore releasing glands near their face but rather their whole head, and nuzzle against each other to to increase the rate of success.

Normally this method would yield one egg, but depending on the environment and a bit of luck, then more than one egg would be created.
(I vaguely remember seeing a glitch video from 2008 that produced multiple chao eggs at once)

I have no idea where the egg and the chao get their remaining nutrients, probably from the ground, which would further explain a need for a fresh water source.

The flowers are in-game cosmetics so you don't wonder why your chao is always sitting down while smiling after a Heart Fruit because they'd probably just release pheromones or something.

but I'm not done with biology class yet so whatever

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Chao use Chaos Control to summon eggs from a pocket dimension where Chao eggs are spontaneously formed by a machine created at the time of the Gaia Temple Civilization. The act of mating communicates the parents' genetic information to the egg's blank template.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

Or they just appear through magic.

Maybe they're really good illusionists, where the act of kissing is actually just misdirection while they secretly place an egg in between each other.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I subscribe to chaoadventures' link to Mayo's idea relating to spores.
Mayo proposed the egg develops external to the chao, while the parents guard the egg (not seen in game.) In that idea, it would seem the zygote acquires materials for the shell from the earth.

If we take it that the egg does seriously pop up almost immediately from the chao parents rubbing face:
When it comes to actually forming the egg, we know chao subsist on a fruit diet. No calcium there. Chao are highly watery, and require fresh water sources to live, so it would seem that chao get substantial amounts of nutrients from their water sources, such as dissolved minerals.

I would think the parents impart some amount of their jelly-like self into the egg to help feed the baby as it grows.
I think I just convinced myself that chao mating should reduce the size of the parents for a bit, and that chao can lob of sections of themselves fairly easily...

To explain how an egg pops up so fast, I added some definitely not real features to the chao.
Mayo's idea is better.
Yuiop
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Farewell

Post by Yuiop »

Maybe the Chao just fuse their essence into one being kinda like in DBZ but instead of them being fused into eachother they create a third being so it's like a Sonic fusion dance maybe only Chao can perform. That is just one of many over the top theories I can come up with.
Bye Guys
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

I have to wonder though... Why does the Heart Fruit make Chao ready to mate instantly? It does say "Egg-fertility Fruit", so, how would we fit this into our theories?
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I would think that the fruit contains hormones or some precursors to hormones, that once the chao ingests it they then go into their mating phase (circle of flowers.) During this phase they stock up on all the necessary nutrients for producing a child and egg.
Or the fruit contains the necessary nutrients, and once the chao has built up enough of those nutrients, they go into their mating phase. Kind of the same idea, but different in which goes first- building up nutrients or entering the mating phase.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

And then there's the machine in the japan disc with the 3 Character Chao. Where the machine just creates a new Chao from some sort of liquid, then morphs it into a Character Chao. We could either say this is just artificial, or that the machine contains something that Chao make when mating... Or something.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

It's the machine created by the ancient civilization!

All the Chao in the world come from that one machine!
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Yuiop
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Farewell

Post by Yuiop »

I KNOW FINALLY AFTER MINUTES OF REASEARCH IT'S THE... Well crud I forgot
Bye Guys
Akuhime-sama
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: "You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry"

Post by Akuhime-sama »

I think we all know how it happens. Image
Mztable
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Emulation is the key to techs past.

Post by Mztable »

But why doe?
:heroblink: :omochao:
Frankyv20
Egg
Egg

Post by Frankyv20 »

chaoadventures wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:05 pm ^who what why when where

---

Chao release spores when near a willing mate. This individual concept is from another topic on the subject actually.

The change is that the chao don't have the spore releasing glands near their face but rather their whole head, and nuzzle against each other to to increase the rate of success.

Normally this method would yield one egg, but depending on the environment and a bit of luck Rachat crédit toiture, then more than one egg would be created.
(I vaguely remember seeing a glitch video from 2008 that produced multiple chao eggs at once)

I have no idea where the egg and the chao get their remaining nutrients, probably from the ground, which would further explain a need for a fresh water source.

The flowers are in-game cosmetics so you don't wonder why your chao is always sitting down while smiling after a Heart Fruit because they'd probably just release pheromones or something.

but I'm not done with biology class yet so whatever
But will the egg in question be fertilized or not seen the way in which it was conceived?