TCG Styled Chao Spritesheets for all types of Chao

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 3 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

TCG Styled Chao Spritesheets for all types of Chao

Post by UltimaNumber »

I'm sure we've seen TCG styled Chao Sprites for various types on certain places for the internet and maybe there exist some, maybe some doesn't exist at all or is just one sprite facing forward, but what if we've made our own (un)official Chao Spritesheets for all the various types just like we have for Hero Chao and Dark Chao and the three Chaos Chao? Not only would it fill in the blanks of what may or may not exist, it would also be useful for the Smiles here, or Fangames, and such.

If necessary, we could also create custom items as well, like Chao Fruit, Mushroom, Hats, etc.

I would also like to point out that it would make sense if we followed the rules of the GBA in terms of colors. You don't have to, I'm just pointing that out for anyone curious. The GBA can display 32^3 colors, and when viewing them in paint, all RGB values are a multiple of 8, so the max would be 248 as that is 31 in GBA. The palette for Chao is up to 16 colors as well, or 256 colors. Like I said, you don't have to follow these rules unless you want to somehow use these Chao in the actual Tiny Chao Garden.

EDIT: I've ripped every single sprite using VBA's Tile Viewer, so I do actually mean for every type, all of these sprites! Including the Swimming, Flying, and Tripping that was just never ripped!
EDIT: I've ripped all the normal palettes! I didn't bother ripping the glitched palettes!

Image (if you can't see the image: https://sta.sh/06qvxg55a0) (I really don't know how to make this work)

If you would like to make such sprites, please let it be known here! I may not be an artist myself, but I would love to see all kinds of sprites for every type of Chao out there! I know there may exist certain Sprites out there, but what if we can make ones ourselves to see if they maybe look better? Plus, there are types that doesn't actually exist out there! Once we have made some custom Chao Sprites, I'll be sure to share it on the front post!
Last edited by UltimaNumber on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: TCG Styled Chao Spritesheets for all types of Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Do you mean sprites to expand on the ones we have here as smilies? Like these little guys :thinking:

And similar to a sheet like this
https://hisoka773.deviantart.com/art/Ch ... -682004851

Anyway, I am largely not artisticly talented. I can probably do some pallete swaping, but making the new head/wing shapes for other evolutions is very very far out of my area. But I do think it is a good idea, as a project of sorts for the site.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

Well, yeah, but in addition to that, I'm talking all the different sprites in the TCG, like walking in all directions, doing other actions, like cheering, being petted, flying, swimming, etc. All the sprites for each and every type out there! (Heck, even just the normal Chao Spritesheet doesn't have Flying and Swimming, but I can rip them very easily.) It would be useful for fangames or they can be used in the Smilies. I know there exist some spritesheets of some types, but they're rather outdated, and now that we can view Chao better, we can make better sprites of them!

My YouTube stuffs
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

So, yeah. You may notice, when you view other various spritesheets, certain ones are not in the one I ripped. That is because they don't exist in the game's coding!

btw, even though they're just palette swaps, I'm working on ripping every single colors available in the TCG coding, there actually isn't that many of them. But, I'm not going to rip the ones with the wrong palette! Those are not needed, even if they're possible to get during normal gameplay (which they are)

My YouTube stuffs
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Do you mean the weird looks that certain evolved Chao get when taken to the TCG?

I have always found those particularly interesting and strange.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

I've found the only palette swaps that exist are only for Hero Chao of any type, Dark Chao of any type, and all the Jewel Colors. But there isn't any for Hero/Dark and Jewel. It seems that the Jewel palette takes priority. However, I've had times where I've imported my Neutral Power Chao in the TCG, and it's palette was incredibly weird, it was mainly black with yellow pixels here and there. I'm certain it was an incorrect palette, as I did actually mess with the palette using VBA's Tile Viewer.

My YouTube stuffs