is gradual evolution for run/power and swim/fly not possible?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 2 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
immaterialgirl
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: what's normal for the lion is shocking for the mouse

is gradual evolution for run/power and swim/fly not possible?

Post by immaterialgirl »

so I was looking through the chao island website on second evolution and I notice that, swim/run, swim/power, fly/power, and fly/run are possible but not run/power nor swim/fly. is this an error on the website or is it actually just not possible? I'm asking because I would love to see the chao's appearances on them and one of my previous chao which was a dark fly looked like a cat because I gave it run and power a lot.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: is gradual evolution for run/power and swim/fly not possible?

Post by Mamkute »

Gradual evolution is determined by two sliders, Run-Power and Swim-Fly. The gradual evolution page on the main site (below second evolution page) goes into quite a bit more detail, but the main point is that Run and Power are opposites, as are Swim and Fly. Here is a kind of graphical representation:

https://imgur.com/a/ND96E

So Run + Power just puts the Chao in the middle, which is the same as None, same as with Swim + Fly. Meanwhile Swim+Run, Swim+Power, Fly+Power, and Fly+Run are the corners of the graph.
immaterialgirl
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: what's normal for the lion is shocking for the mouse

Re: is gradual evolution for run/power and swim/fly not possible?

Post by immaterialgirl »

thank you, that just explains everything. I wished I had taken a picture of the "cat-like" dark/fly chao I had but it reincarnated. But now reading your post and the gradual evolution sectioned I had missed. I'm thinking since run+power subtract each other. It might have been between run and fly that caused my chao to look like that. it WAS a fly chao after all.