My Chao is breaking logic

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Galaxier
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: It isn't galaxy enough!

My Chao is breaking logic

Post by Galaxier »

So, one of my chao finally rebirthed, and I don't want to care for it, because I need to worry about the other chao. So, I give it all the animals, and 5 chao fruits. Afterwards, I see a seal, and think "did I give him this? I'll give him iy anyways," and gave him the seal. I noticed that he was changing, but not in a good way. He was changing into what I thought was a run at the time. So, I ran to the black market multiple times and overall bought him 15 chao fruits. Gave them all to him, and he's still changing. I pet him with Sonic untill he shifts into the Hero alignment, and, well, he was turning into a swim. I waited, and I didn't see any change, as he might as well went further into a swim.

Please help, it makes no sense to me
Want to see my Chao and how they are?
I am currently trying to finish this, but you can still check it out! :chaohappy:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... p=drivesdk
Galaxier
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: It isn't galaxy enough!

Re: My Chao is breaking logic

Post by Galaxier »

Don't even reply, it turned into a Swim, defying all the chao fruit I've given it.
Want to see my Chao and how they are?
I am currently trying to finish this, but you can still check it out! :chaohappy:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... p=drivesdk
dinosaur202
Egg
Egg

Post by dinosaur202 »

*replies* :cool:
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Chao fruit do nothing to change the evolutionary path of a chao.

You can find some more detailed information about it on the main site under "Gradual Evolution" but this page "First Evolution" should explain most of it:
https://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/first-evolution

In summary, a chao's evolution is only determined by drives and animals given to it- stat totals and fruits do nothing to change how it is going. When giving animals to chao, giving the animals in a balanced way is important if you want it to evolve into a Normal evolution path- if you give it 100 swim animals, then 100 fly animals, then 100 run animals, then 100 power animals, it will evolve into power, despite being relatively balanced in stats, because the power animals were given most recently.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Also, Blue, Black, and Gold animals have a random effect on evolution, and these random effects being enough to push a Chao out of the neutral zone is probably the most common reason a Chao fails to become a Chaos Chao.

And in Mamkute's example, the Chao becoming Power is also due to Power taking precedence over Fly(if the 100 animals of each type were given in the order fly, swim, run, power, the Chao would evolve swim because Swim takes precedence over everything else).